FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober ’06 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 120>
Author
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 9:32am
1st Birthdays!

10: Charli - Vanessa
11: Toby - Angel
14: Sienna (7.45pm) - Emma
14: Mercedes (7.48pm) - Emma
17: Isla - Kellz
23: Olivier - Millie
24: Ethan - Natalie
26: James - Danni
27: Brenna -Anna

Im missing Oliver, Ella, Kaia and Lily,... and I still have baby brain,...except now its toddler brain,..LOL! So sorry to everyone else Ive missed,...please add! And my stupid comp wont let me see tickers, so if the date is written there, you will no Im not just being a blind dingbat!

Edited by Kellz
Sponsored Links

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:02am

1st Birthdays!

12: Ella - Andie

29: Oliver - Katie

Yay thanks, Kellz!  I was wondering who fitted where, too.  But I'm also missing Kaia & Lily (sorry guys!).  And something weird is going on with my return key so that's what the big gaps are about.  This feels weird, being in the 'toddler' section. 

Miss Ella will be celebrating her birthday with Brenna & Oliver.  Yep, her party is 2 weeks late because it had to be if her grandparents are all going to be there and we need the in-laws house for it.  Plus, with her 2 separate hospital appts on her actual birthday it won't seem like much of a celebration for her  

How many naps (of any?) are your babies having now?  We tried just the one yesterday and it worked really well, but didn't at all today, so Ella's having a morning sleep now.  She'd been waking around 6am though, and going to bed at 7.30pm.  When do the other Oct babies have their bedtimes?   

Andie
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:15am
Lily goes down around 7.30-8pm and sleeps right through untill 8am.
Lily is the 24th also, cheers

Hope everyone is well

Edited by shelleybean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:18am
1st Birthdays!

12: Ella - Andie
24: Lily - Shelley & Sam
29: Oliver - Katie

What time was Ethan born, Natalie?

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:18am
I was wondering the same thing about naps and bedtimes too. A few times Isla hasnt had a morning nap cos she has been fine and not seemed tired,..but most days she still needs 2. She wakes between 6-6.30am, nap about 9am for an hour, nap about 1.30-2pm for 1 1/2 hrs, bed at 6.30pm,..but of course thats all different since daylight savings. She went to bed 7pm last night, up at 7.15am, and down for nap at 10.30am. So pretty much the same,...the times just an hour foward! Im so confused!

What about eating? Im sure Isla doesnt eat enough, and has way too much formula for her age. She is still having 4 bottles,...and will drink upwards of 150 ml each time. She still wakes for a 9.30-10pm feed
She will eat 2 tbs of baby porridge made with 50 ml formula, and 1/4-1/2 peice of toast for breafast (sometimes a bit of fruit too),...lunch 1 piece of bread in a sandwhich with avacado or ham or vegemite, raisins or a bit of banana or pear of other fruit (not a very big peice), a slice or 2 of cumcumber of celery, and maybe a buiscuit or rice cracker,..dinner is hard. She HAS to feed herself and wont eat the "family" meals we have tried. She will eat about 1/2 a plain sasuage or about 4 aria farm meat strips,...and the other day had a chicken leg,...but cant get her to eat anything with it. Veges are a no no,....HELP! Suggestions greatly appreciated!

ETA- Isla has slept through the whole night (6.30pm- 6.30am) twice now! So gooo Lily! Lol!

Edited by Kellz
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:08pm
The gremlins are still having two day sleeps, they get up at about 7am, go back down at about 9.30amish for 1-1 1/2 hours then back down at around 2pm for about 1 1/2 hours, then down for the night around 6.30pm. They have always had high sleep needs tho which doesn't mean they have always been good sleepers, just that they NEED lots of sleep, apparently partly coz they were a little bit prem.

Food wise they don't eat much. Usually they have 1/2 tin pureed fruit mixed with 50ml formula and Farex between them for breakfast plus one piece of toast between them, morning tea is a biscuit or a piece of fruit or crackers, lunch is a tin of custard between them plus a sandwich with cheese or marmite (equiv 1 slice of bread each) and some fruit and afternoon tea is a biscuit end/or fruit. Dinner is about 1/2 cup each of pureed meat/veg (I just puree up whatever we have for dinner) plus some fruit, or custard or crackers if they still seem hungry. But generally between them they eat what the average baby would eat on his/her own.

Formula they have 3 bottles a day each of 150ml but usually only drink around 120ml. I used to make up 200ml bottles but they just waste it.

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:09pm
Oh and today they are snotty, grotty feral little toads, they have pretty much slept and screamed intermittently all day except when I took them to the GP to get Mercedes ears and chest checked when they put on a glorious show and were happy as larry. Typical!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:15pm
James generally only has one nap a day now but maybe every fourth day he will have two depending on what we have been doing.

Bedtime is normally 7:30 8 at the latest and wakes around 7am.

Food wise for breakfast he eats about 4 tbsp of baby muesli and 4 toast fingers. Then has a snack for morning tea lunch he has some yogurt or custard something like that a sandwich and a manderine, then another snack for afternoon tea for tea he has the amount of a watties jar then some yoghurt and a cruskit he also has 3 b/f a day.

for the last few days he 's been eating about 3/4 of that since he's been sick gee it seems like a lot when you write it all done like that.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:36pm

Thanks Kellz... I'd been wondering about food today as well!  Ella will eat anything up to 10gms (dry) farex powder mixed to a super-sloppy consistency with a little fruit in there for brekkie, but she usually eats only about a 3rd of what I make her.  She must eat about 30gms of pureed food for brekkie.  Lunchtime she sometimes refuses solids all-together and dinnertime is hit and miss, she usually eats some but much less than her breakfast even.  She can eat meat if I've cubed it up for her in tiny pea-sized pieces, and has been known to eat about a quarter of the occasional mini muffin.  Won't eat fresh fruit, but will put bits of dried fruit in her mouth.  And brocolli... she'll eat that as a finger-food if I've got it in tiny pieces.  She drinks 4 feeds of her formula, anywhere from 150 - 200mls each time.  It's blimmin frustrating though trying to get her eating - I offer solids before the bottle but she just hates food.  It's infuriating! 

OK I'm just in a bad, bad mood about it today.  My child is throwing tantys a lot today, won't friggin eat at all today no matter what I offer her, and the house is a pigsty (which always makes me grumpy!). 

Andie
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:38pm

Oh yeah, and she cries through most meals.  That gets really tired!!!

Hope the gremlins improve too, Emma.  Dontcha love it when they pull out their best happy faces for the doctor?!?

Andie
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 2:06pm
Awww, hugs Andie! The gremlins and Ella will just have to be the starving, underweight grubs of the October toddler bunch then. Coz of course we NEVER feed them, and they are so deprived!

If it helps, my house is a pig sty too and the cleaner didn't come coz she locked her keys in her car.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 2:35pm
Wow there has been lots of people on this thread today!!

Ollie's routine is as follows:
Wakes up anywhere from 7:00 am - 7:30 am has a bottle then about 30 minutes later I alternate his breakfast every few days so it could either be fruity weetbix mixed up with 100 mls formula sometimes less or otherwise he might have a tin of something for breaky. He then has another bottle around 10:30-11:00 amish. Lunch around 12:00 pm this might be pumpkin & kumera mashed up and then has a yogurt or sometimes a tin of something if I am out. Put him down for a sleep around 1:00 pm and will sleep for around 3 hours. Lately his day sleep patterns have changed (not sure why). He has over the last several months only ever had 1 day sleep for up to 3 hours and that seems to be Ok with him. He then has dinner around 5:00 pm and this could either be a home cooked meal i.e. mince, apple and kumera mashed together or sometimes a tin of something and then another bottle before bed. Most days he has around 4 bottles but sometimes only 3 bottles. Never been a big drinker - sometimes takes 150 mls but usually only 100 mls. He is in bed by 7:00 pm most nights.

Andie I am also experiencing the tantrums at the moment. Has had a few this morning while I was visiting a friend with a girl same age as him.

How is everyone's party plans coming along? Our list is growing by the minute!!!!
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 4:16pm
Isla wont let us feed her anything on a spoon, other than porridge for breakfast. Thats why I find it so hard to get dinner into her. She has to do it herself. We put a few veges on her tray, and she will just play until we give her meat, then she will pick through the veges to get the meat! Arghh!
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 4:34pm
Brenna still has 2 naps each day, about 9.30am then 2pm.

She's a garbage disposal though! She has fruit, weetbix and toast for breaky. Sammy, luncheon, cheese, custard and fruit for lunch. Bicky for arvo tea then meat (she'll eat as much meat as I give her), veges, pasta, fruit for dinner!

She will also try and eat any food that she can find left over on the floor

She has 3 bottles a day of about 200 ml
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 4:54pm

I'm going to recruit Brenna as Ella's food-coach.  She can show her how it's done! 

Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 5:56pm
Yeah me too! Thats awesome!
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 6:08pm
Wow Anna Brenna is great with her food! I find it a bit hard with some things that I give Ollie because of not having any teeth yet. He does love bananas though and I give that to him in chunks and he seems to be able to eat it!
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 6:25pm
Brenna's only just got her first tooth this week and even with no teeth she hasn't really had any problems chewing her food - she's a piggy allright!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 7:51pm
Go Brenna! Her gremlin friends are great floor-scavengers too, it must taste better covered in dirt
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 9:30pm
Lily loves her food also, she has museli for breakfast then she goes down at 10am and then up at around 11.30-12 for lunch and she has a full size yoghurt and a full banana or kiwifruit or orange's etc for lunch and then she goes down at 2 and then up at about 4.30 - 5 for tea at 5.30 and she has vege's and meat. I still breastfeed her, but she has a 200ml bottle at night then down to bed around 7.30 - 8....
The odd time we will throw in some toast with her meals also....

Great to hear all the babies are loving there food....

Edited by shelleybean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 120>