FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedphil and teds dash vs sport model

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 1:25pm
I am pleased I went with the dash ahead of the sport. One thing that annoys me on ours though is the sunshade. Whenever I get the buggy out from being in the car the sunshade has always come to bits and is a pain to get back on again. I still don't like the buggy as much as my mountain buggy but for two kids it is pretty good really. It is definitely growing on me.
Sponsored Links

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:52pm
thanks for your feedback katie!

Is it heavy to push with 2 kids?

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 8:35am
A bit but you get used to it. I always think it is 'extra' exercise!
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 11:36pm
we have a red sports edition one and its over 2 1/2years old now
and nota a thing wrong, well apart from the stitching coming away from one of the inside zips - because the boys like to keep zipping and unzipping it while there fat bums are in it grrr
fading... nope not so much! and you can actually unscrew the whole thing and it scrubs up very well and looks brand new
we are looking at getting a new one once bubs is born so I think we will stick with the sports edition

ohh and we dont have a car so it is used practically daily! a very good pram, can get it off and on busses with ease, quite lightweight and can push it with one hand and still steer it
I recommend it
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:39am

I'm saving for my sport. I keep going back and thinking maybe I do want a dash instead, but being 'visual' person that apple green wins me over. I hardly use the brake on my buggy now, only when I'm on a slope or I feel we are in a dodgy people area.

$200 to go the that buggy is mine. 

Question, does anyone know if there are any apple grafftti ones left. I had my heart set on one, but they seem to be disappearing from online stores. I wonder if BC still has any.  

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:12pm
Kiwibaby (.com not .co.nz) have the apple graffiti Sarah, but the graffiti is $100 more

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
sally belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sally belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:16pm
Thanks for that tip weegee.

I'm currently researching P & T's too but hadn't realised that Kiwi Baby were 2 different stores depending on the co.nz or .com
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 1:23pm
We have just bought the P&T Classic double which is on special at a few places for $599. I am pretty happy with it. In a dream world i would have loved the Dash or even Vibe, but for us that extra few hundred dollars just wasn't justifiable for something that just 'looks' a bit nicer.

Sally, I won't use the Kiwibaby in Glenfield anymore. They don't have deals as good as the other stores and won't let you layby anything at sale prices. I think that is a bit of a rip off as all the bigger baby stores are happy to do that!

Pinkygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 3:07pm
I took DP to check out the Dash as I was sold on it, 3 minutes later after pushing it around the shop he liked the vibe...so we ended up with the vibe. However would have been happy to get the dash. Also I got a great price on the vibe with extras. $899 plus it included the wind/storm cover, the sun cover, a food tray thing and a drink bottle holder for free (total cost $140) from smiths city in March.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2009 at 3:31pm
we are getting a new one for bubs, and am sold on the apple grafetti! I just rang smiths city and got them to hold there LAST ONE! special price of $649.99 with toddler seat but hubby can get it for under $500.00 for both! WOOHOO
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 3:00pm
ahhh weegee, your so helpful.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:11pm
sarah, baby on the move are having a special this month, where if you buy the graffiti, you get a doubles kit free.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:40pm
We love the Vibe, but I will only get it when they release the travel system thingy for the capsule. I think it was due to be released July, anyone know if it has happened yet??

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 1:10pm
Hope2be, I noticed they have a couple of travel systems out for the vibe, but it will depend on which capsule you have or will get

Travel Systems
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 4:35pm
Yeah, the one on the website shows it with the Vibe but none of the shops I have spoken to think there is a travel system for the vibe. Will have to call Phil & Teds direct I think. We want the bebe HS capsule

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 10:09am
For anyone that is interested - the travel system for the Vibe will be available in September.

Pinkygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinkygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:35pm
Good to know. I hope the other "coming soon" products will be coming out then to for the vibe.
busybee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 8:46am
thanks guys, this has been really helpful to me. we can't decide to go for the dash or the vibe and I suppose we will have to go in and check them out. but your advice have been really helpful
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 12:06pm
silly question, can you put the capsule on with a toddler aswell?

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 10:41pm
in answer to my question... the sales person at babycty reckons you could if the toddler was small enough to fit in the toddler seat on the bottom. Not sure I would do it for a long time but a quick supermarket run maybe...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>