FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan't find heartbeat with doppler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't find heartbeat with doppler
    Posted: 30 June 2015 at 3:00pm

So I am 10 weeks and 4 days today, am slim and mw felt my uterus straight away however she wasn't able to find a heartbeat. She told me not to worry as it mayb too early. With my first we got to hear the heartbeat straight away and I was 11 weeks...
I haven't had a dating scan and my 12 week scann is not until the 13th of July.
Have any of you had a good scan but weren't able to hear a heartbeat with the Doppler?
Sponsored Links

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 3:29pm
Hi I had a doppler with DD and remember instructions saying that it probably wouldn't read a heart beat before 11 weeks and even then that is early. Also remember midwife not doing it before 11 weeks and told me she still might not find it that early. Funny the things you remember even though that was so long ago.

*Sara* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Sara* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 4:19pm
My midwife said the same think Kazper, she wouldn't even try to use the doppler before 16weeks!
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 4:30pm
Thanks ladies, just weird as with my first pregnancy mw found it without any problems even before I was 12 weeks pregnant. Just worrying as the only symptom I have is morning sickness, nothing else. Guess I shouldn't compare this pregnancy with my first as I know they are all different
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 4:50pm
They sure are different and morning sickness is the best symptom of all.  Remember even those few days can make a difference and who knows what position baby is in.  There could even be a few days difference in age when you have your scan so could still be even earlier Smile  All the best with your scan and hope we eased your mind.  I certainly wouldn't be worried.

avidkeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avidkeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 3:52pm
Hey southkiwi! Congrats on pregnancy. Its really normal not to hear the heartbeat on doppler before around 12 weeks, and you never know you might have an anterior placenta so that can mask it as well.

Earliest I heard my baby's heartbeat on doppler was 11 weeks.

All the best!
DD born 22 April 2014. No 2: BFP 10 September due 23 May 2016 My Ovulation Chart
Nellennium View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nellennium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 4:23pm
Hugs Kiwi All sorts of things can prevent you from hearing the heartbeat in the 1st Trimester and even further along. Anterior placenta as Avid said, also the position of baby and what way they are facing. Even the shape of your uterus

I can understand it being frustrating when your first bubs was easy to find early on though! I would feel the same. I was listening to my son well before 12 weeks, for peace of mind.

If I was you I'd request a dating scan, say it's too stressful not knowing any longer and stress isn't good for baby!
 Post Reply Post Reply