Swaddling with super fine merino
6 reasons to make the switch
I can say with some certainty, that all parents of newborns are thinking about sleep, sleep and even more sleep. Babies need lots of shuteye and after nine months of being lulled off to sleep in the womb it can be a tricky thing for them to get used to doing it alone. Helping a baby to settle and sleep securely on their own is not only important for their own development but is just as important for us parents to get some much needed rest and piece of mind.
Luckily, for parents everywhere, the swaddling technique has been around for centuries and just keeps getting better and better as new products are created to suit the very unique needs of a newborn.
Designs that allow for more movement without sacrificing on security, materials that are harmonious with babies needs, and added extras with transport in mind are among the design concepts that Kiwi company Merino Kids keeps in mind when creating new products.
Without a doubt, merino is the best and most trusted material for creating the perfect sleep environment for young children. Superfine merino goes one step further in ensuring that even the smallest babies are able to sleep securely and safely while swaddled.
Superfine merino allows babies skin to breathe and controls moisture, meaning babies are kept cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold.
The Merino Kids Cocooi Babywrap is the perfectly designed swaddle for newborns and here’s why!
- It’s flexible & stretchy – this allows for security but also ensures freedom of movement which is important for brain development.
- It’s made of 100% Superfine merino – a much loved and trusted material, even better than normal merino and cotton or blends at regulating babies temperature and reducing skin irritations like eczema!
- It’s paediatrician endorsed – for healthy hip development
- There’s a seatbelt vent – this is perfect for bringing baby home from the hospital in and transferring sleeping baby from bed to car seat without waking
- Promotes weight gain – babies who sleep in merino gain up to 10g more per day making it the perfect choice for low birth weight or prem babies
- Encourages self settling – as babies feel safe, secure andacts as a great sleep association tool
So why not get in touch with Merino Kids today and wrap your baby up in New Zealand’s most trusted material, Superfine Merino.