FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmale factor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiana250157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: male factor
    Posted: 03 January 2020 at 11:02am
While infertility is often thought of as female issue, about half of all infertility cases stem from male reproductive problems. Since sperm health is vital to conception, it is important to have your sperm evaluated if you are struggling with infertility. Fortunately, many causes of male infertility are treatable. Couples who have been diagnosed with severe male factor infertility or if the male is a carrier of genetic condition and does not plane to pursue preimplantation genetic testing, donor sperm is a treatment option. Donor sperm can be used for IUI or in vitro fertilization. However, difficulties may arise at this stage. Do you think it is easy for a man to agree to the use of donor sperm?
Sponsored Links

Amanda250156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 12:51pm
It seems to me that everything will depend on how much he wants to have children. Some infertile men understand that the only chance to save a family is donor sperm. But there are men for whom this is unacceptable. They prefer to live alone or find a partner with a similar point of view. Of course, spouses need to discuss this issue before using donor sperm. You must understand that sometimes men are not so worried about infertility. Therefore, it is easier for them to refuse treatment and live a familiar life.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 1:37pm
Hi Amanda, unfortunately I can’t agree with you. It seems to me that sometimes men worry about this diagnosis even more than women. Most of them are less emotional, so it seems to us that they easily accept this fact. But in reality, everything is completely different. In addition, in my opinion, it is much harder for a man to resort to the services of a donor than for women. Sometimes they think that this process may be accompanied by risks. Do you think this is a correct assumption?
luha226083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 1:51pm
Hi girls! It is possible to conceive with a known donor or friend, either with the assistance of a clinic or informally at home. But for some, who wish to avoid treatment fees but do not know a willing donor volunteer amongst their peers, finding a donor online is an attractive alternative. Whilst a convenient option for many women, the risks of using an unlicensed sperm donor are significant. Primarily, there is no guarantee of the medical safety of conceiving with unscreened sperm. Recipients are open to the risk of sexually transmitted infections as well as hereditary disorders, which may pass to the child. There is a large degree of uncertainty as to how many half-siblings the resulting child will have. This significantly increases the chance of two half-siblings unknowingly meeting in the future and striking up a relationship. Crucially, the legal status of unlicensed donors is murky. They may be treated as the child’s legal father, with the rights and responsibilities that brings. Whether or not this is the case, if the donor and recipient know each other’s identity there is a risk that the donor will seek involvement with the child in due course, potentially leading to a court application to secure a more formal role in the child’s upbringing, if a dispute arises. The safest route, to avoid these pitfalls, is to conceive with a sperm bank donor via a licensed clinic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 2:19pm
Whatever the reasons to consider a known donor, it’s important to understand the legal and emotional consequences. It’s an area where the laws vary by state and, for the most part, often are unclear. You could end up with a very happy ending, or it could open you up to a host of issues and arguments. The donor could decide to seek partial custody of the child, or the recipient could decide to sue for child support. But in general, I think that a well-known donor in this case is the worst option. And I can’t understand why people are looking for donors on the Internet. It's not safe, right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 2:49pm
Of course! I totally agree with you! Searching for a donor on the Internet is very unsafe! It is possible to impregnate yourself without using a clinic. If you do this and you don’t get the sperm tested obviously there’s a serious risk of diseases being passed onto your child, which is why i don’t recommend it. There may also be issues around who is recognised as the legal father. Better to pay more money and turn to professionals! Otherwise, such savings can lead to negative consequences.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 3:08pm
Yes girls, you're right! Of course, it is better to go to a specialized clinic. We did not plan to search for a donor on the Internet. I, as well as you, consider this option unacceptable and unsafe. However, we also would not want any of our acquaintances to become a donor. This option is also not suitable for us. But how to help a man put up with this fact? How to prepare him for this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 3:45pm
Learning that a fertility issue is present is one thing. But learning that the issue cannot be addressed through treatment and that donor sperm is needed is an entirely different matter. You can struggle with this decision. Partly because it simply wasn’t how you pictured growing your family. And partly because using donated sperm can seem controversial even though the process has been used for decades. There are questions infertile couples should discuss prior to selecting a sperm donor. Coming to terms with this family-building route may not be as easy for some as it is for others, and working through your questions, concerns and reservations before starting treatment is important.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 4:02pm
These can be difficult discussions to work through, especially if you are struggling to accept that sperm donation is the necessary route to parenthood. But in the end, this issue can be resolved. The main thing is to support and listen to each other's opinions. This is really very important. You should also find out if a man wants to have a child in this way. No need to impose his opinion on him. He must express a desire to have a child through a donor!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 5:26pm
You can contact a psychologist. A mental health professional will help your husband deal with this situation. It really helps a lot of couples. But if your husband really is not against donor sperm, then you will immediately feel it. After all, he will be sincere with you. But this is not the only problem that may arise. It is also important to know how to choose the right sperm donor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 5:42pm
Girls, thank you for sharing your opinion! I also think that it is necessary to support each other in this situation. We are going to turn to Biotexcom. This clinic is located in Ukraine, in Kiev. They have a large donor base, so I think this option is the most suitable. In addition, due to the fact that we were able to contact them via Skype, we found all the information we need. But I will be glad to hear your advice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luha226083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 5:52pm
A good choice! Yes, using a sperm bank is the best choice if you do not want the sperm donor to have any involvement with your child’s life. In most country, an anonymous sperm donor does not have any parental rights over children conceived from his donation. Sperm donors are screened for acquired and some hereditary diseases. You should also ask if the sperm bank limits the number of donations a donor can make. This would potentially limit the number of siblings who could unknowingly be related to each other in a geographic region. If you think you may want to have more than one child from the same donor, find out if other vials of sperm are available from this donor. Some people purchase more vials than they need for the initial attempts at IUI or IVF and pay to store them at the sperm bank for future use.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda250156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 6:02pm
Choosing a sperm donor is a critically important decision, one that’s not to be taken lightly. This choice will affect the rest of your life, your family, and your happiness. Choosing a sperm donor can be such a mixed bag of emotions. It’s a big decision and a decision that may seem to rival “picking” your partner, but trust me when I say it’s definitely not as stressful as it may seem once you get down to the basics. Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to go about choosing a sperm donor. Every person and couple has different reasons for selecting this and priorities in mind when thinking about that. So what worked for someone, may not work for you- and that’s okay! After all, this is your family so you need to make decisions that suite you guys best!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiana250157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 6:08pm
Yes girls, thank you for responding to my post. Indeed, this is an extremely important decision for our family. In this case, it is important to consider all aspects, from legal to moral. It is very difficult for many people to make such a decision. And I understand why it's hard for them to do this. This is a great responsibility and a serious decision. First you need to carefully think about this topic and only then move on to action.
 Post Reply Post Reply