SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Stuck On You

Carrie Felton,  CEO of Stuck On You

OHbaby!: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?Issue12MIB6.jpg
Carrie: I've been an entrepreneur from an early age. Remembering cleaning out my mother's attic and selling off some of her prized possessions as a young child brings a smile to my face...

OHbaby!: Do you ever feel "mummy guilt" about spending time working instead of with your children?  
Carrie: The benefit of running your own business is that, to some degree, you can work around your family priorities. When I started this business I worked from home and, like most mums, became a multi-tasking pro! I'm sure every mum feels guilt at some time or another; we all work so hard. We just need to keep focused on the bigger picture and make sure the people we love get the attention they deserve.

OHbaby!: What do you do to get "me-time"?  
Carrie: You have to prioritise. I love to entertain and I love cooking for people, so that's how I relax - family, friends and food... And perhaps a little bubbly!

OHbaby!: What is the smartest thing you have done with your business?
Carrie: Be creative and original. There are so many companies that follow the leader. Stuck On You is a recognised brand around the world because we don't follow the leader, and we have an amazing team of talented staff.

OHbaby!: What is your favourite thing about the business now?  
Carrie: I love creating new products - we have a talented team and I love creating new collections. As a mum or in business you are always faced with new challenge. I love it - you just need to believe in yourself and go for it!

OHbaby!: What is the best advice you were ever given as a mother?  
Carrie: Continue to balance life yet still work hard while my children were young.

OHbaby!: What is the best advice you were ever given as a businesswoman?  
Carrie: Continue to learn, and surround yourself with great people.

OHbaby!: What are your best tips for getting out of the house on time?   
Carrie: Being organised is a speciality of mine, but it's a feat we can all find challenging. Plan, prepare, organise,  and enjoy!

OHbaby!: Who is your superhero?  
Carrie: My husband, Jon.

As seen in OHbaby! magazine Issue 12: 2011

Subscribe to OHbaby! magazine
Purchase Issue 12

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.