FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMay 2008 mums [:)]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 83>
Author
JPP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 2:17am
Well my first post in the baby thread! I am sooooo exhausted the little man has been on my boobs for hours and just won't stop grizzling so have left him with DP for a milo break then gonna get back to it. I know its just next day baby grizzles and that he'll settle in the next few days but I've hardly slept since my lovely 17 hour labour and am struggling at the mo. You think it'd all come back so quickly and naturally but a 6 year break between bubs is a bit of an unexpected hurdle. I'll be back on again later hopefully all rested and laughing at myself for this post but right now it's 2am and I don't feel like laughing

Sponsored Links

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:50am
jadey and gill

it isnt easy aye?!! im still all emotional and exhausted and with my history of depresssion after my first two girls it makes me a little nervous- hoping i dont head down the same path.

last night i just couldnt be bothered, was in tears at one of toby's feeds i just wanted to sleep hubby stayed home and im only just getting up now, but really want to be in bed!

gill- that is so nice of ruth to go to the scan with you and im more than happy to wait to meet up with you when you are free, sounds like we could do with some adult time and some support!!

xoxox
hooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 8:49am
gill and jadey and to you Rach.

Mw came yesterday Xavier has put on another 200gm in a week up to 3.6kg now.
Poor little bugger has thrush in his mouth, i have it around both nipples very painfull, not much fun feeding him at the moment.

Goodluck for friday Gill, its good that Ruth is going with you.
Desiree

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:06am
wow!! xavier is doing great!!

toby gained 80g in 5 days, he is now 4kg!! lol cutie, took my girls months to get to 4kg and my boy is 4kg at 2 weeks! lol.

owch on the thrush sounds sore... i have been lucky not to get it but i remember my sister having it owey.
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:30am
Hi all,
Gradually all of those may babies are arriving - Yay.
Thanks for the hugs! Its amazing how some days thats really what you need.

Already 1 week old - eek where did that week go?

My little man managed just over 3 hours last night in one stretch so I feel like I got some sleep, woohoo! He had a big feed at 10 am and then vomitted it up but has settled back to sleep so not sure when the next feed will be. Is everyone doing demand feeding?
Gill

rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:33am
Great weight gains. Hoping Morgan will be weighed when I see Ruth on Friday.

DH boss gave him 6 days off which is great but it is horrible to think that it is almost coming to an end. He goes back to work on Friday and I think he is starting to dread it more than me! (funny thing is that he enjoys his job and still doesnt want to go back!)
Gill

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 12:07pm
yeah, im demand feeding, wanting to get into more of a demand/routine feeding though! lol...
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:56am
Finally! I can legitimately post in here!

I'm on strict rest at the moment to try and improve my eyesight so while DD1 is at creche and DD2 is asleep I thought I'd come in here and do a quick write up the birth story and catch up on things. How is everyone doing today? I'm still in the 4 day babymoon period where DD2 is sleeping fairly well and pretty easy to deal with...I know the sleep deprivation is coming! Big hugs to everyone.
Gill - how did the scan go? Or have you not had it yet? I've been thinking of you.

Right - birth stuff.
I had some BH on Sunday night but didn't think much of them. I posted in here I think - I slept right through the night so nothing happening then. On Monday I got up and got DD1 ready for creche. I was having some contractions fairly regularly then, about 15 minutes apart and 30 seconds long, but definitely nothing to stop me in my tracks. Had a few slightly more ouchy ones driving home from creche but put that down to sitting in the car. I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the whole house, doing washing and getting things organised, just in case I wasn't there that evening (but really thinking nothing would happen until the next day). At 1.30pm DH came home from work and we went to the appointment we had with the back up midwife. We'd had this booked since the week before so while I'd texted my mw to let her know contractions had started, I just figured I'd go see the back up and let her tell me if things were looking good or if it was false labour - which I thought it might be. Got to the mw rooms at 1.30pm and she was running late, so breathed through a few contractions in the waiting room, freaking out the obviously newly pregnant woman waiting in there (he he!). Saw the back up midwife at 1.45pm and she took my blood pressure, which was rather high, and had a few more painful contractions that I couldn't talk through. She called the midwife who said for us to meet her at the hospital to get some tests done because of my blood pressure. Back up mw said I was definitely in labour. We went home to pick up a bag (just in case) and organise mum to pick up DD1 from creche. While at home I had a huge contraction in the kitchen and felt the urge to push. So we really got moving, driving to the hospital with me kneeling in the back of the car, DH running red lights, the works! Arrived at the hospital at 2.15pm and met the midwife, who talked to me briefly and concluded we didn't have time for bloods or anything, this baby was about to arrive! Rach - I was like you, I still didn't believe it was happening so fast after waiting so long! Jumped up on the bed and knelt with my arms over the top of the raised bed. Midwife was AWESOME, encouraging and coaching the whole way, involving DH and generally fantastic. I'm so glad we changed.
I started pushing pretty much straight away. It was amazing, I really felt everything happening, I never had that sensation with DD1, it was like my body just knew what to do and with the midwife telling me to trust my instincts, I felt so much more empowered. Not in control really but like I was doing the right thing if that makes sense? The pushing was scary and I freaked out a bit, actually stopped at one point and started telling the midwife that there was no way this was going to work, this baby could not possibly fit out of me - it just wasn't logical! Lol. But got stuck in and pushed and DD2 was born at 2.50pm after 50 minutes of active labour. Whew! She was completely healthy, but gave me some grazes and a 2nd degree tear as she came out. And I'm still feeling really bruised today - pushing her out so quickly was a little traumatic! So after all that waiting, she arrived in a hurry. I'm glad we had the midwife appointment that day otherwise I may not have made it to the hospital!
Oh, and I never had a show or broken waters or anything - it all came out with the baby. And I am now sporting a lovely graze on the bridge of my nose where I kept banging my head against the metal bar at the top of the bed - I don't remember doing this at all, but apparently DH was trying to stop me!
I've not had this type of bruising before after the birth and am surprised at how tender I still am - sitting gets quite sore after a while. Is this normal?

Edited by Mazzy
Mum to two gorgeous girls!
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 11:57am
Oh, and Rach, to answer your question from the other thread, there is a 20 month age gap between our girls - almost to the day!
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 1:15pm
gill- what time is morgans scan? thinking of you xoxoxo
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 1:17pm
sounds like a great story mazzy!! owch for the brusies!! oooh great that you felt so in control, i didnt! lol.

20 months, geat gap i have almost (1 week short of) 21 between kayla and toby.
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 1:50pm
Scan at 3.10 today! Not looking forward to it really hence why I havent ben posting for a couple of days but I have been lurking. DH is now coming too as he just went in and told his boss he had to go out for a couple of hours today and I think he was a bit shocked so said no worries. Seeing Ruth (mw) as well today. Was panning on going to the hip clinic but will do that next week now.

I will post later today to update you all.

Great birth story Mazzy. I intend to write mine in a day or so!
Gill

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:25pm
yay that hubby is going with you gill hope the scan and his visit with ruth go well... xoxo
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 2:38pm
All the best for the scan Gill. Am thinking of you.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 7:07pm
Well, here's the update:
Went for the ultrasound scan this afternoon. Morgan’s bladder is enlarged and left kidney is full of fluid, possibly blocked. They couldn’t see a mass of cysts which is what they thought that they had seen through me on the ultrasound, hence why they were diagnosing multicystic dysplastic kidney. From what we saw on the screen during the ultrasound you could see a clear difference between the 2 kidneys. From what they have seen today they seem to think that there could be a few causes: renal reflux or a faulty valve or something else. They were concerned and unsure why bladder is enlarged though. Right kidney is looking “bright”. This was explained as it was over compensating for the left kidney. They were reassured that he is peeing well at the moment though.
Had a call from the paediatrician once I got home to say that I will receive a call on Monday informing me of an appointment time for Morgan to have a dye test on his bladder and kidney in the early part of next week as an outpatient. They are hoping that this will show that he has this valve problem where it has developed possibly back to front? If this is the case he will be admitted to have this valve removed/shaved away.
If he did stop peeing over the weekend to take him straight to Nelson Hospital ED.

Feeling a bit strange this evening as now feel like I know less.

On a positive note though...he has put on 75g in his first week!
Gill

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 6:29am
hopefully you'll get some answers soon gill- the wait must be awful you have a whole heap of cyber pals that are sending you lots of love and thoughts xoxox
great about his weight gain

Edited by mum2emj
erinalba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinalba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 9:22am
Big hugs to you Gill. It must be so worrying for you. Is my interpretation from what you wrote that it's a bit more positive, i.e. they can fix the kidney rather than removing it? I guess you won't really know until next week.

As Rach says, we're all here for you and sending you our love.
Sue
See my blog www.gojandal.com/wubboo

Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 1:48pm
Even more big hugs from me Gill. Not knowing must be so hard, but I hope that also means that there is a more positive result for you and Morgan. It sounds good that he is peeing well and that weight gain is awesome! As the others said, we are all here for you and sending lots of good thoughts your way.

Question for you more experienced May mums How long did your babymoon last? I got eight hours sleep last night in two four hour blocks! I know it's early days yet and remember clearly that things change very quickly in this regard, but how long did you guys get before reality hit and the new babies found their stride with crying/eating/demanding all the time? It was only 20 months ago with Isla but I've completely forgotten everything!
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 2:28pm
mine have always started bad and got better so i havent had a babymoon period as such! lol. i had to wake jade and kayla to feed them 2-3 hourly for a while because of their sizes and jades lack of growth to start with.

toby has 1 longer stint at the start of the night usually goes from between 7-8pm last feed till 11-12 then he tends to have 3 hourly feeds (so far) with the odd 2hour some nights! he hasnt really got a routine happening yet but getting there slowly (YAY!!)
rosewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 3:44pm
First night was the best for me mazzy! but i stayed awake whilst he slept as i couldnt believe i actually had a boy!
We are having 1-2 hrly feeds between 5-10pm and then he goes off for a 4hr and then a feed and then another 3-4hr sleep. sure that will change again soon (probably tonight!). Enjoy your baby moon whilst you can

Thanks for the well wishes it really is appreciated. You are all great on here.
Gill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 83>