FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch & April 2008 Mummies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 273>
Author
LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 5:04pm
I hear what you are saying about falling asleep while feeding Emma, Liam is a bit like that, although there has been a couple of times during the day that I have left him to cry and he has settled. I hate doing it too but I sometimes think it is the only way. My mw would say "he's too young for you to let him CIO". All I can say is that it has worked the couple of times I have done it - he has been fed, clean nappy, burped, so nothing else can be wrong with him. I have no suggestions unfortunately Emma as I sometimes wonder if my boy has got his night and day muddled up as well, as I have to wake him during the day usually and he seems to love being up for 2 hours when he wakes during the night (which yes it does my head in big time.

We had a pretty crap night last night so certainly sleep deprived today.

What does Ben think of his little sister? By the way she is so cute and so much hair too!!!

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 5:06pm
Oh yeah dosn't help either that Liam sometimes has trouble bringing up his wind, and then he gets the hiccups. I just keep telling myself its not forever and they can't tell you what is wrong.

Any suggestions for wind?

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 9:24pm
Sophia looks gorgeous Emma
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 10:29am
Oh Dawn, know how you feel today!

We had an ok night she woke up coutless times but I just fed her and apart from an hour at 4am she did go back to sleep, problem is she is ultra sleepy during the day and its impossible to wake her....god its hard aye, especially when our bodies are yelling for a rest!

We just all went to pak n save, family of 4, and it was a huge mistake, I held it together in there but had to drop ben of at my mums on the way home and a have huge cry, she was like oh I was wondering when the 3 days blues would kick in, feel like a failure, not nice although I know it will pass, told dh to go surfing and leave me and sophia to have a good cry on the couch

Sorry for being so down ladies, we are so lucky really , its just our hormones and lack of sleep aye!

As for wind dawn, ben was chronic with it, i found putting him in a deep warm bath helped and rubbing his tummy whilst cycling his legs always brought something out..or good old bounching on the knee for 10 minutes... but that didn't always work.. Good luck

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 12:56pm
Emma - hope you are feeling ok and having a bit of time out from the boys helps

Dawn - Sorry no advice on wind, Ollie was (and still is!) a good burper. Hope this bub is too.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 3:04pm
We had a better night last night, woke to feed him at 8pm and he was back in bed by 9.15pm after a bath. Then he woke at 12.45am and it took me 2 hours to get him back down again (flamin wind again, but once he bought it up he fell asleep on my lap). Nice and peaceful. He then woke at 5.30am to which he only fed for 1/2 hour and back down again and awake by 7.45am. Got him down at 10.15am but only for 20 mins when he woke crying and then it took me till 12pm to get him down, but he has been asleep since then (tried the cooled boiled water trick, and it seemed to work). If Liam doesn't wake then 3.30pm I will be waking him (and also Lockie). Sent DH down to pick up Lockie's birthday cake for his party tomorrow. Oh yip you're game I hear you saying!!! Got my BIL's 40th tonight but we are only going for an hour or so, that will be enough and the nerves will start kicking in.

Emma - big big big , its all normal, you'll be fine, its called exhaustion and lack of sleep. Perfectly normal. I must say I have had my moments in the middle of the time when I just wish I would wake up and its all a dream. But when I look down at him I wouldn't be without him for a second and I just keep reminding myself its not forever. I think what makes it harder is that we are at the stage of getting your life back together as our wee ones are now little people and at such a cool age, and when you go back to the baby stage they can't do anything for themselves and they are solely dependent on us.

On a really cute note I was trying to burp Liam this morning and I had him over my knee and Lockie came along with his cars and trucks and placed them on Liam's back so he could play with them. It was so adorable, he loves his little brother to bits.

Right had better go and make this dessert for the 40th tonight.

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 7:31pm
Well I've finally made it back onto the computer, 3 weeks after Rohann's birth!
Congratulations to all you March Mummies!!!!
A lot of you won't know me as I was previously posting on the due Feb thread until my little girl decided to be 8 days over!! But my name is Tiffany and I recently had my wee girl (well not that wee at 9lb 2oz) Rohann. The birth went very well, apart from having to transfer to Chch Womans in an ambulance while pushing (something I DON'T reccommend) due to meconium in my waters (but she was never distressed at any stage). But I was still able to have a natural delivery as planned (just an episiostmy) even with 3 hours of pushing.
Things have been pretty good at home, have just had a feeding issue which is all sorted now. My DH has been wonderful, loving being a Daddy (very hands on) and really not looking forward to going back to work after easter. She is a great night sleeper and is starting to improve during the day, especially since we've implamented a bit of a routine. But she seems very good, were able to take her to her first birthday party at 1 week old!
So look forward to chatting and getting to know all you March Mummies!!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 7:52pm
*lurking* wind...gripe water:) oh adn when Ethan got to 4 weeks it was heaps better..cause they dont recommend cooled boiled water for bf bubs...

oh and hey tiff..we will miss you:( (are you coming to meetup on 29th?) *lurker out*
Mum to two amazing boys!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 11:46am

*another lurker replaces last lurker*

Wow March babies!  .... Thats means I should feel like an "old hand" by now (but I dont)

We used gripe water when Isabelle was having trouble with wind ....now if we cant get any up by normal methods it usually comes up after having her flat to change her ... then lifting her up over my shoulder.

*lurker out*

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 10:46am
Hi there Tiff and welcome to the March bubbas.

Sounds like gripe water seems to do the trick. I had this recommended to me by a friend as well, so looks like I should invest in some. He is usually pretty good but some seems to get stuck occasionally, and when that happens it takes forever to get him down and ends in an overtired bubba. When he goes down though he sleeps like a legend.

Right off for my shower while the house is all quiet.

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 12:12pm
Hope everyone has had a good easter, ours has been pretty quiet with not too many visiors which is nice. DH went to help a friend build a deck on Friday so that was the first time Rohann and I had been left to our own devices (for longer than half an hour that is) so it was a nice warm up to Tuesday when DH finally goes back to work. She seems to be quite a good cruisy baby at this stage (touch wood!!) as yesterday we went to a friends for lunch, gave her a feed when we got there, she had a 'play' on her mat for a while then went down to sleep in her carrycot in the next room no worries and slept for an hour and half, even with a 3 year old racing around!! But the best thing was last night we put her down at 8.30 and she didn't wake up until 3.30!!!! I couldn't believe it, I have to say though it did give me quite a fright as I woke before her and saw the time and was about to jump out of bed to check her when I heard a squeak...whew....the relief! And she has given us her first smiles!!! They are definately smiles too not just gas as the are more controlled and she keeps doing them when I do the same things to her. It's just too cute, especially as she has her dad's dimples!!

Edited by Tiff
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 12:14pm
I forgot to say, Rohann is forever getting the hiccoughs though they don't seem to bother her much (usually after she has burped) though in saying that she would often get them several times a day when she was in my tum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 3:34pm
Liam is the same with hiccups Tiff although he won't go to sleep if he has them so I have to sometimes give him another drinkie if he hasn't got rid of them by then. I think its quite a common thing in babies, and Liam was the same when inside me.

It's amazing what babies can sleep through Liam is getting used to having a 2 year old running around screaming and carrying on, so hopefully he want be a light sleeper.

That's a great night sleep from Rohann, the most we have got is 6 hours but that hasn't happened for a while. We seem to get getting 3-4 hours at night and I have to wake him 3 1/2 hourly during the day if he hasn't woken before then.

Emma how are things going?

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 8:50pm
Lurker in -

Tiff when i was pregnant Kylah got hiccups all the time,and when she was born she got hem too, and she still does, everytime she laughs she will get hiccups, they dont bother her tho

Lurker out -
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2008 at 9:04pm
Lurker in!

I have heard Gripe water is great but used to make T spew!
I found Infacol great, but had to use it with each feed, takes awhile to get it in their systems but it solved all our problems which sound very similar to yours. Also have heard the weleda colic powder is good but havent tried it myself

good luck ladies and enjoy!
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 3:53am
We're having the same wind problems here Dawn. This is the reason I haven't been online much this week.

Eimear is impossible to wind and, as a result, impossible to settle. We find she's more of a farter than a burper though and the feed after the difficult one we get a musical coming out her bum by lying her on our lap or on the floor and rubbing her back.

Even when we do settle her without a successful wind, if we put her flat in the cot she'll wake up after 10 minutes crying. She's spending alot of time in her rocker this week.

She's turning into a little miss chubby as a result. She looks like she's hungry sometimes when she's just windy.
It's a shame it's not Aoife as she's the one the doctors want us to fatten up more!

We have gripewater and the colic powder. Gripewater seems to be helping, haven't used the colic powder yet.
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 7:57am
me again sorry!

Just remembered that when i rang plunket about wind when T was little they suggested slightly raising top of the bed by putting a phone book or something under the mattress. That did help! Also cycling legs, holding them and moving their hips around in circles

It does get better as they grow! Just stick to a very plain diet that seemed to make a difference too
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 11:18am
Yeah I'm trying to cut out dairy and caffeine which is hard at Easter
Zacksmum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zacksmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 11:40am
Just have a little look at what has been happening in the world of the newborns!
Great to see everyone is doing great.
Cant waitt ill mine finally comes and i can join in too.
Hope you feel better soon Emma, sending you big hugs.

Also hope the babies with wind problems start settling down for you all as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 4:36pm
I wondered where you got to Tishy. This wind business is nasty stuff but it can't be that pleasant for them either.

I think my little man plays on it a wee bit and he knows when I put him in his bassinette as that is when he starts crying again and then I pick him up and he stops. I don't know I still haven't figured this one out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 273>