FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedrecommendation for obstetrician in Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recommendation for obstetrician in Auckland
    Posted: 02 October 2016 at 3:27pm
Hi, my husband and I have just had the surprise of our lives to find out I am pregnant at age 42 - 5 weeks. I have a son from my previous marriage and my husband and I did discussing more children a couple of years ago, when the doctor told us my hormones showed ovarian failure. So we accepted that and didn't think too much more about it. But it seems that not all those tests are set in stone:) Anyway, I need to find a good obstetrician. I did go public with a midwife when I had my son 12 years ago, but at my age (and I have had some gyno issues) we've decided to pay for private. I have heard good things about Origins in Mt Eden. I am also looking at Shorebirth. Hubby thinks National Women's is a better hospital than North Shore. I had a truly awful experience at North Shore Hospital 12 years ago...but that was a while back. I would appreciate anyone who has had recent experiences.
Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 7:25pm
I went through ShoreBirth and really loved them. Vijay who is the man person there is absolutely lovely. Abir delivered my son via c-section (too big to get him out the normal way!), and did a great job.
Can't think any hospital is very fun lol. We transferred up to Warkworth Birthing Centre the day after my c-section which was the best decision ever.

Good luck!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
lizzieg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 7:41pm
Thanks so much. By awful experience at North Shore Hospital I should explain...I was under the care of my midwife who induced me with gel and then left to go home and get some sleep. My labour wasn't expected to start for a few hours. But it started within the half hour with bad back pain. I called for help from the hospital midwives but they told me to shut up and stop bothering them, because I clearly had constipation, not labour (I had had severe constipation because of bub's position, and it was in my notes). But they didn't examine me. Also as a first time mum no one expected a quick labour. I was left alone in the assessment area and within the next hour, by the time I was almost screaming the place down, they 'discovered' I was 10cm dilated. Too late for an epidural and my son was born the next hour - 3 hours all up. My waters never broke and my son was born in his amniotic sac - he flew out. Just before that they were trying to wheelchair me into the birthing suite, screaming at me "DON'T PUSH".   Thankfully my son was unscathed but it was traumatic and I think I am reliving it now that I am pregnant again (I really need to get over it).
wattsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wattsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 7:36pm
We went with AOC in 2012 and intend to use them again. Absolutely incredible, couldn't fault them. Best wishes :)
IsildursHeir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsildursHeir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 5:42pm
I would wholeheartedly recommend Pregnancy Partners http://www.pregnancypartners.co.nz/. Two great doctors, brilliant support staff, and we could not have asked for anything more - they were splendid for our first baby. You'd see other great stories about Neil Pattison and Denys Court here in these forums, that's where we found them from.
 Post Reply Post Reply