SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

OHbaby - Angela Pedersen

Angela Pedersen, managing director of OHbaby! magazine

OHbaby! What did you want to be when you grew up?
Angela: A lawyer or a doctor. My mother thought I would be a good lawyer because I was good at arguing.

OHbaby!:
Do you ever feel "mummy guilt" about working instead of being with your children?
Angela: I used to feel guilt until a friend told me I was a great role model - a dedicated mum, while achieving my dreams. I still have ups and downs. If I have a bad day at work I want to throw in the towel and be a stay-at-home mum. Then other days if the kids have me tearing my hair out I can't wait to go to work (as much as I adore them!).

OHbaby!: How do you get "me-time"?
Angela: My "me-time" comes in snippets, whenever I can, to weekends away. Most nights I zone out in front of the TV. My definition of me-time is time that is good for my soul - this may mean just time alone or with others.

OHbaby!:
What is the smartest thing you have done with your business?
Angela: Employed great staff. We have a wonderful team of positive people who enjoy what they do and are encouraged to give their ideas and not settle for the status quo. We aim to be the best, provide quality and continually innovate.

OHbaby!:
What is your favourite thing about the business now?
Angela: I love getting emails from parents thanking us for articles we've done, hearing from mothers who started with OHbaby! years ago and raised all their kids using OHbaby! as their reference. The thing I enjoy most is the creativity, to think of new ideas and make them happen.

OHbaby!:
What is the best advice you were ever given as a mother?Issue13MumsBusiness2
Angela: Know who your children's friends are - they have a big influence on their lives. Also, you can't give too much love, dedicate one-on-one time with each of your children as your relationship with them is so important. 

OHbaby!:
What is the best advice you were ever given as a businesswoman?
Angela: Surround yourself with intelligent people, it might rub off!

OHbaby!:
What are your best tips for getting out of the house on time?
Angela: Plan ahead and don't fluff around.

OHbaby!:
Who is your superhero?
Angela: My husband Royce. Royce is calm, empathetic, kind and loving. He provides sound, level advice and can always see the other side.

As seen in OHbaby! magazine Issue 13: 2011
Issue13Cover_200
Subscribe to OHbaby! magazine
Purchase Issue 13

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.