FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPot luck/shared lunch idea’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pot luck/shared lunch idea’s
    Posted: 08 March 2007 at 5:21pm
Am sick of just taking a pack of bikkies to shared lunches, coffee groups, playcentre etc.
Please share your ideas with me.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 6:45pm
  • Carrot and celery stick and other raw veges with dip
  • Fruit kebabs with marshmallows
  • Cheese and crackers

Theres a few for you.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:40pm
Sliced luncheon and grapes
Cold shredded chicken and mayonnaise sandwiches
Quiche (hot or cold)
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 8:15pm
Easy to make, these, and yummy.

roll kranskys up in squares of pastry that has a little tom relish and some grated cheese on them, roll up (like a sossie roll)egg wash and backe in oven until pastry golden. Yummo!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 9:37am
What about some banana bread or muffins?

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:30pm
Quiche was said - an idea for shared lunch is mini quiche - I make them in my muffin trays, buy ready made pastry and save even more time!!

Pinwheel scones

I find Little Treasures mag has fab recipes for kids/shared luches and realy easy too

Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 3:11pm
The in-laws came for lunch; and with the help of your ideas i whipped up a batch of scones, spread over relish a slice of tomato and cheese on top. YUM. Thanks ladies, made me look like such a good mummy. Keep the idea's coming.
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2007 at 8:59pm
I like some of the Little Treasures ideas too - I made fruit kebabs for the first time in ages after seeing them in there a while ago and being reminded.

I do muffins, cupcakes (and Maya puts the sprinkles on top), celery and carrot with hummus, nothing too original.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
John218233 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John218233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 3:20am
Hello, folks! I had such cool lunch book when I was a pupil, it was so bright with the league of justice on it, I love it then and still do, actually. If you need some interesting ideas for your one inspiring-ideas-for-your-school-lunch-box

Edited by John218233 - 06 December 2016 at 3:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply