FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120>
Author
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 2:11pm
We have been very quiet!! I'm guessing it's cause our kids are keeping us all just too exhausted to hop online anymore! I've tucked mine into bed for their naps, and today Ella begged to nap on the couch in Reuben's room (she loves having her naps in huts, or made-up little beds), so we've done that, and all I can hear through the monitor is them giggling! I knew it wasn't likely to work, but they sound so happy I'm not gonna bust it up just yet.

Can you believe these October babies are nearly THREE?!?! Oh my gosh!! That first year lasted a decade and the next two have just flown past.

Kellz, I wana take back my bet that there's a boy in there! Purely because of the peek you sneaked at the scan. And because I love to shop for girl prezzies!

Did I mention that Ella is in the current Allergy Today magazine? 3 pages of her! With her there, Chiara looking pretty as anything on Oh Baby, and another friend's daughter on the cover of Little Treasures I'm feeling like I'm among the famous! I hope the rest of the October mums are doing good - are we all pondering birthday parties? Doing 'butterflies and bugs' here.
Andie
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 2:19pm

Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:48pm
What a cute pic Andie    Wow, another star... I can say I know some famous girls
We are good here. Ellie's head is still in the healing stages and it's the biggest scab I've ever seen!!! We've got an appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow for them to check it and to let us know what to expect further on down the track. Apart from the head, Ellie is doing well. I'm having to top her up with formula as she doesn't seemed fully satisfied after a feed so tomorrow I'll head off to the herbalist to get a mixture made up for my boobs...used it with Brenna and it makes a big difference!
Brenna is being such a great big sister. She helps me change Ellie's dressings by holding them on her head while I put on the bandage tubing thingy
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:49pm
Oh and regarding birthdays...haven't even thought about it! Can I get away with 'peace and quiet' with a side of 'nap on the couch (for me)' as my theme??????
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 5:04pm
Of course you can! Anything that keeps things stress free for you is all good!
Good wee Brenna helping out. Thats cute. Hope Ellie's head heals quickly.
How are you coping with everything? I hope you are doing ok.
What a cute picture Andie. Just gorgeous. They sound like they are going to be great wee mates as they grow up.
I have been starting to think parties a bit Andie. Am going to do a bright purple VW cake for Ollie plus these really cute wee car cup cakes I found in a picture. We'll just have a few friends around for a play and afternoon tea.
For Harry (a week later) we are going to have a BBQ and I haven't quite decided what cake yet. Thinking of making his theme sort of bright yellow and orange - very vague I know!!!!

Edited by katie1
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:38pm
Happy 3rd Birthday's to all the wee kidlets hope they all have fantastic days :)

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 12:01pm

I love colour themes, Kath!  Ella went to a 'red and white' party once and everything was red or white, the kids included, and it was just gorgeous.  Looked easy to do too... I was gonna do the same this year but got suckered into the butterflies (mostly cause I want to make the cake I've seen!). 

But Anna, your party plan sounds the best of all!!  Ah, if only, eh.  When you've got a newbie you just can't throw a party like before though, can you - way too much stress when you're just too busy for it already. 

They're not 2006 toddlers now, are they?  Bring on the Kindy!  Ella won't start until next year (bummer).  Hey - we sold our house!

Andie
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 7:39pm
Cool about your house Andie!! and happy birthday to all of our big 3 year olds!!!!!!!
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:58pm
YAY about the house. Happy birthday everyone. Ollie started kindy this term and it is generally going well. The first week was brilliant but this week we have had a few tears on leaving. I always ring them after ten minutes and he is fine and happily playing so I guess that is a good sign. He is shattered right now at the end of the week and is asleep on the couch. I am packing to go away for the weekend so it is actually very handy!
Anyway, better get off here and get something done.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 10:02pm
well I don't have a october toddler but a november one, and since I can't seem to post my own topic here I thought Id post here - I hope that is ok!!!

I can not believe my baby is almost 3 (November 26th) to be honest I never really thought we would make it this far with everything Aidan;s been through and almost loosing me many times when he was born yeah, Im in shock lol
Happy birthday to my baby (with aidan going no baby, I a big boy)
you are truly my little miracle and to look at you today still brings tears to my eyes as you have come such a very long way. Love you bubba
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 1:51pm
aidan's nearly 3???? wow where did that time go!!!

i still remember the day i came in here and read about his arrival, what a shock that was.

he's a gorgeous wee man trish, he certainly has come along way, overcome some major hurdles and come out strong

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 10:54pm
I know, it's a bit scary lol
I still can't believe he is almost 3.

He had a speech langauge assessment on wednesday and she was so impressed with him that we never have to see her/them again WOOHOO!

hubby took some photos of him the other day so will up some up when I find them on his comp
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 4:12pm
Hi everyone! I miss you guys and thought it would be cool to catch up and see how everyone and their nearly 4 yr olds are getting on these days!

Isla is as outgoing and full on as ever! She is very caring, loves her baby brother, and loves to play "Mum" and "teacher" and to boss others around, lol!
Shes really really into writing at the moment. She has a white board that she will sit at and practice and practice writing at for ages!
She still loves to sing and dance, loves dressing up and wearing lots of pink and jewlery!
She goes to daycare 3 days a week from 9-3pm, and after the holidays is moving up to the "big class"! Scary to think this time next year we will be getting ready for our 'babies' to start school!

She is just dropping her day sleep, just been having one at daycare in the last 3 weeks, and not at home. She is sleeping better at night tho now which is good, *touches wood* she sleeps from 7.30pm til 6.15am.
She no longer has any food intollerences or eczema or anything which is great.

I took her to see her first movie yesterday- Shrek in 3D. She was sooo excited and loved it!

Would love to hear how the other kids are doing.
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 6:59pm
Hi Kelly    Sounds like everything is going great for you. Isla sounds just like Brenna lol

She also loves playing 'mums' and being the teacher, writing etc Anything to do with kindy she's right into.
She's at kindy 2 days a week 9-3 and I'm working 1 day (Ellie goes to a home based carer).

Brenna hasn't been sleeping during the day for ages but I still send her to bed every day for a rest. It gives me a nice bit of time to myself.

We also took Brenna to her 1st movie the other day - Toy Story. She loved it too. It was so cute!!

I hope others pop in here to catch us up on their big kids
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 7:25pm
Hi Anna! Yay Im glad someone replied. Not sure who else is still around here these days.
Brenna does sound just like Isla! Glad she is doing well.
Im also back at work one day a week. Started on Wed. Doing one 9 hr shift on a rotating roster- so could be any morning or afternoon shift any day of the week- I will know about a month in advance. Mum is looking after Aiden, and Isla if Im working on a day shes not in daycare.
We go to a playgroup at a playcentre on Tues monrings, and to mainly music on Thurs mornings. Aiden is enjoying the music group already too which is fun!
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 7:50pm
We've just started going to Mainly Music too - on a Mon. I'm becoming an IHC friend each Mon morning so she'll come along too Ellie also loves it...spends her time going from mum to mum getting cuddles

Work sounds great. Are you finding it nice to have adults to talk to? lol...that's one of the reasons I love work
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2010 at 8:03pm
Its nice to know my brain still works for something other than nursery rhymes and nappy changes

I have made sure to bulid a little village for myslef this time around so havent lacked adult conversation, even tho the conversations usually revolve around babies! Have around 6 mums and babies over here every couple of weeks, as well as seeing each other at playgroup and music. We even went out at night a few weeks back and are going to make it a monthly thing!

Good on you for being a IHC volunteer. My mum did that when we were kids and I think it was great for us to learn to be accepting of others.
I am doing meals on wheels once a month, help plunket with their pnd group once a month, and am waiting for the training to become a breast feeding peer support buddy.
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 9:12am

Kelly you've started a revival!  LOL.  Can you believe these kids are heading towards their 4th birthdays?  Eeeeek!  Ella's started looking at the birthday cake book already.  To be fair, she talked about her 3rd birthday party for 6 months, and only stopped that to start making plans for her 4th.  It's so cool to hear how Isla and Brenna are doing, and that Isla's grown out of her allergies - wo-hoo!  Ella, too.  The only thing she doesn't eat now is nuts, and that's just as a precaution, until she's four.  Reuben's still on Neocate, but he's started growing out of his as well.  Ella loves kindy (I love kindy!), and like Brenna she's right into playing mummies.  She loves writing, too, & I love the stuff she scrawls. 

OK it's with some amount of shame that I admit I haven't looked on here for, I dunno, since that last post in September '09... and only hopped on the site 'cause I was so curious about what all the hoo-ha about OB was that's been on FB.  Apparently people are getting their knickers in a twist in a big way!  But it got me thinking, while I don't have time to participate on this site anymore (but I check FB regularly), I really did get a lot out of it, and that's mostly 'cause of our Oct babies group (and some other absolute gems out there who I've been lucky enough to become friends with) - I wouldn't have got to know any of you ladies otherwise, and I'm so glad that I did!  Maybe I'm a little biased, sure, but our thread rocked, 'cause it was a bunch of top-shelf people with big hearts, much wisdom, a good laugh and no shortage of kind words.  You ladies have been a big source of support for me through some of the tough times, and I really appreciate it, and only hope that I repaid some of that support, too.  So while I might check this forum annually, I'm glad to see you still on FB, so keep in touch, peeps! 

Edited by Andie
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:01pm
So glad u checked in too Andie! Our group defintaly was awesome! Ohbaby is so massive now I cant keep up with all the threads and dont try to either, so I miss all the "juicy" threads mostly anyway and only hear about them via peoples facebook updates too. I mostly just hand out in the Jan 10 thread, but miss all my Oct 06 mates!
Great that Ella had outgrown her allergys too, so awesome! Is Reuben on an "everything free" diet?
Aiden seemed to be heading the same way as Isla with the reflux early on, but have managed to control it with my diet. Hes very intollerent to even the tiniest trace of soy tho. I dont have cows milk but do have small ammt cheese, plain yougurt and cottage cheese which he seems to be ok with. I also dont have caffine and a bunch of other things tho, but hes doing great now! He was exclusinely bf til 6 months, and weve just started solids tho hes not very interested yet!

Anyone thought about schools? Isla"s been on the non-catholic waiting list at the local catholic school since before she was 2, and we find out this Oct if she has a place. Still undecided if she will go there even if she gets in. The closest primary is a no-go ( local Mongrel mob kids go there), and the next closest is good, but huge- over 500 kids, and the playgroud is across a road, which puts me off. The other option is good but futher away. Still only a 5 min drive tho, but the catholic and the other 2 are is walking distance- well on fine days- 15 plus mins walk. I like that the catholic one has smaller classes, and a uniform!

Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2010 at 3:24pm
Hi all,

It has been ages since I have been on this site too and like Andie I regularly go on FB now and see what people are up to on there.

My two boys are growing like mushrooms. Ollie is a right character at the moment - he is sooooo energetic and certainly keeps me on my toes. He attends daycare 3 days per week which he loves. We decided to keep him there rather than choose kindy because the structure is pretty similar and it also works out well with me because I got a part time job working at the daycare centre doing administration 2 days per week. Sebastien is also going to the same daycare on the days that I work and starting from next month I will have 1 day per week all to myself while both boys are at daycare yay!!!

Sebastien is 2 next week - where did that time go? Can't believe my baby is 2 years old the boys have just started sharing a bedroom and so far it is going well. I tend to put one of them to bed about 30 minutes before the other so that they don't talk all night ha ha!

The boys play quite nicely together most of the time until one of them snatches something off each other and then there is a screaming match!

It is so interesting reading about what girls are into compared to boys! Ollie doesn't really talk much about his upcoming birthday. He is too busy playing with his train sets or cars or running around after his little brother.

Anyway enough of me. Nice to see that everyone is doing well. I will certainly try and update on here more regularly.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120>