FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 246>
Author
mummy_dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:26am
Oh wow Floss that photo is just beautiful!
Daphne

Married Stuart: 19/03/05
Oliver: 9/06/06
Lilia due: 19/03/08

Sponsored Links

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 11:16am
Hi guys! Everything is going really well with feeding and sleeping now (touch wood!). She has put on loads of weight and her face has filled out. I love being a mum and I love her soooo much!
Heres a pic at 6days old
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 12:05pm
Topsy, she is so adorable. She looks so cosy all swaddled up.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 2:27pm
She is beautiful Topsy
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 2:33pm
Keep forgetting this one is here as am so busy checking updates on deliveries in the due dec thread. Must post a new picture as he looks so different now.

They change so much!

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 5:28pm
I thought it was about time I ventured in here especially since Liam is a week old already

Another photo of Mac would be nice Peanut. I'm sure he's changed a lot since we last saw him.

I'm hoping the growth spurt Liam seemed to go through last night doesn't last until tonight. DH & I are exhausted & my nipples are raw (sorry TMI) . But all in all, it's going really well & we're loving having our little man at home with us.

Edited by sally belly
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:01pm
Have posted one in the other thread to so will post a different one here. This is the latest. Taken yesterday.

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 10:33am
He is so cute Peanut! Love the spikey hair

Here is one of Bella at bathtime, Her private parts have been covered so she can keep her dignity!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 2:24pm
Bathtime Bella is so cute!!!!

And Mac is growing well :) He is adorable.

C'mon Phee!

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 11:50am
Have a very merry Xmas everyone!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2007 at 2:21pm
Hi girls,
Hope it's ok if I straddle the Dec/Jan mummies threads since my little girl arrived on the 18th Dec. We're settling in and she's sleeping really well (touch wood!)

bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:56am
Hi Bobbie, glad to hear that lil Rowan is doing really well. Hope the good sleeping pattern continues for you. And yes, welcome to the Dec thread, I will probally end up straddling both the Dec / Jan threads too if Phoenix doesn't show up soon.

BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 12:31pm
The more the merrier Bobbie! Glad you are getting some sleep cos I sure aint!!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 9:25pm
Don't worry Topsy - I keep getting told by everyone that it will probably change - and that babies that sleep badly in the beginning sleep better later on.

I read about your bfing woes though - I hope things get better for you and I totally hear you on the pain thing! Can't wait until it stops hurting so much.

edit to add a piccie:

Edited by Bobbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 10:02am
Bobbie, Rowan is adorable & has such fair hair

I hope you ladies are getting a little more sleep. I am exhausted too but I'm not very good at making myself have an afternoon nap. It's a little difficult b/c my parents are holidaying in Akld & Mum especially is very keen to spend lots of time with her first grandson. Maybe I'll send them all out for a walk this afternoon.

We took Liam on his first ferry ride a couple of days ago. He promptly started bawling as soon as the ferry departed. I had to laugh but DH was not too impressed (he's in the navy & loves all things nautical). .

Topsy, is Bella still feeding every 2 hours? I am currently feeding when Liam lets me know he wants it rather than sticking to a rigid timetable. It's usually every 3-4 hours or so. Although he has slept for a couple of 6 hour stretches overnight... I wouldn't have left him that long but we were sound asleep & I forget to set the alarm. Oops.

How is everyone else going?

Edited by sally belly
BellaBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellaBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 12:01pm
Bobbie, Rowan is such a cutie! And a real blondie! I thought Bella would have been a fair skinned blondie because I am but she is an olive skinned brown hair girl- taken after her father obviously.

Bella feeds every 3hrs(sometimes 2 hourly). MW has just weighed her and she is now 7lb! She put on double the expected weight gain- what a fatty! So, it seems that all the hard work is paying off.

Liam sounds like he is a good sleeper Sally. You lucky thing! MW also said that now she has reached 7lb that she may start sleeping longer and feeding better. Heres hoping!
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 6:46am
Cute pics guys

I hope you all enjoyed your first xmas with your bubbies

We are having a rather rough time here as both Noah & Lola have reflux so a lot to screaming and crying in our household, we have been to the Dr 4 times and are currently on Losec, thickend formula and have a back up supply of gavison if the other 2 don't work.

opps gotta go someone is crying will post more later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 2:10pm
Oh poor you Floss. What a tough time you are having. I hope the losec works for you & you can get some sleep
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:10pm
Oh Floss poor you! I have a friend who has a daughter with reflux and it's not easy at all! I can't imagine having twins with it. The good news is it does get better. Hang in there!

Topsy that's great news - you must be stoked that the 2hour feeds are actually paying their dues.

We have to feed Rowan every 3 hours until she hits the 3kg mark but sometimes (like tonight) she cluster feeds hourly for 3 hours or so. Her sleeping is generally pretty good but we find she gets unsettled if we take her out too long. I have a suspicion she would sleep at night for a 5 hour stretch if we let her (she went for 4 hours once when we forgot to set the alarm ) so I'm hanging out for that weight gain.

Sally I'm terrible at napping in the day but I'm forcing myself to because I had one bad night and it was just so hard on me that I don't want a repeat of that. I think sending your parents out to walk Liam is a good plan to get some time out.

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 1:38pm
Glad to hear all is well with your wee babes. They all seem to be well and gaining weight nicely.

Mac has now hit the 10lb mark. Was weighed today and I find it rather scary that people give birth to babies this size!!

He sleeps for a 5 hour stretch at night but am demand feeding him the rest of the time and it works out to be 2 1/2 or 3 hourly. They say formula feed babies sleep longer but I am still waiting......

I have found that I go back to bed afetr Mac's early morning feed which is usually somewhere between 5 - 6am and get another 2 hours then and that means I can avoid an afternoon nap as don't want to get into the habit and besides, I like going out too much!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 246>