SIGN UP!LOG IN OR JOIN TODAY TO RECEIVE PERSONALISED INFORMATION AND OUR FREE NEWSLETTER

Facebook plans software to help protect images of kids.

Facebook is planning to help parents keep photos of their kids private, and help protect against accidentally posting overly intimate photos. At a November event in London, Facebook's vice president of engineering, Jay Parikh spoke about the platform’s image recognition software. According to Business Insider, by using artificial intelligence, the software will be able to give users a heads-up before they shared certain photos publicly, Parikh said.

The technology will allow Facebook to warn parents before they post photos of their children.

"If I were to upload a photo of my kids playing at the park and I accidentally had it shared with the public, this system could say, hey wait a minute, this photo is of your kids,” Parikh said.

"Normally you post this to just your family members. Are you sure you want to do this?"

Parikh said that the features were still in demo mode, and that Facebook is unsure when users will have access to them. 

Community
GALLERIES

Copyright © 2018 www.ohbaby.co.nz. All Rights reserved.