The little vacuum that could!
I have three children and a dog, our carpet and floors are pretty much in a constant state of needing dog hair, kids toys, pieces of random “insert most any item possible” vacuumed from them. Being a working mother however, finding the time daily to vacuum, make dinner, do the homework, feed the family, do dishes etc meant that doing the vacuuming was relegated to a once a week big job and only in emergencies during the week job. Problem is with a golden retriever shedding for summer, this was becoming an ‘emergency’ every second day! So imagine what a relief it has been to me and a sanity saver it has been to have the Roomba 980 wheel into my life and take over a chore that drives me crazy! I’m in love!
The Roomba 980 cleans the floors of whatever room you’ll allow it to go into. If you want just one room done, then you can set the sensor pods near any doors you don’t want it to go through or simply close the doors and it will navigate around the room, being sure not to miss a spot (well most spots!).
The amount of dog hair the Roomba picks up has been amazing and my floors have never been cleaner. For a mama with a baby, this little wonder is awesome as you can have peace of mind knowing that your floors are always vacuumed as well – keeping them protected (as much as possible) from dust mites, and general rubbish that can somehow end up on the ground.
This is a smart little unit, with a built in camera to sense it’s location and slow down it’s pace near walls so it’s not going full speed ahead into your walls and damaging them, it turns around in the nick of time, plus you can download the app and get notifications while you’re out and about. We’ve set ours to start up at 9am each morning and it’s just awesome. Once it’s full it just drives itself back to its little charging unit and waits to be emptied to start again where it left off.
A few ‘downsides’ it’s a small unit and we have a big floor space to cover and lots of dog hair, so we have to empty it a lot, if you’re going out and leave it you may come home to only a small amount of the floors vacuumed if it gets full quickly, so don’t set it going expecting it to be perfect when you get home. Sometimes it couldn’t pick up the dog hair…but if you don’t have a pet then there’s no problem – it does a great job most of the time.
Overall though, I really love using it and would buy one for the home as it saved time and kept the floor regularly vacuumed which is what our busy, pet loving household needs.
Here’s it’s list of features also from their website:
The new Roomba 980 gives you cleaner floors, throughout your entire home, all at the push of a button. Roomba 980 seamlessly navigates an entire level of your home, keeping track of its location and recharging as needed until the job is done. The AeroForce® Cleaning System with Carpet Boost automatically increases power on carpets where it's needed most. And with the iRobot HOME App, you can clean and schedule on the go.
- Cleans an entire level of your home: iAdapt® 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization helps Roomba 980 seamlessly and efficiently navigate an entire level of your home and keep track of its location.
- Automatically recharges and resumes until the job is done: Roomba 980 runs continuously for up to two hours*, then automatically recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the entire job.
- Navigates multiple rooms: With iAdapt 2.0 Responsive Navigation, Roomba 980 uses a high-efficiency cleaning pattern and full suite of sensors to adapt to real-world clutter and furniture.
- Cleans under sofas and chairs: Low-profile design allows Roomba to clean under most furniture and kickboards, so dirt has no place to hide.
- Won't fall down stairs: Cliff-detection sensors allow Roomba to avoid stairs and other dangerous drop-offs.
- Connect to clean from anywhere: The iRobot HOME App lets you clean and schedule conveniently – anytime, anywhere. It also lets you choose custom cleaning preferences and see the status of cleaning jobs.
- Cleans all floors types: Roomba automatically adjusts to clean carpets, tile, hardwood and laminate floors as it moves through your home.
- Automatically docks and recharges: Roomba automatically returns to its Home Base® docking station between cleanings to recharge.
- Cleans on a schedule: Roomba can be preset to vacuum up to seven times per week.
- Handles hair with ease: Brushless extractors prevent the tangles and jams of hair and other debris, making it even easier for Roomba to tackle daily dirt build-up.
- Automatically increases power on carpets where it's needed most: The AeroForce® Cleaning System with Carpet Boost provides up to 10x the air power** by automatically increasing performance on carpet and rugs, where dust and dirt hide.
- Sweeps wall edges and corners: Spinning side brush pushes debris into the path of the 3-stage cleaning system.
- AeroForce® High-Efficiency Filter: Captures 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.