SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Elizaveta Shieff - bebabo

OHbaby! chats with bebabo founding director, Elizaveta Shieff, about taking care of business and the kids.

Originally from Irkutsk, Siberia, Elizaveta has two children, aged 10 and 18 years old. She set up bebabo after struggling to find good quality toys which were simple and had educational value, in New Zealand. Her second child was just 3 months old when the business idea for bebabo came to mind.

OB As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

ES A pre-school teacher.

OB Do you ever feel "mummy guilt" about spending time working instead of with your children? If so, how do you deal with it?

ES I feel guilty in December, as it gets very busy and I spend lots of time in the store. However, in January I try to spend lots of time with my kids taking them mountain biking.

OB What do you do to get "me-time"?

ES I love taking our dogs for a long walk in the park.

OB What is the smartest thing you have done with your business?

ES To build strong relationships with our suppliers.

OB What is your favourite thing about the business now? What do you most enjoy?

ES I enjoy serving our customers in the store. It is so energising to see kids, especially babies! Once we had a customer with a baby just 2 days old and it was very cute!

OB What is the most surprising thing you’ve found in running your own business?

ES It takes lots of time to run the business. You need to be a professional in different fields, however, it is important to get help from outsiders when you feel you need it.

OB What is your philosophy to child-rearing?

ES I prefer to have simple toys without sounds and silly noises, more traditional and old fashioned wooden toys. I like kids to explore and work out things around them. 

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.