FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 313>
Author
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 4:11pm
Congrats November mum's . And since you are all having your babes in this hotter weather, remember wanting to feed more may also be dehydration from feeling warm....

Sponsored Links

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 9:11pm
DH got his first baby badge today We were at the memorial service for his best friend and I woke Ruby up for a feed and took her to the car. DH said "I won't need anything on my shoulder" when going to burp her and the one time he didn't she spilled on him

I got my first major boob leakage too, straight through the disposable breast pad (I have now changed to the wool pads I got from breastmates), through my bra onto my singlet. Luckily I had a black dress over the top or I would of looked very silly.

Here is Ruby one week on ....

And Daddy being silly and nearly choking himself (we were both laughing so hard we cried taking this photo!)

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 2:14pm
LOL Love the photo of your hubby Porcelina!!

Well were is everyone??

We are finally getting more sleep and feeling better. The only thing now that is annoying me is those dam haemorrhoids!! They are quite sore.

Baby finally has a name now, Sophie Ann!! She is doing really well. Only 30 grams off her birth weight when she was weighed yesterday, so that was good!! She is slowely sleeping more during the night. I still have to wake her during the day so she doesn't sleep too long.

Still haven't uploaded any photos onto photobucket... maybe today!!

Hope everyone else is well, and babies are behaving!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 6:33pm
Shame on you, we want photos

We managed to get out of the house this morning and go introduce Ruby to DH's parents and went to the supermarket while they watched her. This afternoon however she's been awake lots (currently squawking in her cot now and then) and feeding lots, I'm picking the heat is making her thirsty. I think she gets a bit annoyed when she goes to sleep on Mummy then wakes up in her cot where nobody is!

It hit 30 degrees outside our house today!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 6:40pm
Lovely name Nicolaann!

We've had a rough couple of days with Anyssa not sleeping much at all. Yesterday she was pretty much awake from 2pm to midnight! Thankfully she slept until 5am after that, and has been sleeping this afternoon. I'm going to have to find out more about how to get into a routine...

My mum has been here this week, but went home today. I'll be on my own next week, so I think we'll take it easy and try to work something out.

Might have half a glass of wine tonight! So excited
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 8:09pm
So has MeganGrace had her bubs yet? Congrats to all you November mummies - loving the gorgeous piccies!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:29am

Still waiting to hear from Megangrace and Lisha - both their babies are probably born ny now!
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:51am
Ruby was awake yesterday afternoon from about 2pm-11pm with about 2 short naps and that was it. I think the heat got to her, we ended up stripping her off for a feed with the fan on to cool her down. She pretty much wanted to hang off me the whole time but managed to keep her well hydrated. Me on the other hand is a different story, I drank heaps but couldn't really stay on top of it, I was so scared my milk would dry up! I have been constantly thirsty with a headache since yesterday afternoon It was already 20 outside at 8:30 this morning so doesn't look good for today either.
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 12:06pm
Oh no Porcelina, heat like that is going to make life hard! Espcially as it is only November - only going to get hotter I guess.

Luke has been good, currently putting himself to sleep in the basinette. My parents came up for a surprise visit last night and managed to be really good and then fuss and be really unsettled later at night... he vomited on me twice and then settled in for a 6hr sleep. He is far more settled when it is just the two or three of us at home. I am sure this will improve though.

I got mum to go to Nappies for Less and get cheaper nappies, becuase I can't believe the rate that he is getting through them - I have Huggies here but they are so expensive, espcially the ones that he only has on for 15minutes before he wets/poos in it...

Am going to try the cloths this week too - that will be an adventure...
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 1:54pm
We had our best night last night. Sophie slept for 5 hrs solid, so I got a good sleep. She only woke the once, which was great. I think she has finally got her day and night sorted out. She settled herself in her bassinet for the first time aswell. So excited!

She has been awake a lot today... I think it is the heat. She has been feeding lots too. Our poor babies are not enjoying this heat obviously!! (which reminds me to go and get a drink!!)

Ok, I am going to go and upload photos right now so I can post them!!   
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 1:58pm
I forgot how many nappies newborns go through. I was using the treasures ultra, but found they were a bit big, and she was leaking, so now I'm using huggies. They fit better. Will be glad when she has grown enough to fit her cloth nappies!! And can't wait till she fits her cute minky bubblebubs MCN!!
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 2:12pm
Sophie today

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 2:14pm
And another one (4 days old)

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 2:19pm
And one more....

Sophie and Mummy!!

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 4:22pm
Oh nicolaann she is beautiful!!

Glad to hear that it is going well for you. Luke slept 6hrs last night, we were so glad to get the sleep!!

Have had visitors again today (from Auckland, so they stay for hours) and he has been unsettled and won't sleep. Am now trying to get him down, he has just been feeding bascially the whole time they were here.
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 5:24pm
I love that little dress nicolaann! So sweet

I am glad we won't be in Nelson this summer (though DH says finally I get a summer in Nelson like he did as a kid and we are moving) because it's going to be so hot, when we were out in the car the thermometer in there said it was 28 outside the car. She is coping better today, we have had her in a singlet and nappies only and doors open.

She has decided the around 4pm feed will be awake time between goes at feeding each day I think. Which is good, we had visitors with a baby 2 months older than Ruby and they got to see her awake which was nice.

We have gone through a lot of nappies too, this past feed she was wet when I woke her up, did a big poo during her feed (quite thunderous, showing off for visitors I think!) and a big wet nappy by the time I put her down again (awake, hopefully she goes to sleep) so that's 3 nappies down in a short space of time

She has developed a quite mucky eye, I am putting breastmilk in it (better than antibiotic stuff) and I'll see how it is by the time we see the MW tomorrow afternoon. She also has some broken skin in her skin folds up high in her groin and trying zinc oxide cream on that, it looks like it is healing. Neither bothers her so at least that's something.
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 5:48pm
Porcelina, sounds like Ruby has the same problems as Luke - the gunky eye and the raw skin. I have given and moved onto anitbiotics, as he has had the gunky eye since birth - seems to be clearning now, and am putting cream on the raw bits - but they are still there - not bothering him at all tho...

He is finally asleep, and then I find out that DH accepted a dinner invite from his parents and forgot to tell me (I found out 5 minutes ago). I don't really want to wake him, but when I rang his mum she sounded a bit put out - so will wake him at 7pm and go down there for tea...
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 7:42am
Ruby and Sophie look both very cute
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:03am

Sophie is gorgeous Nicolann! Love that dress.

Anyssa has been awake a lot in the heat - and wanting to feed a lot last evening. She gets herself so tired and just won't go to sleep dispite all our attempts. At least when she finally conks out she has a decent 5 hours...

The temp guage on her monitor got up to 27 last evening! She is just in nappies and a singlet in the afternoon too. I need to get some muslin swadding cloths...

She is 3 weeks old today! Still has milia - I've read it is supposed to go away in a week - anyone else still got it? (I know it is nothing to worry about, but she'll look cuter without it!)
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 11:19am

Sort of a dimple shot?! We're pretty sure that some of the smiles she does are real smiles. Dad plays a game with her which she really responds to - but hard to photograph the resultant smiles!
She has also started to make some really cool noises - little coo things - so cute!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 313>