Print Page | Close Window

chch

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Fun Stuff
Forum Name: Mums Meet Up!
Forum Description: Planning a get together with other OHbaby! mums (and dads!) in your area? Post it here!
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11485
Printed Date: 02 June 2024 at 10:52am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: chch
Posted By: ElfsMum
Subject: chch
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 5:02pm
Now I'm not working I wanted to see what happens in terms of meeting up.. I may end up working part-time but home at the moment.. I'm 30 and 22 weeks with number 1..seems most people have 1 at least already here..though i used to be a preschool teacher so kids don't bother me ;) Anyway I read bout last weeks one which is obviously been done:) any info appreciated thanks..

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Replies:
Posted By: cuppatea
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 5:09pm
Name a time and place and then we can all let you know whether we can make it
I'm 27 and have a 4 month old, I'm off work at the moment but will be starting back part time soon

-------------

Posted By: my2angels
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 5:26pm
Where was that place in Riccarton that was suggested last time? What area are you in Kawwww

Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 6:05pm
in papanui but i drive so anywhere is fine. did you figure out if you knew me my2angels?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Posted By: peanut butter
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 6:59pm
How bout Riccarton coffee culture? I am 35 and have a 7 week old (I was an August mum kawwww).

Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 7:16pm
That would be good with me

-------------

Posted By: Bubbaloo
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 8:38pm
Riccarton coffee culture sounds good to me any apart from Wednesdays and yay found my car keys a little so and so threw behind the TV.

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08

Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:19pm
nzpiper of course i remember you:)Is Thomas your only child? and all the other lovely mums with their beautiful babies...my turn in about 18 weeks:) ! Can't say I've ever been to Riccarton coffee culture but can't be that hard to find:) Let me know what day and stuff:) can leave cell number if it's easier to contact me?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Posted By: jack_&_charli
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:33pm
i'm keen but i think ricc coffee culture maybe a little small with prams......??

-------------
http://www.alternatickers.com">
http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by jack_&_charli jack_&_charli wrote:

i'm keen but i think ricc coffee culture maybe a little small with prams......??

True. It does have a play area but prams make life difficult dont they? any other suggestions?

Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:43am
theres always chipmunks or lollipops so the kids can play while the adults have a coffee. I know at chipmunks they ahve a small childrens area right next to the couches so you can still see the smaller bubs but then it costs to get in, not sure how much if you wont actually be playing ie, those pregnant or with newborns, I dont think it would cost anything. Otherwise there is always scrummy mummies or friends (havent been there)

Posted By: Rachael21
Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:07am
It was going to be coffee culture so nzpiper could come because everything else is a bit hard for her to get to. There is a kids area and we could book the table down the back so the prams aren't in the way. But anywhere is good for us.

Hi Kaww I'm 21 and have Jack who is 2 in jan and Caprece who is 4 months.

Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:07am
i think scrummy mummies not far from me..or is there more than one? though obviously i don't mind travelling..makes sense as i don;t actually have bubs yet:) which reminds me i must mention this on the feb thread..

you guys decide where is good with the prams and i will follow:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 6:42pm
I can do scrummy mummies. It is a bit of a bus ride but I dont have to change buses so that makes it easier. We are more mobile these days and I can walk a lot more so I could even break up my trip with a walk to keep the buggy moving.

Name a time and I will try to be there. Next Thurs is out for us as Tom is getting his jabs. oh and wed am I have coffee group

Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 6:45pm
Where is scrummy mummies? Where abouts do you live nzpiper, I might be able to pick you up. I can't make thursday morning as I have coffee group but any other time should be fine with us

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 7:20am
yeah i could pick anyone up who needs it too.. I can't do tuesday ...so it's monday or friday..which is best?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 10:04am
either works for me. but I guess we wouldnt be talking about this monday (tomorrow)

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 10:07am
Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

Where is scrummy mummies? Where abouts do you live nzpiper, I might be able to pick you up. I can't make thursday morning as I have coffee group but any other time should be fine with us

Scrummy mummies is in Papanui...the old rail station. Another thought is Friends in Cashel St? I havent been there so dont know what it is like...kinda curious though and I can get to that too.

But guys, dont plan around me. If I can make it I will but just choose something that works for most people. Its my own silly fault we dont have a 2nd car (well its not actually my own fault..I didnt crash it or anything..we just chose not to for now..but that will change soon YAY)...sorry a little off topic

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 11:02am
lol:) Well how's the Monday after this one then? oh wait that's Labour day:) maybe that friday? 19th ? I'm going to rope in Tiff from Feb boards as well...gotta make some ladies come who don't have any babies yet too:) ! I'm fine with either place...

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 11:42am
Tomorrow or Friday are both fine we me.
I don't mind where we go, although I will probably need to get directions off someone.

-------------

Posted By: MissCandice
Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 1:07pm
Im keen to come :) But i have to bus too..
cuppatea - il bring that container for you :)

-------------
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 1:32pm
yep that works for me. name your place! and yes, get some preggy ladies too. I met some of the mums when I was pregnant. it feels weird to be on the other side now.

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 1:37pm
Cheers Kandice, Will have to try not to leave it at the cafe. Damn baby brain

-------------

Posted By: Lissy
Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 4:10pm
So are we meeting when? Monday? Time and place? - Chipmunks is a good place to go for everyone? 

-------------
Harlan Drew DOB: 06.12.06 & Stepmum to Ethan & Christian, DOB: 25.02.99

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 4:52pm
Tomorrow or Friday are good for me next week I'm Busy getting James' party organised name a time and place and we shall be there.

-------------

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 5:19pm
friday is the best day it seems..is that ok? now where...options seem to be scrummy mummies, friends or chipmunks(which one) ...so which is best for everyone and if its the 2nd or third one I need directions....oh and what time is good for everyone?Kylah's Mum we were due a day apart last time so will be good to put a face to a name..though I have seen pics of you and your beautiful daughter!:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 5:25pm
Yeah, i will definatly be there.. i have a house inspection friday so im glad to get outta the house Looking forward to meeting those that i havent met

-------------

Posted By: Tiff
Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:06pm
As Kawwww said she's roped me in!! I'm Tiffany, I'm 27 and expecting my first baby in Feb. As i'm not working (and don't currently have a wee one) I'm very flexiable though apart from Wednesday and Friday this week I'm busy (not a usual thing for me) but the following week I'm free as - just let me know the time and place!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 8:54pm
How about Friends it's on Cashel street can't remember the number 200 and something I think should be pretty central between 11 and 1 is probably the best time for us.

-------------

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 7:28am
so thats friday? where do you park? tiff can you make it...please say yes?:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 7:29am
Friends works for me. I can easily walk from town as long as it is not torrential rain.

So is that next friday or this friday?

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:28am
ohh good question I'm not sure if tiff can make it this friday...hopefully she will answer soon...of we could just make it the 26th? what suits you guys better?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:27am
Either is fine with me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 10:25am
Yup this Friday is fine with me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 10:26am
Or the 26th

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 10:46am
ok so hows this friday at Friends(I've never even heard of it..I better try figure out where it is:) ) ...now what time is good?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:01am
Il be there. Its next to Quattro cafe.. they make amazing roast vege salad by the way lol.
Its on cashel stree, very close to barbadoes. If you are coming from papanui, come down bealey ave turn right onto barbadoes street goall the way to cashel and turn left. you will see quattro and friends.. subway is on the corner where you turn.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:04am
awesome thanks..i never go into town (did wayyyyy to much of that when i was younger:) ) so now I'm old and boring I don't know where anything is!:) I'm oaranoid bout salad as someone told me not to eat lettuce..lol... so many things not to eat:) ! What time is good for you guys with babies?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:16am
Anytime after 11 is good with me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 11:55am
so is 1130 ok? or is it better after lunch time rush for both babies and us?:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:05pm
I am happy with 11.30am Friday!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:05pm
Well i work at telstraclear just over the road and alot of people go down there for lunch.. maybe not so much at friends tho..

oh yeah forgot you preggers lol.. baby brain!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:06pm
11.30 good for me too.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:06pm
Oh, and someone better give them a call and make a booking so we have an area to go in, I will leave that up to you all - best to place the table name as OHBABY!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:07pm

So then Kandice I can finally meet you?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:22pm
Yup sure can

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 12:34pm
11.30 is fine for me too and to confirm we are talking this friday (19th) aren't we.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:06pm
yep..now who's going to book?:) so Kylahsmum it's an ok place to go even though they will be there for lunch ? there will be room? you forgot i was pregnant?:) yeah almost 23 weeks now.. with my little boy:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:20pm
i forget everything! yeah i was following your proress.. congrats on the wee boy! im hoping for a boy next
i havent actually seen inside friends.. ohhh cant wait to meet everyone!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 1:27pm
lol he will be called Ethan Daniel:) it's nice that you guys are following my progress..following your progress and the others in aug has helped me heal a bit ..initially i found it really hard but now I am just looking forward to meeting my boy :) I read that Charles doesn't want another one..but you are working on him?:) I always wanted a boy first so I'm very lucky..

Right so 1130 friends...which is like 200 and something Cashel Street on Friday.. so who is in.. so far

KylahsMum,me, Tiff , Lissy, Cuppatea, Nzpiper, Danni-Chick, RachandJack, My2Angels, jack&charli

and I can't see any further up on the page:) lol..pauses to open the page on another window... that everyone so far?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:47pm
yep I am in unless we have probs with the jabs on thurs or it is torrential rain.

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:49pm
ok:) now who wants to book? I'm useless at that sorta thing:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

yep I am in unless we have probs with the jabs on thurs or it is torrential rain.

Hey I am coming in to the city from Kaiapoi, so if you live in between my offer to give you a lift still stands. I have no idea where friends is as well so someone in the car who knows where were going would be good

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:15pm
yep ditto for me..i don't mind who i pick up or where i would rather not turn up by myself either:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:21pm
Ethan will be with you

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:26pm
lol:) true.. but someone who knows where to park and has been there or even is chicken like me and too scared to go by themselves would be great:) I'm trying to con tiff from feb boards into it...mind you she's never met me either:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:31pm
lol you should have seen me the other day when i had a meet here.. i was chicken as!! I can book if ya like..

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:34pm
I live in beckenham so it is usually the other side of town for most people. And the walk will do megood. I just got back from a 3 hour walk and I am sooooooo sore!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:34pm
Hey Kandice as you know the area, where is the best place for me to park. Would like to avoid having to bring pram is poss, but infant capsule gets heavy after a while.
kawww, perhaps we could park in the same place and go in together.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:35pm
Am i blind or is friends not in the phone book

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:37pm
There is crap all parking out the front.. like space for 3 cars maybe.. and because its cenral city parking is REALLY difficult.
If it was me.. id probaly park in subways carpark lol and just walk its around the corner..

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 4:52pm
maybe we should go somewhere with closer parking then? will be really obvious when like 10 cars borrow the carpark:) lol...

oh all the decisions.. but if we do go there Kylahsmum will be great if you can book.. and yep parking in the same place would be great cuppatea.:)

Kylah i thought you guys met all the time?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 5:33pm
Kawwww I've just posted on the Feb thread that I would be happy to go with you I live in Spreydon so I'm not sure where you live??
NZPiper AS you can see I live right near Beckenham so if you need a ride that wouldn't be a problem - just let me know.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:32pm
We could always go to scrummy mummies instead because that has plenty of parks but its up to you guys.

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:37pm
Where is scrummy mummies? I don't mind where we go, I'm easy ( that's how I ended with a baby lol )

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:40pm
Scrummy mummies is in papanui, near northlands mall, inthe old train station.

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:41pm
lol Ok if you go down main north rd towards town and go past northlands, past that set of traffic lights with baby factory on the corner and then turn right down the next little st. It has a winz down it and then when you get to the end of that little st its right in front of you.

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:55pm
Cool thanks, that would be fine with me, is a little closer as well

-------------

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:21pm
Ok so are we going to scrummy mummies instead it does have more parking and a good play area for the kids too.

-------------

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 9:36pm
i'll try and make it but i dont pick up the kids till 12.15 from preschool so i might txt someone and see if you are still all there

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 7:48am
Ok so how about we say Scrummy Mummies, Friday at 1pm

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 8:26am
fine by me

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 8:49am
right all good with me too...it's like 2 mins from my house:) do we need to book there?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 9:34am
Excellent sounds like a good plan to me!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 9:47am
Scrummy mummies is fine.. but its on the other side of town for me.. Um whats the street called that its on?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:20pm
restell street across from the liquor store... just down from northlands mall and the library..

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 4:49pm
What area are you in Kandice?

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 6:20pm
Im in linwood.. its ok the bus goes to northlands mall..

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 6:31pm

That sounds good - Friday at 1pm.  See you there.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Tiff Tiff wrote:

Kawwww I've just posted on the Feb thread that I would be happy to go with you I live in Spreydon so I'm not sure where you live??
NZPiper AS you can see I live right near Beckenham so if you need a ride that wouldn't be a problem - just let me know.

Thanks for the offer. I hate imposing on people, especially those I havent met so I will decline your very generous offer The bus goes right to northlands from here so its pretty easy.

Date Posted: 16 October 2007 at 11:06pm
i can't make it    i'm looking after my neice this week while my bro and sil are on honeymoon...so? i here you ask....my car doesn't cater for 3 children another reason DH won't let me get preggy again

-------------

Date Posted: 17 October 2007 at 7:36am
Originally posted by jack_&_charli jack_&_charli wrote:

i can't make it    i'm looking after my neice this week while my bro and sil are on honeymoon...so? i here you ask....my car doesn't cater for 3 children another reason DH won't let me get preggy again

Nows the time to get acquainted with our bus system

Date Posted: 17 October 2007 at 10:08am
no way!!   i've been on the bus with my 2 and a pram....i'm not going on with 3!   jack doesn't listen to well when he's out of the pram and shaquila is 2 so she's no better.....if only i had 4 arms

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:20am
:( jack & charli:(

right so everyone 1pm at scrummy mummies...restell street.. tomorrow.. :) do you think we need to book?

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:28am
I dunno sorry, never been there before so dunno whether is gets very busy or not.
Kawww if you wanna meet me in the car park, I drive a white RVR, and I am about 5'6" with blond hair, I will also have a 4 month old attached to me!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:31am
It wouldnt hurt to book...if only so that there is a table with "ohbaby" on it incase someone gets there first that doesnt know anyone

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:32am
i hope it doesnt rain!!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 9:46am
Kylah's mum are you still happy to book...cuppatea..thanks but tiff took pity on me and is picking me up:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 12:07pm
Yeah book and ask for the table right next to the inside play area. It can get quite busy and thats the table we had last time.

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 12:31pm
Just booked the table next to the inside play area for 1pm tomorrow :)

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 1:36pm
thankyou:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 1:47pm
oh there will be a sign with ohbaby on it..

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 3:45pm
oooooh i maybe able to come now!! DH has the mumps! so he can babysit charli as she isn't allowed near other children. i think i'll leave my neice with him too, the more time he has at home with 2 kids by himself the better i reckon!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 4:05pm
that would be awesome:) is mumps contagious...?like should i be careful cause I'm pregnant? sorry don't mean to sound.. rude or anything i just wondered:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 4:06pm
that sounded stupid:) i know its contagious..i just mean could you be a carrier and could i catch it from you? I think its like the one disease I haven't had as a kid:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 4:25pm
it's only contagious if you are swollen, which i am not and i've had a jab for it.   the GP has said i'm ok to be out and about.

and don't worry i wouldn't come if i thought there was a chance i would pass it on

you probably haven't had it because you got a jab for it when you were younger....that's why i haven't got it

-------------

Date Posted: 18 October 2007 at 4:57pm
but isn't that the same with chickenpox etc..you get jabs when you are younger and you still get it..just not as bad?:) lol sorry I didn't mean to say you would put people at risk..sometimes I type before I think:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:57pm
thanks to everyone who made it there:) was nice to meet up with you all...nzpiper I think I might have seen you walking down the street later on ..I didn't mean to be rude just didn't realise it was you till after I got in my car!:)

-------------
Mum to two amazing boys!

Date Posted: 19 October 2007 at 4:11pm
Hey was nice to meet you all.
10 guesses who didn't sleep on the ride home? He had a feed when we got home and went to bed 5 mins ago, was up for 4 hours

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2007 at 4:35pm
Bugger I did not come I forgot I had a funeral and DH called me at 12 to say he would pick me up in an hour - which was at 1, sorry, next time....

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net