FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKindy vs Daycare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RebeccaMelli117358 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebeccaMelli117358 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kindy vs Daycare
    Posted: 09 July 2017 at 11:25am
Hi all, I enrolled my three year old son in Kindy as I like the idea of Kindy, the fee structure and the fact it is right next door to my older son's school (When the time comes Kindy pick up children after school visits and bring them back to Kindy so you don't have to come out of work). I study full time and am in the process of organising a home based carer to pick my son up at the end of session and have him till 5. My question is do other people find they have trouble getting Kindergarten teachers to comfort their crying child when they are trying to leave Kindy for work? With my older son at daycare I never had this problem, the teachers naturally came to comfort him. I am wondering if it is a Kindergarten teacher thing? As far as I know they all do the same training (I too am a student ECE teacher) so can't understand why they lack the love and care aspect? Everything else at Kindergarten is great but I am worried to say anything for fear of ruining our good relationship. I have however completed an anonymous survey for them this week where I explained my feelings. I could obviously put him in full time day care but don't really want to for the reasons explained at the start. Many thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply