FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2007 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246>
Author
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 12:41pm
Yip, toilet humour is a hit here. Mac wets himself any time someone farts. DH is not helping with the whole "pull my finger" joke (yes, I have a very mature husband )

Sponsored Links

sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 2:30pm
Jeepers Anna, what an awful thing to happen to your MIL. How old was DH when this happened? I really don't know how I'd get through that but you have no choice I guess . I thought it was bad enough that my MIL's husband (DH's Dad) ran off with her best friend!!

I will have to take more notice of Liam's sense of humour . He does like to laugh when he farts though!! I might as well get used to it now

Just waiting for the kiddies to wake up so we can go & feed the ducks
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 7:42pm
OMG Anna, your MIL must be an amazing woman! A family friend lost her husband when her kids were 1 and 3, although it wasn't an accident, it was cancer. She always impresses me with how she can refer to him naturally for her kids yet it's never awkward. But gosh, not finding his body for 8 weeks?! That would have been so hard for closure.

We have toilet humour here - it's hilarious! My dad loves it because he's the main man in Jack's life when DH is away and that sort of stuff is his parenting style (he brought us up learning to belch the alphabet).

We are doing OK here but am going to have to book Ava into the doc. She's been ill for 4 days, not eating, drinking half a bottle and is now not waking much (she wakes, but she's tired within the hour). It was viral, as we all had it, but I think hers may now be a chest infection. We shall see. I feel bad because I'm working all week and can't turn the money down as we're saving really hard for our kitchen, car and my holiday - need all the help we can get so MIL has the kids all week this week! (Oh probably didn't mention Jack's sick too, he is in a down-cycle so he's struggling with fevers and sleepiness, but they usually only last 2 weeks max so he should be better next week).
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 10:02am
Yes - toilet humour here too. When I am in the supermarket getting the monthy items, Zoe had to tell everyone "that is what mummy uses in the toilet, and they are for you", embarrasing for me .

I have just had another dose of Buccaline - take one tablet, then 2 the next day, then 4 the next day. Should be cold free for about 3 months, and it is working for me. Plus had a flu jab too.
runningmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 10:27pm
I think we may be the only house without the toilet humour. But Elise loves to 'hide' & jump out or to sneak up on people ... she's actually pretty good at sneaking too!

Madison's birthday went well. First birthday cake I've ever made - will have to put pics up on FB at some stage

Elise has chicken pox at the moment, so that's fun
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 8:45pm
Is Elise sick or normal? Lucy was very sick when she had the pox - Zoe on the other hand couldn't care a less.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 9:05pm
She's been a big cuddly grizzly bum! She's started being a bit better now, However, because of being sick she now refuses to stay in bed & won't sleep until 11pm! I am so sick of her. Hopefully if Madison gets them she is her normal self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 7:53pm
Jeepers 11pm!! No wonder you're getting sick of her . I hope she makes a quick recovery.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 9:33pm
At least on a positive note she stayed dry all day & told me she needed the potty

Chicken pox look so disgusting once they've scabed over, but at least her chin looks a lot better
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 9:17am
Has anyone got this virual infection?? Lucy was sick for 4 days last week and now she has kindly passed it onto me. Feel like ! If it was a headcold I could cope with this, but feeling tired all the time, not eating and coughing is the pits!

Sorry to hear about your Gran Kirstyn, big hugs from us.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 6:14pm
That sounds so miserable Lisha. Hope it goes away soon. We've been ok here sof ar. Fingers crossed it continues.

And hugs from us too Kirstyn. At least she's not suffering any longer

How's everyone else going? We were doing so well with this thread but we seem to have disappeared again!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 8:57pm
Hugs Lisha, that's what we all had. Ava lost a kg cos every time she coughed she vomitted. It's known as the 100 day cough - joy.

I have a feeling I've now got strep throat though, had it a few times. Either that or tonsilitis. Can't swallow and losing my voice but still have 2 days of work to go so it'll have to wait til the weekend!
kakapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 9:08pm

So sorry to hear about your Gran Kirstyn .

And bummer about the viral infection Lisha ETA and Emz - just read your post too .  We all have colds, but its not too bad.  I'm just annoyed cause I know it'll take me ages to shake it as I'm so sleep deprived.  Freaking out we'll catch swine flu next .

Other than that we're good Sally .  I've been trying to wean myself off OhBaby a bit, as seem to spend too much time on the net.  Have been listening to lots of new music instead.  So cute, Jimmy sometimes runs up to DH's 'ta-ta' (won't call it guitar?) and strums along and tries to sing to something that's blaring out of the speakers.  Neither of us can play a single instrument (the guitar is a recent TM purchase) but I'm really keen for the kids to learn if they show an interest.  My brother plays bass in a band in Melbourne and it looks like heaps of fun.

Hope you're doing OK Emz.  Can't believe that army guy was from Feilding too.  Chantel is right, bad things come in threes, so that better be it for the town.  I went to high school with Chantel (we were in the same year) ...you guys know each other from antenatal class right?

Loving all the new photos of the boys on FB Peanut and Sally.  Scary how they grow up so fast huh?  Leah is already rolling over from back to front ... want her to stay a baby for a wee bit longer.  She is definitely our last - DH had the snip last week.  We had to drive an hour south of here for the operation, was the most bizarre thing to drive into the wilderness for that sort of thing hahaha!

Edited by kakapo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 7:51pm
thank you for the support greatly appreciated.

Been so busy since Wednesday helping organise things. Dad wanted us all to contribute, to make it a family thing. Gran would've liked that. I did up the slide show of photos. Was pretty cool finding ones from her wedding & 21st! Got to make 2 trips (not myself) to the airport to pick up family flying in from Oz, & one to pick up DH! Funeral is on Monday & I may be getting up to do a reading, depending on how much am crying LOL saw Gran today at the funeral home, she looks at peace. But she looked at peace when she 'stopped working'. That's how I explained it to Elise. Gran was going to stop working, like the batteries stop working in toys & things. Figured was something she might be likely to understand. Never thought I would have to try to explain death to her so soon

well, enough about us really. If anybody wants to catch up after Wednesday next week let me know. We're here (auckland) until the 23rd
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 11:11am
That sounds really lovely Kirstyn. And yes very hard to explain death to kids, Jack was only 11 months when my grandad died so he wanted to poke him to wake him up

Anna, yeah I know Chantel through AN class and also we used to work together (she's still a SAHM but I'm back at the law firm). Small world eh?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 2:00pm
We would have loved to have caught up with you all ripcurl but we're heading down to Mum & Dad's on Thursday morning. DH left yesterday so we're off on a wee holiday too . I hope the funeral goes well tomorrow. Will be thinking of you all.
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 9:48am
You aren't driving down are you Sally???!! Long way! How long are you down here for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 2:00pm
God no Lisha!! That would be my worst nightmare . We're flying straight down this time so won't be in Chch. We'll be down for just over 2 weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runningmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 9:04pm
Yeah Sally that would have been a long drive LOL hope the flight goes well, even though you probably will get this after you fly.

I managed to get up & read a poem for Gran on behalf of the grandkids. Surprised myself actually. Broke down watching the slide show with the song "Hallelujah", then when I helped Elise put a teddy bear in the coffin & then again when was pall bearing. Can't believe a week has gone by without her already!

My sister has her 21st next Monday, so that will be bittersweet. But we've got her a pandora charm bracelet with a charm that will hopefully remind her a little of Gran

anyway, enough of my crappy week! Hope you are all having good times & we are off to see my Nana tomorrow
Lisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 7:10pm
Where is everyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246>