Here's a neat idea for a 'baby shower' gift for the expectant
mother. Ellen Buith explains how to create a nappy cake.
- 1 pack of
- A big
- Small rubber
- Small gifts such as socks, rattle,
bottle, toys, spoons, singlets, gift vouchers, something for the
- Paper doilies
How to make it:
- Roll all nappies up individually and
secure them with a rubber band
- Put the first layer of about 12-15
nappies together, standing on a plate. Put some presents in the
middle; clothing is easy because it's flexible. Tie a ribbon around
them to hold them together.
- The second layer will need about 7-9
nappies, depending on what you put in it. The last layer has 3-5.
(You could put paper doilies between layers). Tie ribbons around
them and put the third layer on
- Use gifts to decorate your cake. Pop a
small teddy, monkey or other soft toy on top.
- Wrap in cellophane and decorate the
cake with lots of colourful
Your nappy cake will impress any
Please visit Ellen's website http://www.partyfix4kids.co.nz/home.wse
for some great children's party ideas.
Published: 12 October 2011