FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedImplantation Bleeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Implantation Bleeding
    Posted: 19 March 2008 at 12:15pm
I have done a little research about this online, so have a fair idea what to expect.

I think I had implantation bleeding last night. There was a slight amount of red blood after going to the toilet twice in a short space of time (yes im needing to pee alot this last week lol)...then later on a tiny bit of brown mucous. I have read this is all normal for implantation bleeding. For me, I have not had this with my other pregnancies. Oh, and it hasn't been there today.

Anyway....I am wanting to read about personal experiences of this...not just some articles on random websites lol.

So if you have experienced this, would you mind sharing your story? I am sure there are other TTC'rs who would be keen to know.

I would also like to know how long the implantation bleeding lasted for because this is something I havent been able to find info on.

Thankyou so much
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 12:27pm
I would be keen to know too as I think I had that a couple of weeks ago. I had 2-3 days of brown bleeding like the start or end of AF. In fact I was pretty sure AF was starting but it never picked up and hey presto I am PG. I also had a couple of spots like you described about 2 weeks prior to that.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 3:42pm
My midwife is pretty sure I had inplantation bleeding with this pregnancy. We are asuming thats what it was cos I had a scan at 6 weeks and all was well and there was no sign of where the bleeding could have come from.

What happened was, I was about 5 weeks along and I noticed I had a blood stained mucus, only happened the once then it was brown after that, I keep staining brown for about a week or two thats why I ended up having a scan.

Cos there was no explanation for my bleed, my MW figures it was inplantation. I got a positive test result fairly early...like 3 1/2 weeks pregnant although it was VERY light, and a definitle BFP at 4 weeks when AF was due, then just after that I got the bleeding.
I dont really understand it all but maybe I inplanted later or something, or the baby inplanted itself then a little while later I had some bleeding as it burrowed in more...

But Im pretty sure my bleeding was to do with inplantation of some sort.

Edited by Sheza

Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 7:42pm
Thanks for the Sheena.

My understanding was implantation bleeding will take place before you af is 'due'? But I am now wondering if it can happen later?
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:01pm
Hi. I had implantation bleeding with Elle 3 days after my positive test so at about day 30 of my 27 day cycle. I thought it was too late for it but the docs confirmed that it can happen later than you expect. It was a little bit of red and was only there for a few wipes one afternoon then it was all gone. Very scary though!
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:13pm
I never had it at all with Maya, had some the day after my BFP with the gremlins (so 13dpo), I was gutted with myself for testing coz I thought it was going to be an early m/c and wished I hadn't tested so I'd never known I was preg. But it was only spotting, bright red but not much and it only lasted a few hours.

I had some brown mucous spotting about a week after my BFP with this one (so about 5 weeks preg) which may have been implantation spotting, but may also have been related to the two later episodes of brown mucous I had.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 8:54am
I had some more blood this morning (so about 36hrs after first lot)...but still not much. Not requiring a pad or anything. Still feeling pretty gutted though. I had spotting 2 days before af last month so wondering if this is the same. Feeling rather gutted though as still bd'd around the right time. I will still going to test this morning, just in case it was implantation bleeding...but tipped the sample down the loo. Bit disheartning. I still hope its IB; guess I'll know in the next day or two.
Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:07am
Originally posted by nzpiper nzpiper wrote:

I would be keen to know too as I think I had that a couple of weeks ago. I had 2-3 days of brown bleeding like the start or end of AF. In fact I was pretty sure AF was starting but it never picked up and hey presto I am PG. I also had a couple of spots like you described about 2 weeks prior to that.

I'm just wondering what made you test? This is how my 'spotting' is turning out now.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 9:18am
What made me test? I have only had one real Af since Tom was born and that was in January. 30 days later I got a couple of spots. Enough for me to think "here we go, Af starting, pretty regular too". But nothing came of it....didnt even need a panty liner. Then 2 weeks later still no AF and got what I thought was the start of AF. Much more than the spotting originally. Used a pantyliner, then the next day thought I would need more but didnt and by the third day it was gone. I wondered then if it could be IB and tested but misread the instructions on the test and threw it away too early (Duh!!!!).

It wasnt until the next day when I thought....I'll do another just because that I thought I got a faint BFP (again doing the test wrong and throwing it out too soon. Finally I read the instructions word for word and did it again....totally expecting a BFN and it was a BFP.

So what made me test....a little bit of hope
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 10:06am
i had no implanatational bleeding but bleeding later on....and doc told me dont know if hes right) that implanatational bleeding is just a spot or two.anything else is something else..and in my case just old blood releasing around when AF was due 4,8 weeks.
Mum to two amazing boys!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 11:08am
I had a 2 day light period when AF was a week late. I only tested because I had really sore boobies and felt ridiculously tired.

I also had the brown mucous at around 7 weeks, nothing after that though.

Good luck with testing
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 10:42am

Just bumping this thread up as I *think* I might have had some of this bleeding today after BD'ng?  Never had that before and with an LP of 11-12 days generally, AF should be here today or tomorrow. I took an HPT this morning at 12DPO and got a  BFN.

So now I'm just not sure if I'm not pg.... or if I AM pg and that was implantation bleeding? Also had some mild cramping afterwards but both that and the spotting are completely gone now. Still have PSN and incrediable tiredness. Not temping this month so not sure if my temps are up.

Any ideas?

Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 11:25am
I hate to say it but I think this is one of those, it could be either way and you just have to wait and see situations. Don't you hate those!
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 11:28am

Yes I do hate it  but I guess it is what it is and there's not a lot I can do either way really. Argh just frustrating. Now DP has gone and complicated things by saying 'oh that could be from my thigh, I cut it playing rugby yesterday'! lol but it doesn't look like fresh blood IYKWIM. And I've had nothing since either which is weird. Normally if AF comes, it's a bit of brown staining then WHAM HELLO lol.

*mutter mutter*

Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 11:35am
I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:40am
Is there anyone out there who has had implantation bleeding closer to OV? I'm only 5-6 DPO and spotting...
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 3:44pm
Could be bleeding with ovulation treen, it can happen that when the egg bursts out you can get some spotting.

5-6 DPO would be a bit earlier for implantation.. though if you ov'd a few days earlier than you thought than it could be implantation bleeding.

Fingers crossed for you chicken.

Treen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:22pm
Thanks Melnel, according to my Maybe Baby, I was bang on for OVing last Monday. However hadn't BDed since the Thurs before. Spotting on days 5 and 6 DPO, then nothing. Tender boobs, too. However saying that, I had tender boobs right throughout May and that ended in nothing. Ha! I thought this baby making business would be easy.
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 8:28am
Dont we all hun!

Not sure if a maybe baby has the same reasoning as an OPK, but with an OPK its just a guide that ovulation is about to happening. The cycle I conceived this bubba, I had a surge around CD14 but didnt ovulate and then had another surge at CD19 and did ovulate! I know maybe baby is reading an increase in hormones but not sure if its the same principal. Could be that you caught the end of the surge but had already ovulated? Not sure....

Good luck chicken, hope it is implantation and you have ov'd earlier not later!!!!

LukesMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukesMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 4:50pm
Well, I presume I had IB, the day after I'd had a POS home test I had some red bleeding, a couple of wipes worth (no cramps) - we'd just got home from a friends house so I went to bed and told DH, we'd see in the morning. Still there in the morning and then freaked out - called a midwife (I didn't have one yet, only just found out I was PG) she told me these things happen and I would prob lose the baby.. I stayed in bed all day (crying my eyes out) and it lasted all that day (about 24hrs) I went to the GP the following day and had to have blood tests and a scan 2 weeks later 'cause I was only 4 weeks PG scan showed everything was good but the blood tests showed my HGC levels weren't rising as much as they should and on one occasion they dropped, again I was told twice more that I would lose my baby    He stuck fast though and now he's 13 months old and I love him more than he'll ever know!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>