FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Waitlist in Wellington

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UK-Kiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UK-Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Waitlist in Wellington
    Posted: 22 January 2015 at 11:32am
Hi there, my husband and I have been put on the Ivf waitlist with fertility associates Wellington and just wondered what wait others had before they started treatment. Our letter said January 2016 but a few people have said it can be shorter than 12 months. Hope to hear from someone.
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 3:04pm
A couple years back when we were told ivf was our next option Mark told us 8mths. Our story is a bit different though because my dh hasn't got sperm so we use a donor so initially went on the donor list which was only 6mths then did iui. Once those failed to work we could start ivf straight away.
I think they have certain months they do public treatment so as not to have heaps at once. If you pay you start at your discretion.....which will be us once I've put away enough cash.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 9:31pm
My friend is doing IVF there now and had about a 12 month wait!

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 10:58pm
Yep epic I reckon 12mths would be pretty spot on. Very sucky to say the least!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 6:09pm
Not sure what the current situation but we were told 12mths when we were approved for funding but got seen in 8mth. Like BC that was almost a couple of years ago now. I do wonder if they try to "under-promise, over-deliver" - ie prepare people for a longer wait than they actually think it will be.

At least if you don't have any luck first try there is usually not too long to wait to try again. I had IVF cycles in April, June and IVM in Sept 2013.
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
UK-Kiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UK-Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 10:12am
Awesome thanks for the replies ladies I guess it's just a waiting game!!!
Fairylight Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairylight Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 11:48am
Ours was 12 month wait 3 years ago and the second cycle was 3 month wait. You can get yourself on a cancelation list. So if someone takes themselves off the waitlist (hopefully due to a miracle pregnancy!) they can call you to see if you want to go earlier.
They only get x amount of funding so try to make it last throughout the year hense the 12 month waitlist.
TTC 6yr
3x IVF/ICSI 6ET (5 x MC/1 BFN)
3x endo ops/severe MFI
'15 IUI DS #3 BFP

TTC#2 '18 IUI DS #2 BFP

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/b9d5p12.png
petry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 3:21pm
We just finished our first cycle. It was a year wait. Hoping we don't go to the end of the line for the second cycle! I spent the year trying to get healthy. Eating right, acupuncture, exercise. Made me feel like I was doing something. Does anyone know if it is a shorter wait for 2nd public funded cycle?

Edited by petry - 31 January 2015 at 3:21pm
SweetConception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetConception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 3:36pm
Definitely should be shorter wait for 2nd Public cycle Petry. After the initial wait for our first cycle we went through all of of our 3 in about 6mths.
Beautiful girl born March 2016 after 7 years TTC
petry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 7:22pm
Thanks. I hope it is so. We meet with the Dr in a couple weeks For follow up appt. Dont think I could do the long wait again.
 Post Reply Post Reply