Five great Sun Smart tips from Banana Boat
1. THINK BEYOND SUNSCREEN: Remember that sunscreen is only one part of protecting your family this summer! Wear a hat, sunglasses, cover up and seek shade. Avoid the sun in the hottest part of the day.
2. 20 BEFORE, 2 AFTER: Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you go outside and reapply at least every 2 hours or more often if you are swimming, towelling off or exercising.
3. TEASPOON RULE: You need 7 teaspoons per application (1 for each limb, 1 for the front, 1 for the back, 1 for face / neck / ears).
4. TO EXPIRE CAN BE DIRE: Always check the expiry date of your sunscreen before you use it – sunscreen can perish.
5. KEEP IT COOL: Store your sunscreen in an environment cooler than 25 degrees – sunscreen can be less effective if stored in a temperature hotter than 25 degrees.
Meet Colin Splodge & Sizzledodge!
Want some quality time with your little one and also educate them on being Sun Smart?
Jump online and meet Colin Splodge and Sizzledodge in their fun interactive book at: www.bananaboat.co.nz/sizzledodge