Top Tips For Fabulous Parties
Be the hostess with the mostess
Planning a big celebration for your little one's birthday this
year? Glenda Daken of party supply store Poppyseed has been helping
parents pull off parties fit for little princes and princesses for
five years now. Here are the top five tips she's learnt along the
- Choose your theme or colour scheme early to ensure you can
source what you want.
- Make sure you have your child's approval. There's no point
laying on a jungle party, if all they really dream about is space
- When you see things you like, buy them and store them in a
designated space in the cupboard. Keep everything from previous
parties - you never know when you'll be able to use them
- Set the table and hang the decorations the night before, fill
the goodie bags the day before and prepare as much food as you can
before the guests arrive, so when it's party time you can enjoy it
too without being stuck in the kitchen!
- As your child and their guests get a little older, you can
write on the invite "feel free to drop off" which will give parents
the option of leaving their child or staying if they choose.
Check out www.poppyseed.co.nz for some great inspiration
on party theme ideas, from dinosaurs to discos, pirates to
Published 13 July, 2012