FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWLG sperm donor wait list time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fairylight Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairylight Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2014 at 10:31am
Sorry about my not coming back to reply! Life just got hectic!

We went out for Xmas dinner last night and DH announced out of the blue he doesn't want to do another IVF/ICSI cycle but instead go straight for donor. I have to say I'm relieved! I don't have to put my body through all that stress again, and with what we believe would be the same outcome. I've been stressing about saving the money for a full cycle and now don't have to stress so much! BC can I ask what you have paid for a cycle attempt? I have $3000 in my head.
I've decided we'll sit on DH's announcement for a few weeks so we both come to terms with it then ill contact FAW to give the go ahead.

BC the sperm you have access to, is there allocations for x number of couples? I only imagine 2 or 3, but wondering if they have told you.
I've also decided I'll contact my male family members to ask if they've donated. Like mentioned above, how does the clinic know we wouldn't get sperm that is related to me?

It also means we can start counceling/IUI etc sooner than saving for a full cycle and doing it.
TTC 6yr
3x IVF/ICSI 6ET (5 x MC/1 BFN)
3x endo ops/severe MFI
'15 IUI DS #3 BFP

TTC#2 '18 IUI DS #2 BFP

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/b9d5p12.png
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2015 at 8:18pm
Fairy I'm so sorry I just found this post!
No doubt you've had some of your questions answered??? I think donors can be for up to 5 couples but could be wrong. You get enough allocated for about 10sets of treatment so in theory plenty.

Good luck for Friday.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
sumitasofat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumitasofat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 9:28pm
This is very good thread. Here I have found very good answers with wonderful question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12