FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewborn help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Julia147890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia147890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newborn help
    Posted: 11 February 2015 at 3:22am
Hi there,
I'm a first time mummy and I realize that newborns will do what they want to do, but I'm struggling with my newborns sleeping. As of last week she is suddenly refusing to stay swaddled and spends all night loudly working her way out of the swaddle (grunting groaning and wriggling)
She'll go down for about fifteen minutes and then suddenly start up.. she doesn't appear to be awake but I'm not sure,., the noise is terrible and I can't get any sleep and my hubby is struggling too.

Any suggestions ok what to do or what might be causing this?
Sponsored Links

Tracy136649 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy136649 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 1:55pm
Delayed reply , you may have sorted it now? Have you tried miracle wrap, great for houdini babies. I found if wake after 10/20 mins normally cause they startle themselves.
Bobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 11:17pm
The love to dream swaddle me up is briliant for this! It keeps them nice and snug like a wrap but allows them to have their arms up, but all completely covered. I used a few swaddles, miracle blanket included, but she just really wanted her arms up. 

http://www.lovetodream.com.au/?DocPath=online-shop/swaddleup-stage1/&

You can buy them in shops, doesn't have to be online. I bought my first one from trademe. I now used their summer sleeping bag too as their stuff is such good quality and fabrics so soft.

Edited by Bobsta - 19 February 2015 at 11:20pm
Me 34
Him 35
DD almost 2 years old and...
Baby #2 on it's way!

donaldmerry174918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donaldmerry174918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 1:09am
Hey Julia ,

I would like to recommend not to take tension on this issue as Swaddling increased the risk of SIDS and also the risk of Developmental Dysplasia of the hip.You can go through this Hug a bub wrap carrier instructions
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 9:43pm
some babies dont like being swaddled, when my daughter started wriggling out of her swaddle (i always just used a big muslin to wrap her, nothing fancy) I just started swaddling her around her body under her arms and that seemed to give her enough security to be able to sleep soundly. just experiment and see what works best for you both :)
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Bridget Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:51pm
Yeah, I partially cover my baby with swaddle and she stays happy and she now sleeps better than before.
 Post Reply Post Reply