SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Bebabo

Liza Shieff, Managing Director of bebabo

OHbaby!: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Liza: A teacher.

OHbaby!: Do you ever feel "mummy guilt" about spending time working instead of with your children?
Liza: All the time! When I feel very guilty, I take a Haba game home and we play together. After just 20 minutes, I feel better and lose all the guilt.

OHbaby!: How do you get "me-time"? 
Liza: Me-time is very important for me so on two or three occasions each week I head off to the gym or visit my favourite dress or shoe shops in Newmarket.

OHbaby!: What is the smartest thing you have done with your business? 
Liza: Starting our website.

OHbaby!: What's the biggest mistake you've made and how was it resolved? 
Liza: Too much time working without help.

OHbaby!: What is your favourite thing about the business now? 
Liza: Greeting regular and new customers to the shop and discussing our toy range with them.

OHbaby!: What is the best advice you were ever given as a mother? 
Liza: Endeavour to keep a balance in life between business affairs and the family.

OHbaby!: What is the best advice you were ever given as a businesswoman? 
Liza: Probably to hang in there when times are tough with retailing, and continually strive to develop new and innovative marketing strategies.

OHbaby!: What are your best tips for getting out of the house on time? 
Liza: Effective time and efficient routines. Time management is critical.

OHbaby!: Who is your superhero? 
Liza: My mother. She is an amazing woman who raised my sister and me at a very difficult time - during Communism (in Russia). She is also an inventor and I am proud to have such an intelligent mum.

As seen in OHbaby! magazine Issue 12: 2011

Subscribe to OHbaby! magazine
Purchase Issue 12

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.