FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRelationships question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicia219545 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relationships question
    Posted: 22 November 2017 at 10:13am
Hello everyone! To be honest I'm ashamed to talk about my problem. I think I'm going crazy. I think my DH is cheating on me. I have no evidences but I feel it. Sounds crazy right? I'll start from the beginning. I've been always type of girl who is jealous and controls second half. But everything was in framework of adequacy. So I'm not some mad woman! My DH and I are 32 yo. We've been together for almost 16 years! I think that's a lot. I love him sooo much and it's mutually. I won't say that our relationships were always perfect. But we really love each other. We support each other all the time and look for compromises. I should say that cheating for me is the worst thing ever. I told this to my DH when we started our relationships. I told him that if he finds another woman than he better tell me everything and leave instead of betraying me behind my back.

When we were 24 we decided we are ready to be parents. Unfortunately I had 3 miscarriages. It was awful to go through all that. But he always was by my side, supporting me. Despite my depressions and mood switches he was there for me. We are currently in our surrogacy journey. We addressed to a clinic abroad so our surrogate mother lives there. I think I would jealous so much if she was somewhere here near us.

The thing is he's acting weird. I feel that something is wrong during last 2 months. He works all the time. He is sad and irritated. I know he is working a lot so we'll be able to pay for the procedure. All this time I tried to calm myself and find reasons why he is like this. But things became worse on Friday. Someone called him and he went to another room and closed the door! He never did that before! He was talking so quietly I didn't catch a word. When I asked him what was that he said "That's work." What is that supposed to mean? What should I do now?

I'm sorry you have to read all this. I hope you'll help me. We'll have a baby in a few months. Everything can't end like this.
Sponsored Links

Dina221343 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dina221343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:42am
This is sad to hear about your miscarriages. I can't even imagine what you have to cope with. How is the situation with your husband going now? It sounds a little suspicious. But I think there is nothing to worry about now. It's probably just a work call, like he's said. Perhaps he has some difficulties at work and doesn't want to upset you. You've said you're always jealous and controlling. Plus there's no evidence of anything relating to him cheating. You seem to be convinced he's up to no good. Does he really deserve your suspicions? Perhaps he's getting sick of your paranoia and just wanted some privacy and quiet while taking a call. So calm down!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Dina221343 Dina221343 wrote:

This is sad to hear about your miscarriages. I can't even imagine what you have to cope with. How is the situation with your husband going now? It sounds a little suspicious. But I think there is nothing to worry about now. It's probably just a work call, like he's said. Perhaps he has some difficulties at work and doesn't want to upset you. You've said you're always jealous and controlling. Plus there's no evidence of anything relating to him cheating. You seem to be convinced he's up to no good. Does he really deserve your suspicions? Perhaps he's getting sick of your paranoia and just wanted some privacy and quiet while taking a call. So calm down!

Thank you so much for support! Sometimes I can be very paranoid. I decided not to talk about this situation with him to avoid quarrel. I just hope there is nothing to worry about. We'll have a baby soon so this is the only thing we should think about now. But I'm really glad I shared my feelings with you. I feel relieved now.
Dia218655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dia218655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:16pm
I'm sorry for your MCs! I'm sorry you had to go through such pain. I had cancer of a uterus. My DH supports me all the time. In our couple he is the one who jealous. But we have a deal to talk when we feel something is wrong. I think you need to sort out your jealousy and controlling issues. It’s not pleasant for either of you to live with. Maybe you just have to talk? Tell him about your feelings!

Whether he is cheating, it’s hard to separate out what could be you instinctive feeling that something is wrong and leaping to that conclusion on little evidence. You wouldn't be the first partner told that their reasonable suspicions were paranoia. But are they reasonable? I don't know. The problem with keeping your eyes open and waiting or doing some digging is that with existing insecurities about fidelity, is that you are already doing this all the time! And you will continue to have confirmation bias, only paying attention to things which confirm your suspicions. You can't prove he's not cheating. You don't trust him. I'm not sure what future there is in the relationship if you can't trust him. Is there something about this relationship that brings out your distrust or you felt this way in all your relationships? Do you think you have always been jealous and controlling? Or this is something your current partner told you are? What things do you do that you think are controlling? You should think about this and give yourself true answers.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Dia218655 Dia218655 wrote:

I'm sorry for your MCs! I'm sorry you had to go through such pain. I had cancer of a uterus. My DH supports me all the time. In our couple he is the one who jealous. But we have a deal to talk when we feel something is wrong. I think you need to sort out your jealousy and controlling issues. It’s not pleasant for either of you to live with. Maybe you just have to talk? Tell him about your feelings!

Whether he is cheating, it’s hard to separate out what could be you instinctive feeling that something is wrong and leaping to that conclusion on little evidence. You wouldn't be the first partner told that their reasonable suspicions were paranoia. But are they reasonable? I don't know. The problem with keeping your eyes open and waiting or doing some digging is that with existing insecurities about fidelity, is that you are already doing this all the time! And you will continue to have confirmation bias, only paying attention to things which confirm your suspicions. You can't prove he's not cheating. You don't trust him. I'm not sure what future there is in the relationship if you can't trust him. Is there something about this relationship that brings out your distrust or you felt this way in all your relationships? Do you think you have always been jealous and controlling? Or this is something your current partner told you are? What things do you do that you think are controlling? You should think about this and give yourself true answers.

I appreciate your response. I'm 100% agree with you. There is no point in relationships with no trust. To be honest I was jealous my whole life. Parents, friends, now my DH… I admit that all of them are suffering from my paranoia. My father cheated on my mom when I was 9. My mom forgave him and they are still together. But I would never forgive or forget such betrayal... I love my dad but the feeling that he had betrayed our family have never left me. My sister divorced a year ago. Her husband cheated on her and then he left to live with that woman. I know that you can't think that all men are same and all of them cheating. I know my husband. He has never given me reason to suspect him. But after all that "drama" in our family I can't let go of thoughts that he can be the next one who'll cheat. I try to do my best to calm down and to trust him. But after this "call from work" I feel like my heart is burning and tearing apart...
Dia218655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dia218655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:24pm
The situation with men in your family is really upsetting. Now I understand why you have trust issues. I’m sure this is hard for you to control yourself, but you should understand that your behavior may ruin your marriage. If you suspect your DH all the time he may not cope with it one day. I advise you to talk more and trust more. You’ll have a baby soon. You’ll have less time to be together, just 2 of you. It will be even harder for you to control him. You should start changing your behavior and mindset from now on! I remember when we were into our surrogacy journey. Though it wasn’t me who was carrying our baby, I felt nervous and irritable. My mood swings were driving both of us crazy! At one point I’ve noticed that my DH started to distance from me. I can’t blame him, I was unbearable. I knew I have to change for our family, our marriage and our child. That wasn’t easy but sometimes we have to change for the sake of people we love.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Dia218655 Dia218655 wrote:

The situation with men in your family is really upsetting. Now I understand why you have trust issues. I’m sure this is hard for you to control yourself, but you should understand that your behavior may ruin your marriage. If you suspect your DH all the time he may not cope with it one day. I advise you to talk more and trust more. You’ll have a baby soon. You’ll have less time to be together, just 2 of you. It will be even harder for you to control him. You should start changing your behavior and mindset from now on! I remember when we were into our surrogacy journey. Though it wasn’t me who was carrying our baby, I felt nervous and irritable. My mood swings were driving both of us crazy! At one point I’ve noticed that my DH started to distance from me. I can’t blame him, I was unbearable. I knew I have to change for our family, our marriage and our child. That wasn’t easy but sometimes we have to change for the sake of people we love.

Thank you so much for your answer. You are so right... I'm not the only one who underwent hard times. Even though we are pregnant he has to earn money and support me and do a lot more stuff. Now I feel so stupid. I shouldered too much on him and didn't even notice this. I should be very grateful he didn't leave such crazy person as I am) I will definitely listen to your advice. I will help both of us to relax and just to be in peace we deserve after everything we've gone through.
Kylie224513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kylie224513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 11:12pm
how is the situation now? you know rlationship is a complicated thing, if only you work on your reltionship and your partner is not honest with you then I don't think tht it's a right person to be together
 Post Reply Post Reply