FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI need help with vegetarian pregnancy.........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gypsymama216774 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsymama216774 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help with vegetarian pregnancy.........
    Posted: 19 October 2016 at 4:58pm
Hello everyone!!

I'm in my first trimester , and dealing with bad morning sickness.
I am a vegetarian (also don't consume dairy)...
And I am usually a healthy eater with a variety of foods with vegetables, beans, legumes, fruits- the works!

Atm I am a bit concerned because my healthy eating is at a stand still.
The smell of (washed)vegetables; I find repulsing. (even broccoli my fave!)
I eat the odd orange or apple but you can only handle so much of the same thing
I'm too exhausted to get creative in the kitchen (and maybe hide some veges in a big stew) but even if I have the energy I cannot stay in there long enough to prep up the veges.

Atm I want chocolate chip biscuits, kit kats and cheese(although I'm lactose intolerant) wtf!!

Being determined to have a nutritious pregnancy and kick the bad habits, I tried to eat a beetroot/spinach wrap and couldn't keep it in

I'm also having thoughts of meat, my morals tell me no but my cravings scream yes!

Has anyone experienced something similar and have any advice?? It will be much appreciated
Thank you in advance!!   
Sponsored Links

SarahFrancis216739 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahFrancis216739 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2016 at 12:44am
Could you try a meat and lactose substitute maybe?

When I was pregnant, I usually listened to my cravings as I always think it's the baby telling me what he needed, but as I'm not a vegetarian, it'll have to be your decision whether or not to eat meat.

If you do decide to.. could you maybe look for something like the best treated meat that's available to you, and only have it in small quantities?

I hope this morning sickness passes for you soon so that you can get back to eating what you love again! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply