SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Erica Minter, Verve Women's Wellness

Verve Women’s Wellness director Erica Minter lives in Tauranga. The mum of two children, now aged 19 and 22, set up her business in July 2012.
OB Why did you set up the business?
EM I embarked on the Women’s Wellness business in 2016, addressing the need for exercise solutions for women through all life stages – primarily post-natal, and peri- and post-menopausal.
OB As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
EM A vet.
OB Do you ever feel "mummy guilt" about spending time working instead of with your children? If so, how do you deal with it?  
EM Yes. Still do. Try to find balance. Try to find time away with them away from phones, computers, and home office.
OB What do you do to get "me-time"?
EM Turn my phone off or leave it behind while I get some exercise - is really good for clearing the head and reducing stress.
OB What is the smartest thing you have done with your business?
EM IT these days makes business so much easier – a lot of processes can be automated and almost everything can be done remotely.
OB What is your favourite thing about the business now? What do you most enjoy?
EM I love networking with women in similar businesses – there is so much passion amongst providers of women’s wellness solutions because we’ve all been through life and perhaps missed being provided with solutions ourselves when in need.
OB What is the most surprising thing you’ve found in running your own business?
EM The support from other women in business. I thought there would be an element of competition, but on the contrary the mutual support is incredible.
OB What is your philosophy on child-rearing?
EM  I think time spent with your children (being present), and leading by example, are two of the most valuable things you can give them. I don’t think any parent gets it 100% right all of the time – so don’t beat yourself up about it, and ask for help when you need it.

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.