FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChild Friendly Outings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 10:16pm
We went to Butterfly Creek this weekend and whilst I blinked Miss Houdini ran off from the playground and we found her down by the train! Most terryfing moment of my whole life!!!!

I totally admit that I should have been watching her with the eyes I have in the back of my head, but I emailed the Manager this morning to ask why there wasn't a gate to stop kids getting down there on their own and their reply was "we USED to have a pool gate there but because it was in constant use it was impractical to expect it to work constantly, it has now been removed awaiting repairs"

OMFG!!!!!!!!! It would also be impractical if my daughter got run over by a train!

I suggested that they might want to invest in a sturdy wooden hinged gate exactly the same as the one leading to the farm that keeps the animals in! I'm sure that would have equal amount of use and was working and locking perfectly fine!

**scared mummy rant over**
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:55pm

In Palmy i have to say Memorial park. In the summer it is great there is a little pool that babies can swim in and there is a deeper pool that older children can swim in. It is all inclosed with a fence and gates. The 2 pools are seperated by some bars so babies can't get into the bigger pool so easy. The playground is great Andrew had a ball playing there.

And well the Esplanade in Palmy is great.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 12:37am
I used to love going to Memorial park as a kid! Do they still have the big outdoor skating rink?
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:13am
OMG me too, dejavu on the skating rink!
Toni, WTF is with removing a safety gate and not putting something there in the meantime?!
That is shocking when there are so many little kids there!

Edited by caraMel
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

McPloppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McPloppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 12:55pm
I really like Vavoom in Parklands Christchurch. Great healthy selection of food for the children and the library is just next door.
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 1:35pm
OMG I LOVED both Memorial Park & The Esplanade as a kid you just gotta love that little train.. and the outdoor skating rink (is that still there?)!! My Nannie (grandmother - RIP ) & lived in Palmy (Terrace End) and we used to spend most holidays there
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 1:44pm

I'm not sure the the rink is still there i'll have a look next time we go there.

The train now has a very long track that the PD boys made.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 4:52pm
Last time I went on that train my nephew was 4 (now 12) HA, time flies when you're having fun
aussiemum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 4:48pm
Just wondering if anyone's been to Scrummy Mummies in Papanui ChCh?
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 5:17pm
aussie mum..we used to meet there for OHBABY meetups.
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 1:23pm
The Jan/Feb 08 Auckland girls just went to BANG BANG cafe in Ponsonby on Saturday and it was fab! (Thanks lilfatty for finding it).

It has one side of the menu just for toddler/children food and one side for adults. Heaps of room between tables to move a buggy through and a 'cage' (playpen) at the back for the mobile babies.

Coffee was great too (even though I had to have decaf soy *sigh*)

Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 2:11pm
Yesterday we went to the Library Cafe, 55 Princes St, Onehunga which was really good. A little playground out the back for big kids, a play corner for the little ones and a great menu for everyone. They even do organic purees for babies...totally recommend it.
Zac Mark - 30.11.05
Samara Ailsa - 13.08.07
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:23pm
i went to frolic today on manukau rd and wanted to say how great it was for the kids too...
they were greeted at the door personally by one of the wait staff and she was really nice and friendly to them as well as me... they were kept entertained and the fluffies came with marshmallows and were a decent size too.

Well done frolic!!!!

(may even start a separate post re this...in case not everyone sees this.)

Mumandloveit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumandloveit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 12:31am
Another great child friendly cafe in Auckland is a Spoonful of Sugar in Ponsonby. It has a child menu and also a childrens playroom which is staffed with two fully trained nannies. For $5 your children can play in the playroom while you eat and you can watch them on a huge screen mounted on the wall while you eat. The staff are great and there is heaps for the kids to do. Books / puzzles / blocks artwork etc. My kids love it there.
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 4:50pm

wow that does sound flash lol (spoonful of sugar)

One day I want to go to butterfly creek.

In warkworth - well matakana really is the country park. Its manily for older children (the playground) but has different things ie a pirate ship, buzzy bee, castle etc

The animal side is great too the cafe makes yummy hot choclates but is very pricey food wise.

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

Yesterday we went to the Library Cafe, 55 Princes St, Onehunga which was really good. A little playground out the back for big kids, a play corner for the little ones and a great menu for everyone. They even do organic purees for babies...totally recommend it.

This place has become my local!! I love it there, it can get crowded with mums and bubs but I think thats what makes it so great. Oh and their Caramel Slice - TDF!!

Edited by .Mel
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 10:00pm
We will have to do a meet up there Mel!
Zac Mark - 30.11.05
Samara Ailsa - 13.08.07
ruthiesharr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruthiesharr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:47am
Scrummy mummies in Chch is great, however I heard a rumour that it has closed. Is this true? Bad news.

Edited by ruthiesharr
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 2:02pm
Bambinos in Cambridge is awesome, great prices and heaps of choices for kids of all ages on the menu, as well as heaps for them to do. Only thing is that if they go off to play in the ball room or the other play room you can't see them from the eating area, but there's heaps for them to do in that area anyway.

Lilypad cafe just out of Cambridge also impressed me. They had a seperate laminated mini-menu that they gave to DD1 so she could order like the grownups and a neat outside play area. Lovely staff too.

Most recently Grey Street Kitchen in Hamilton East has a pretty good kids section on their menu and they were really helpful, asked if I needed a high chair and set it all up for me. A bit expensive though, but lovely food.
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
Berg19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berg19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 9:46am
Any places anybody knows of in wellington?? Im looking for a cafe/restaurant to have my baby shower, and thinking thinking i'll def need somewhere child friendly to put up with us!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>