FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedour first scan!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicia219545 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: our first scan!
    Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:10am
Hi everyone! How are you? We've just came back home from our trip abroad. As you might know my DH and I are currently in our surrogacy journey. Our surrogate mother lives in another country so it's not that easy to meet her whenever we want. But we have no complaints! I'm happy after all those years of infertility struggle we are finally on our way to become parents.

It was our first scan, 12th week. I couldn't hold back my tears then and I can't now! I want to know gender of my baby sooo bad! I can't wait for our second scan to know if it's a boy or a girl. My DH thinks it's a boy. I know he wants a boy because he has 4 younger sisters and he was always dreaming about a brother. But it didn't happen) I don't care will it be a girl or a boy. I want to know gender of my baby to start thinking about names, to prepare kid's room and to buy some stuff. I can’t believe this is happening! I can't believe we are finally here, on this stage and we are pregnant!!! I'm so sorry I'm being so emotional) I wish everyone all the best! I'll update when we'll have some news.
Sponsored Links

Olivia226494 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia226494 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:02am
My congratulations to you and your DH! Thanks for sharing your journey. You are inspiration for me not to lose hope and keep going. I hope to see more updates from you as I'm now looking where we can have our surrogacy. We've also decided to go abroad. How do you cope with the fact that your surrogate mother lives so far away? Even thinking about it makes me nervous. I don't mean to scare you, but how you can be sure she does everything needed for healthy pregnancy? When surrogate mother lives somewhere nearby you can control her and be beside your child. And when she lives abroad, you know nothing about her life and your baby! I know we have no other choice as surrogacy here is so expensive. But such thoughts make me terrified!
Alicia219545 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia219545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Olivia226494 Olivia226494 wrote:

My congratulations to you and your DH! Thanks for sharing your journey. You are inspiration for me not to lose hope and keep going. I hope to see more updates from you as I'm now looking where we can have our surrogacy. We've also decided to go abroad. How do you cope with the fact that your surrogate mother lives so far away? Even thinking about it makes me nervous. I don't mean to scare you, but how you can be sure she does everything needed for healthy pregnancy? When surrogate mother lives somewhere nearby you can control her and be beside your child. And when she lives abroad, you know nothing about her life and your baby! I know we have no other choice as surrogacy here is so expensive. But such thoughts make me terrified!

Thank you hun! This is really amazing! We are very excited! I'm counting days to our next scan. We've been waiting for this moment for 8 years! These were really long, painful and sad years of waiting for miracle to come into our life. And finally it's happening! Idk maybe this is too soon for me to be so happy and excited... This is only 15th week... But I can't hold back my emotions! After everything I've gone through... I believe we deserved to finally be happy. After long years of depression I feel happiness for the first time! I really want to enjoy this precious moment! Even though this is not me who carries our baby... Anyway I appreciate what we have now. I'm so grateful to our surrogate mother. This woman changed our life and she'll give us the best gift ever! I totally agree this is really hard to be so far away from our child. At first I was really nervous. I was thinking what can go wrong and we wouldn't even be able to help right away. Does she eat healthy? Does she have enough sleep? Does she treat our baby right? Does she talk to her belly and sing lullabies? I had(and still have) so many questions. I know it's not her baby and the most important is to carry our baby and give birth. But this is so important to treat a baby with love and care as soon as it starts growing inside. After our first scan I don't worry as much as I did before. We've finally met our sm and she's amazing! She's so kind and open-hearted person. Moreover our program coordinator sends some info about condition of sm and our baby each month. As long as they both are fine, there is not much I should worry about.
Gracy205071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracy205071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 6:14pm
Congrats Alicia, After a long time you are pregnant

Edited by Gracy205071 - 20 December 2017 at 6:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply