FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWashing Disaster!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washing Disaster!
    Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:22pm
Arghh! I have just washed my DS's red dressing gown with his white vests/singlets - don't ask me why! Now he is going to look like a girl in pale pink clothes! Any ideas how to remove the pink hue from them? Was going to try oxyclean or something....

Sponsored Links

mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:34pm
My Google-fu is weak, but here's something that might help.

To be honest, I never thought of rescuing dyed things! Don't know why it never occurred to me. A red bathmat went in the washing machine, and I put a load of nappies in afterward (they weren't even in the same load), and the prefolds all came out pink!

Good luck; I hope you can fix it.
pudgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pudgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:41pm
Give them a soak overnight in nappisan
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:43pm
you can get a dye remover from the chemist, its with all the clothes dye.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 11:12pm
I think there is something at the supermarket that removes dye.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 7:36am
Yes, you can get something from the supermarket or pharmacy. It comes in a sachet and I think it's a Dylon brand (who make dyes). You can get one for colours and one for whites. Works like a dream, but smells like rotten eggs!

princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:18am
I've seen something on an infomercial that says it will fix dye disasters...if only I could remember what it was called ! Will have a think!
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:30am
If all else fails, buy one of those in-the-washing-machine dyes, and dye them navy blue or something. That should cover the pink.

Or... is this coming baby a girl?

Edited by Hopes

RedHeadDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHeadDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:40am
Touvit forte! Or however its spelt-it's always on good morning
millymollymandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millymollymandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:53am
I used to use something from the chemist called "Run-Away"
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 12:55pm
DF loves his red shirts and isnt the best at sorting things out when he 'helps' and does the washing so i have had this happen a few times.

I find Run-Away the best but I cant seem to find it anymore! You can get Dylon from the chemist but you need to follow the instructions perfectly and do it ASAP
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 2:01pm
I lie, 'Runaway' is the name of the product I found really good!

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 4:08pm
Dylon Color run is what i use. $5, cheap as.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
 Post Reply Post Reply