FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 799800801802>
Author
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 11:47am
Thanks ladies for your encouragement

Poor Rex is still getting high temps, yesterdays temp was as high as 39.6 But we managed to get it down quickly. I'm not rushing him to the docs yet, as I know other people who have had similar 'colds' and its just viral. I've also got it, but didn't think as bad as Rex has got it, until last night Now Jb has a runny nose and a nasty cough...looks like its spreading Oh well, guess you get that with winter, but spring is only a few days away!!!

Oh MM, it must be so hard Hope Daniel has some settled nights for you.

Monster, hope you are feeling better soon.

BabyG, wow, you sound busy!!! Hope things settle down for you soon too.

Right, off to watch another movie with the boys. I'm hoping they will both have a sleep this afternoon...fingers crossed.

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Sponsored Links

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 2:08pm
Nik, Luke is sick now too - he has high temps, vomited yesterday and is generally lethargic and unhappy. When the pamol kicks in he does improve and can play for a while, but he is off his food and telling Amy to go and play by herself quite a bit

Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 2:19pm
Will do a longer post later but just wanted to pop in and say we're moving to Auckland! DP got made redundant last week and just got a new job today! It pays a little more than what he's on now. We've got 3 weeks to pack up and find a house and everything. Eeek!
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 6:41pm
Wow Deb that is huge! So sorry about the redundancy but so awesome that he has another job so quick. Do you know whereabouts in Auckland you need to be moving to?

We shall have to have a meet up when you get settled so we can meet you all

ETA sorry to hear some of our little ones are sick. We have just come through a patch too. <sigh> winter

Edited by sunnyhoney
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:33pm
Thanks SH, i'd love to. The job is in Takanini, so somewhere close to there if possible. Any advice on which areas/streets to avoid??
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:37pm
I'm not really familiar with that area (we're more central west). Good luck with the move I'm really looking forward to having another of our OB mums up here...Why don't you Welly/NP girls move up too lol.
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 1:42pm
Thanks. Yeah i'm looking forward to getting up there and being able to meet some other mums. I've been wanting to meet you all. I'm kicking myself now that i didn't end up meeting the Welly and NP ladies while we were living down here! Oh well if any of you ladies are ever up in Auckland we'll have to arrange a meet up.
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 2:20pm
Wow Deb, that sounds full on!! Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes well
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:23pm
Well done to your DP Deb! I hope you are feeling ok about the move - it's not that long since you moved to Fldg. Eeeek lots to get done in 3 weeks!

Nikki I think A has had the same thing as Rex - it has dragged on a bit for her - I thought she was over it, but then she had another couple of days of high temps.

I suppose it's related to her being sick, but A's run of good behaviour has gone out the window. At least N is a delight
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 8:04pm
Sounds great Deb - can't wait to try and come to a meet up to meet your and your two gorgeous monkeys.

Luke is still sick, my mum thinks I need to take him to the doctor, she thinks I have been saying for a little while that Luke is really tired - but reading that others have the same thing (other than some lingering tiredness before) has made me think I will wait a few more days and see how he goes. He has been on and off today, but has had a low grade fever most of the day. Pamol makes him feel better still, but doesn;t seem to kick the temp.

Amy is fine!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 2:08pm
I took the boys to the doctors this morning. What they have is viral (high temps, chesty unproductive cough), nothing doc can do for them. We were kept awake all night with one or the other coughing and now DH has it Oh...and apparently, with this type of viral infection, the cough lasts for about 2 weeks - great!

But hey, looking on the bright side, at least I'm complaining about 'normal' illnesses
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 7:33pm
I've taken A to the dr twice in the past couple of weeks. With the temps going on I just wanted to make sure she didn't have an infection. The second time I took her on the way home from dc without having an appt - the nurse took her temp, and took it seriously when she saw it was 39.7. We were in to see a dr straight away even though there was a full waiting room!

She seems ok again now. And like Amy, N is just fine!! I'm pleased your boys are making it through without infections Nikki.

We went to the zoo this afternoon, and it was the first time that N really got into it - she has a fear of small furry animals (freaks out at cats and rabbits especially) but seemed very taken with the growling tiger and loved all the monkeys. She wasn't so sure of the (small) iguana...
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:40pm
Deb, yay for moving to Aucks, be nice to meet you! I also don't know much about out South sorry.

Gosh all these sick children, damn you winter and your bugs! Both of mine have runny noses too but not much else really although L is very grumpy lately, but I think she's is just exhausted TBH.

We are all good here, L started back at dancing today after a couple of months off. She kind of lost interest so I didn't push it, but last week came home from kindy asking me why I didn't let her dance anymore ...she was the one that quit, not me! So anyway, she's back into it and loves it again already!

C has been great, cruisy wee thing is such a happy baby. Shes waking once, sometimes twice a night for feeding, but happily self-settles afterwards back to sleep. So I am only up for around 30 mins and then back to bed so I am feeling relatively sane (so far!)!

We are heading away to the snow in a week or so for 5 days. Will be nice to spend some time with DH as he doesn't see much of C apart from the weekends. There is a group of us going down to Ohakune, L is going to have ball with her cousins!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 1:38pm
Thanks Bel and peachy. Will be nice to meet you all.

Bit stressed out at the mo. Me and the kids are sick which is making is hard to get stuff done. Kaelen's been such a monster. Driving me mad! He will not stop annoying Isabella. We still haven't found a house yet. There is one we're really interested in through Ray White but they don't rent houses out unless you've actually gone and looked through it, which we can't do! So i've asked my sister who lives in Auckland if she could do it for us. Just waiting to hear back from her.

Well Isabella has been SO clingy lately and keeps waking up all the time for weeks. She can get out of her cot now, so she'd just come into our bed when she woke up and then kick and hit all night and pull the blankets down constantly. So she's not much fun to sleep with! LOL. Thankfully she's slept through the last two nights. So hopefully it's the end of that. Need to get her a bed but i thought it would be easier to wait till the move is over.

Well i'm very proud of Kaelen. He's now toilet trained during the day. It was getting really frustrating that he wouldn't do it before since i knew he was perfectly capable. So the other day we got him to put undies on and kept getting him to go to the toilet. He's finally got it now after fighting it for so long! He happily goes off to the toilet without even being asked now. He hasn't had any accidents over the last 4 days. I'll start working on the night training once we've moved and settled in.

So tired. I really should be packing and cleaning but i just don't have the energy.

I'm really sad about Kaelen having to leave his kindy. He loves it there and was always so excited to go.

I hope all the sick mummies and kids are feeling better soon.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 5:26pm
Deb, it'll be great to have you in Akld. Looking forward to meeting you and your kidlets!

NikkiB & Bel, how are your boys doing? Hope they're starting to feel better.

Manz & DJ, how are your jobs going?

Peachy, so pleased you've got a cruisy, happy girl.

MF, how are you doing? how was Sydney?

I'm having a mare again with Anahera. She's waking at least 6 times a night at present and I just don't know what to do about it. I've posted a Q in the forum about it, hoping someone has suggestions. I think it started because her reflux flared up, as she'd outgrown her Losec dose. Now it's become a bad habit. She's swaddled and has a dummy and so can't self-settle. Need to get rid of the props but don't know how. It's also tricky as her room is next to Eva's so I leap up to her the instance she wakes, so as not to wake E. As it is, the 3 of us are usually up by 5am.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope every one else is well

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 5:59pm
Argh Kabe poor you! it's hard to cope on so little sleep. I hope you get some good suggestions. Good luck

i hope you are getting on Ok Deb.

Work is ok thanks Kabe. Really busy finalising a report - all going well it will be published by the end of the month. The team I work in isn't very happy though, and there have been 4 resignations in the past 4 weeks...

N had her first big girl's haircut today - she has a shoulder length bob now.                                                    
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:05pm
Hope everyone is well again now! We all seem well enough at the moment.

Yay Deb - exciting news! Hope the stress eases and the move goes well for you all.

Peachy - so great to hear everything is going well with you and your girls. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

DJ - a haircut for N? I bet she's looking more grown up than ever! about all the resignations at work - are you still happy there?   

Kabe - hope you get some good tips re: Anahera's sleep to find a solution that works for you all. My A is in with us, so I don't mind any wake ups, but early mornings would be hard going - it's getting quite light in the mornings these days, wonder if that's not helping?

Edited by monster
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 9:15pm
KABE - I feel your pain. Both my kids were never good sleepers (Ella especially!!!)....she was swaddled till she was nearly 1 and heavily reliant on her dummy....Toby was better but we've certainly had our ups and downs with his sleeping habits too....we also have a small house....Tobys room is right next to our room and I'm a light sleeper so am always being woken by him....we too leap up to re-settle him....far too quickly....but unfortunately thats just been our life for the last 4 years!

Sorry I don't have any 'quick' fixes....sending you lots of hugs xox
Westy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 9:32pm

hey everyone, to those in auckand..

if anyones interested im having a tupperware party on saturday 11am.

if youd like to come along, email me at kirsteen.f@gmail.com for my addy. either that

or im also on facebook too..

how is everyone doing? Naomi is all good,.loving her pre school, she recently went up a class as shes toilet trained now and over 3 1/2...lookin forward to her turning 4 at end of next month too...time has surely flown by....

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by sunnyhoney sunnyhoney wrote:

I'm not really familiar with that area (we're more central west). Good luck with the move I'm really looking forward to having another of our OB mums up here...Why don't you Welly/NP girls move up too lol.

Hehe SH, you never know with us ... I'd say we could be anywhere in 12mths time ;)

Best wishes for an easy move Deb, I hope you find a nice spot to live quickly. You must've moved by now??

Edited by babyg
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 799800801802>