FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnhappy in car help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brooke&Connor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooke&Connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unhappy in car help
    Posted: 01 September 2014 at 4:40pm
Hi everybody, I was hoping someone could help me ! I have a 3 month old who HATES car rides, he screams the entire car ride and doesn't stop till we take him out, just the other day he cried from Auckland to Hamilton I'm at my wits end I've tried a mirror toys feeding him just beforr waiting an hout aftet a feed, I've had someone sit in the back (I can't I get carsick and so does my partner) I am out of ideas! Because we have half of the family a 6 hour drive away I am desperate to try and find something that works so we can go and see them. I will mention that he does have silent reflux and we have him in a covertable carseat rather than capsule. ANY advice qill be great because I would love to be able to drive yo kuat the supermarket without him screaming. Cheers :)
Sponsored Links

Nats-mum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nats-mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 8:49pm
Does your baby respond to any kind of music or white noise? Not so relaxing for you, but a CD of "shushing" sounds or similar might calm him. My girl quietened down when I made a really weird high pitched "doooooo wooooop" noise over and over again when she was unsettled in the car. Sounds mad! But some experimenting with different noises might distract? Poor wee guy though and would make it hard to concentrate on driving for you at the moment. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooke&Connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2014 at 8:54pm
I am currently trying a lullaby app that plays the same tunr over and over so I'm trying to get him to positivly associate with that but will give the white noise a go cheers :) I am willing to give anything a go
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 8:13am
Does he start complaining when you start driving/start the car, or when he's put in the car seat? If he does it right away with the seat he might be uncomfortable? I know reflux babies are very sensitive to angles etc. Could try adjusting the car seat angle with folded towels underneath it (since the natural slope of the back seats vary between different cars, the angle of the carseats can vary a lot! Also can take the carseat out and have him sit in it in the lounge where he can see you to get used to it.

If it's the motion of the car itself, I can't be of much help. I loved the head rest inserts that stops their heads from going side-to-side, and had a toy to play with, but my son thankfully was pretty content with me in the back for the first few months, then on his own once I could drive again.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooke&Connor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 10:15am
He seems happy to just sit in it inside he just starts up when we start moving. We have a convertible carseat aswell which he seems to slightt be more happy in than the capsule because he hates be all confined in the capsule. Thanks for your comment :)
 Post Reply Post Reply