FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril/ May 07 Toddlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 10:52pm
Just rambling so ignore me if you want. But I just had a sudden shock at how much my little girl has grown up this year! I was looking at some photos of her from Xmas and realised that less than 6 months ago she wasn't even crawling yet and now she is running and talking!!
It has really blown me away and I am a little sad about it
We were at the park today and she was walking away from me so i said 'bye bye Sam' and she waved, turned slightly and said 'bye bye'. It was so cute! Almost as good as yesterday when she came up to me and patted me on the arm and said 'good girl' (I still don't know if she meant me or her)

Sponsored Links

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 9:09am
I have those moments all the time Sterryn, I cry sometimes looking at Jeremy and how grown up he is.
Tash, poor you, it is so hard to give your baby to somebody else to look after....mind you, not so hard the second time around. Jeremy is starting daycare with Cailin one day a week in 2 weeks time and I am so damn excited about having a morning a week to myself you can't believe

Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 9:10am
oh and wah hooo, page three

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 12:03pm
I cant believe it either. Caleb has become such a little man. I dont quite know when it happened, I look back at photos and can't believe he used to be so small. problem is looking at baby pictures are starting to make me a bit clucky.

Although not this week, we are all sick and it isnt fun at all, although Caleb only has a snotty nose now, and it is just DH and I that feel terrible.

I am not sure if I mentioned it but we have cut 1 molar and have another one not far off so up to a count of 9 teeth.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 12:14pm
9 teeth! It sounds like so mnay for these little people to have   We have 7 definites and 4 on the way! One molar is through all the way and the other 3 have little prongs poking through so they shouldn't be long either hopefully

It is cold here today - Brrr. Probably nothing compared to you other girls further down the country but I am a wimpy Auckland girl!

Sam has started fighting the day naps again!!! The last two mornings I have had to resort to CIO (which I hate to do) and it is has still taken up to 30 minutes for her to go to sleep! Little ratbag!

Anyway, must go - sheets to change, vacuming to do etc etc

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:35pm
We have a nap fighter too. We are down to 1 sleep around lunchtime if we are lucky. The other day he was tired and I was trying to quickly finish something before I fed him and put him to sleep and he got up on the coffee table laid down and whinged until I stopped. Went to sleep pretty quickly though so must have been really tired.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 9:57am
LOL Caleb climbing on the table    I can just see him doing that too!

It is weird though, Sam goes to bed at night with no complaints. Just rolls over and goes to sleep. Maybe it is more a wind down thing as at night we do the whole bedtime routine where as during the day it is bottle and bed

So cute, I just got fed by my 1 year old. She has a emtpy measuring cup and spoon and keeps feeding me like I am the baby

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:29pm
Thought I better post!   

What clever kiddies we all have!

Sam has two ear infections. :( And a cough and a runny nose, so he's on antibiotics now.   He's had a pretty rough day, starting off grazing his chin on a little table, banging his cheek at the doctors, getting a scratch on the hand from the cat, and that's all on top of his nasty cold!

He's running and climbing everything now! And was weighed at the doctors today at 12.1KG, so he's a big boy! Very tall too.

He doesn't talk much, but says dada, mama, nana and various chicken type noises.   And his new thing is if you say 'all gone' he will hum it back to you in the same tone.

And I didn't realise how much kids love to put things in the toilet!!

Better get back to my little man, he's not feeling too good.

Would love to have a meet up with all the April/May mums and babies!
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 9:59pm
Lol at the feeding thing Sterryn. We get it a bit to these days but usually he thinks it is a big joke to make us take bites of his food. Worse part is when he thinks he should try and jam random bits of rubbish past our closed lips. Does not make for a happy mummy.

Renee I am sorry to hear Samuel isn't doing too good. Hopefully he feels better soon. I know what you mean about the toilet though. We try to be very careful and keep the door closed at all times so he can't get in there.
I will have to organise to get over there and see you at some stage in the near future.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 10:15pm
Yay, Renee. I am so glad you posted. I often wonder how you and that gorgeous son are

I'm sorry to hear he has been in the wars though. Poor wee boy! They are tough wee things though aren't they!!!

I would love to meet up at some stage too - we will definitley have to do that. We have some stuff going on at the moment, but once we are sorted we hope to come down that way for a few day trips and have a look around at prospective new homes   Yes we are looking at moving to the Waikato
Anyway, I will definitely contact you before we do so we can arrange to met up.
If you are interested, i would love to go to the Hamilton Zoo sometime as well. Hopefully we could con Julie & Caleb to come too

Anyway, I am supposed to be doing my Power Point assignment - so better go do that

mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:02am

Hi All

im new to this and was introduced by my friend who is in the jan2008 thread- i have an April07 baby and its funny to see when i was looking for this thread i was surprised to find it in the toddler section!

im also in the Dec08 thread...do go figure

its amazing to read some of the things my baby girl also does....

is everyone walking? iv been trying with baby for ages...but perhaps being 13kgs might have somthing to do with it

mum2sam i gained 30kgs during pregnancy and had only 3kgs to go til i reached my prepregnancy weight when i found out i was pregnant--i was pretty gutted and now nearly 15wks pregnant ive gained 13kgs back! but now that MS is going away i should be able to control it more.....

can i ask what a SAHM is? and Skyfly im enrolling in a sewing night class in august....i really want to sew and think i can do better than some of the things in the store...

anyway thats me....hope everyone has a good day and hope im not bursting a bubble already made....

[/url]
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 11:57am
Hi mrshouse, and congratulations on your up coming arrival. Welcome to our thread, you are definatley welcome to join us, we always love new faces. Where in the country are you located?

My name is Julie and my little boy Caleb is walking but he has been in a hurry to do everything so I have been having to chase him since he was 8.5 months old.

A SAHM is a stay at home mum. Good on you for taking a sewing class, I love being able to make different things to what is in stores, gives so much more variety.

Hehehe Sterryn I see you have announced it publically even if it is still a while away yet. Squeeee I am so excited though. I hope you weren't up all night with you assignment.
We are so keen on the idea of the zoo, DH and I keep thinking we need to take Caleb over now that he is so interested in animals.

Argghhh I am so over the Domino's Techno Chicken dance. DH showed to Roo the other day and he has been addicted to it. It is so cute when he gets so excited and starts dancing to it.
It is actually pretty funny the first time, but trust me when you have had to play it 10 times in a row as he keeps hitting the buttons to try make it go it is enough.
Chicken dance
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 4:39pm
Hi Mrshouse and welcome   Definitely the more the merrier around here. Its a great place to tell your toddler horror stories

I am Sterryn and my daughter is Samantha. She has been walking now since she was 10.5 months old. trust me it is over-rated though. She can just move faster to the stuff she shouldn't be in now   In saying that she is just a wee dot of a thing. Last weigh in was 8.88kgs.

Julie - DAMN YOU!!! I watched the chicken dance against my better judgement and now Sam is addicted too!   It is awful but so funny at the same time.
I finished my assignment around midnight. It was quite fun and a good reason to show off my gorgeous wee girl in our favourite cloth nappies!

I am so excited now too. Now that the decision has been made February can't come around too soon for my liking!!!

Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 6:04pm
LOL I did tell you that it was trouble. Glad to hear you got the assignment done though.
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:16pm
Oh YAY Sterryn, you're moving down here! Sam and Sam will be able to play together.   Hopefully we will all get to do the zoo thing soon.

Sam is feeling a little better today, infact, I'm sure some of the medicine he was given is making him even more hyperactive (I think I might have the most full-on child ever created anyway). Sam runs around at 100 miles an hour, laughing his head off, touching everything. Cute, but tiring.

Welcome mrshouse! My name is Renee and I am a solo mum to Sam, who was born on the 22nd of May.   We are living with my mum at the moment who is a weight loss consultant, and so far I've lost 25kg! WOOOO, go me!

I need to post more!

Hope everyone is well.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:49pm
Woah Renee, 25kgs!!!! You go girl!
I have watched the biggest loser and the 1/2 ton women tonight so am feeling quite motivated to actually do something about mine! Tomorrow is the day i start doing some exercise - about blimmin time. That is not counting the walking to the park etc that we already do either. I am hoping to get up bright and early and do something before Sam wakes up. I think it is really my only option

And Renee....you do need to post more!!! We miss you around here

My Sam runs 100 miles an hour too. She loves getting outside and running around on our patio and grass. She just runs around singing little songs and laughing at herself. It is so cute!!!

mrshouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 10:25am

goodmorning all

Wow Renee 25kgs! how much more do you have to go?

Sterryn im with you with trying to get more exercise.... i couldnt stay up through half ton mum and biggest looser-lol but i definitely want to start....

Ane's nose has been running since yesterday but i wanted to walk up to the shops and get sum stuff....too scared it will make her more sick

[/url]
Skyflame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyflame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 10:43am
Wahoo Renee, that is fantastic news about the weight loss. Glad to hear that Sam is feeling better too.

Aww sorry to here Ane has a cold we have had a snotty nose all week (well it has really been a household epidemic) although it has been a lot better so far this morning and he is actually able to breathe through his nose again.

Anyway I had better go hang out the washing. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 1:07pm
wah hooo, from no postings for a week our little thread has gone mad! So good to have you back Renee, we've missed you...well done on your weight loss, thats awesome.
and welcome to you Mrshouse, your weight loss and gains seems to be exactly as mine, I put on 28 kgs with Cailin then got to 1kg off goal and got myself preganant again. I only gained 20kgs with Jermey and about a month ago got to goal...but have to admit very disappointed with it, 65kgs post babys is nothing like 65kgs before 2 kids...ah well, now I am exersising to try and tone up a bit.

Yay for Taranaki, we are hosting an All Blacks game, very very excited, when we lived in London we got to go to so many AB games and I miss them so much. Fingers crossed we get tickets

Yay for Sterryn for moving South, you are getting closer to me now, maybe I could come up to Hamilton one weekend and we could all go shopping......what is the reason for your move

Oh Julie, now that is a very sad but very funny chicken dance...so very very happy that I watched it without Cailin around, we would never see the end of it....

NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 2:53pm
Can I join you guys, I have been on here for a few months now but mainly in the TTC section

Neosha is a 26th of MAY baby

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>