FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMidwife in East Auckland or Central Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 10:45pm
Thanks Apfel. That makes me think I might go for Linda's classes as I am 32.
Might still look at joining the eastern parent centre as it could be helpful as well.
Sponsored Links

Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 9:25am
I think it's becoming far more common for women aged 29-35 to become first time mums, my friend who had a baby at 26 said she was by far the youngest at her pregnancy swimming classes in cental Auckland and the other women looked at her like she was a child.
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 12:03pm
That's great! I'm hoping that we get a good coffee group going from the classes I'm going to. I don't know very many people at all in auckland so hoping having a baby might change that! :) We could even look at getting a little play group together through ohbaby!
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 12:07pm
Would be keen to meet up when our babies arrive - to keep our sanity when we are homebound! Looking forward to coffee groups and new mums groups
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 12:17pm
Definitely, would be great to meet up with the bubs!
K130520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K130520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:31pm
Can I say I has Christine and I would never have her again!
She was too caught up in talking about her personal life and other clients lifes at appointments. She would also repeat herself every appointment like she would forget what she had told me. Constantly pressuring me to have baby at birthcare. My partner hated her!
I wished that I listened to him and changed midwifes

I met judy she was sooo lovely. Think she has just finished uni but she would be someone I would possibly have. But never ever again Christine I think she takes on far too many people. She forgot I had an appointment with her once then made me wait an hour cause she mucked up another girls appointment.

Every time I texted her I would get a text back "whose this" and when I would call she would have that rude manner. For a first time mum I didn't feel that nice connection. More rude and just had a job to do. No passion
K130520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K130520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2014 at 11:32pm
Can I say I has Christine and I would never have her again!
She was too caught up in talking about her personal life and other clients lifes at appointments. She would also repeat herself every appointment like she would forget what she had told me. Constantly pressuring me to have baby at birthcare. My partner hated her!
I wished that I listened to him and changed midwifes

I met judy she was sooo lovely. Think she has just finished uni but she would be someone I would possibly have. But never ever again Christine I think she takes on far too many people. She forgot I had an appointment with her once then made me wait an hour cause she mucked up another girls appointment.

Every time I texted her I would get a text back "whose this" and when I would call she would have that rude manner. For a first time mum I didn't feel that nice connection. More rude and just had a job to do. No passion
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 9:03am
Thats a shame K13. How old is your baby now?
K130520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K130520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 9:52am
To protect my privacy let's say baby is under a year old

Edited by K130520 - 17 October 2014 at 10:13am
ab160710 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab160710 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 3:19pm
So how long have Judy been a midwife?
CLB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 3:28pm
Hi Ab,
Sorry I do not know as I ended up going with Greenlane Medical centre - Sarah Izzard, so didn't contact Judy.

Apfel - do you know?

PS - I ended up booking the Howick antenatal classes with Linda as everyone seemed to go to those ones.
K130520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K130520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 3:33pm
Well I think she's only just become fully qualified? As she was still studying when I saw her
Apfel84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apfel84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 9:22pm
Not sure. Doesn't phase me, I like her and if there's problems you go to an obstetrician at the hospital
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 5:50pm
CLB what dates are your classes? Mine start sat but I'm due Jan and think I'm a bit ahead of you guys??
Vj266964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vj266964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 3:36am
DO NOT EVER SIGN UP WITH CHRISTINE BRADLEY, she is a mess, still stuck up on her husband who has left her she is more concerned about her marriage than her patience. She got me mixed up for someone else so many times, my whole pregnancy she said I was healthy only to find out I had preeclampsia and because that was untreated I now suffer from heart problems due to that going untreated during pregnancy, she even wrote my babys DOB on documents that she was born in the 80's. She need to retire, shes not all there. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND HER EVER!!! sign up with her at your own risk.
Vj266964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vj266964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 3:42am
Wish I had googled her before letting her be my midwife. You're correct. I too should've listened to my partner as he hated her too, she always belittled him as if she hated all men for what her husband did to her! so unprofessional. She needs to be gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12