FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs New Zealand father-friendly?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hayley186069 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hayley186069 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is New Zealand father-friendly?
    Posted: 07 June 2015 at 4:34pm
Do We Live In a Father-Friendly Society?

Are you interested in joining a discussion on your experiences of fatherhood in New Zealand?

Being a father is one of the most important roles in life. With men becoming more involved as caregivers, this research asks the question of whether society supports fathers taking this greater role in parenting.

My name is Hayley, I am part Maori, part Pakeha, and I am a Psychology honours student at the University of Waikato, with a passion for people and families, and a particular interest in the ways in which parents and families can be better supported.

I am looking for fathers (of any age) who have had a child within the last 3 years, and would be interested in talking about their experiences of parenting, in particular the support they have received (whether through parenting-related organisations, or from friends and family) and the ways they feel like they have been regarded in society as a father. In doing this, it is intended that we can further develop the ways in which society can assist fathers in positive parenting.

Interested?

If you are interested in this or would like to discuss further, let me know by email, and I can provide you with further information on what this research entails and how to get involved.

hb55@students.waikato.ac.nz
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply