FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan I undergo liposuction after a C- section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Girese210187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girese210187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I undergo liposuction after a C- section?
    Posted: 20 June 2016 at 10:50pm
Hi friends. I am pregnant with twins and my due date in on July 30. I am excited but at the same time worried about the complications. Since it is twins my OB/GYN says there are a few complications and most probably it would be a C-section. I am considering a whole body liposuction in Toronto after my delivery. I have gained a lot of weight since my pregnancy. I would be undergoing the procedure after six months of delivery. Is that okay? Can I undergo a liposuction procedure after a c-section within a time gap of 6 months?
Sponsored Links

Emu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 3:44pm
Hi, I wouldn't think there would be any problems with it. However it is normal to put on more weight with twins and normal for it to take longer to lose that weight and for your skin to improve in appearance. Many Women who have twins (such as myself) end up with split abdominal muscles and skin that has stretched beyond repair. It is baggy even when you lose the weight and can look like crepe paper. Some younger Mums manage to bounce back. I'm in my late 20s and I think my tummy has improved alot better than Mums at least 10 years older. Even still, tummy tuck is something I really want and they do lipo anyway most of the time alongside.
I'm pretty sure that you have to be done having kids to have an abdominoplasty though and I am just not sure. That is why I thought liposuction may be good in the mean time to at least make my tummy a bit better. I had a C-section and I don't know if it would get in the way of lipo or not but the scar likes to stick in close to my body like a kink even if I do put weight on. I hate it. I so wanted a natural birth and would have been more motivated to get it if I knew what my tummy was going to look like. A tummy tuck would eliminate the c-section scar and surroundings altogether hopefully.
I'm waffling on sorry. Alot of Mums of twins will have been through this dilemma. Have you tried the NZ twin support page on FB? I know one that has good advise on natural births if you are interested but it is an international one.
House of smart boys. DPs amazing sons 2003 & 2005 and our three sons 2010 and identical twins 2012
Janice212327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice212327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 9:36pm
Have you completed your family? If so it would be better to get tummy tuck. Or else I think you can get liposuction. I'm not sure about it. Just confirm with your surgeon before making final decision.
nick266992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick266992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 1:25pm
yes, Definitely you can go with liposuction. I Know after pregnancy body gains too much weight. liposuction is the best surgery to remove excess fat from the body. I personally recommend it. In the USA I know the best surgeon Dr.Tamy M. Faierman She helps you to lose weight with all safety.liposuction

Edited by nick266992 - 19 April 2021 at 1:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply