FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJuly 2008 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 762>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 8:21pm
My wide awake girl last night...

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 8:25pm
*just lurking* She is sooooooo beautiful Emma!! Ok, leaving now...
Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 10:50pm
Beautiful pix of wee Chiara Emma!! What a cutie Wow, she had an excellent night last night! I wish Tilly would sleep like that! She is still feeding every three hours or so during the night. We are still having trouble with her spilling - don't know if that is the result of overfeeding - since we are comping with formula - or perhaps she is intolerant to her formula??

Parenthood certainly kicked our ass tonight - didn't get to have our cold & burnt dinner till 9pm...Georgia was teething and absolutely miserable...Matilda spilled all over herself while sitting in the bouncinette, then as I was changing all her clothes & nappies she decided to do a big poo, then spill up more & then wee everywhere! Then had to bath her... put Georgia to bed... Michael and I were shattered once we got to sit down & eat dinner.It certainly made a difference having my Mum here... we got to quite like the 3adult to 2 baby ratio! Emma - I take my hat off to you - I don't know quite how you do it!
Here is some pix of Matilda having her bath...

kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 10:11am
Look at these beautiful baby girls, we sure do have some good breeding stock in the July Babies thread!!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 10:47am
Believe me Kimmies I am terrified about what will happen when mum goes home! I'm outnumbered by children!
Chiara is quite spilly too, yesterday she brought up a whole feed at one point, and then small spills with all her other feeds. I'm hoping it's just spilling and not a sign that she's going to be a refluxer like the gremlins - must say that the big sour milk spill yesterday brought back memories
She did 4 hours overnight last night but was a bit of a mission to settle after her 6am feed, I was just getting her back to sleep when Maya came in and that woke her up and we had to start all over again.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 10:54am
Do you have a nanny or someone who can help you? My friend has a nanny (who is very reasonably priced) with her on Mondays and Thursdays...I am very much considering employing her in our house from time to time!

Sorry to hear Chiara is quite spilly too. How did you cope with the Gremlins reflux? I have been looking into reflux on the internet - I need to talk to my midwife about it when she comes on Monday to check in on Matilda again. Do you need to get it confirmed by a doctor?? It was interesting that she had a 100ml bottle after midnight (since my supply was low) and she didn't spill at all... but she spilled after breastfeeding off me? Could it be my milk?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 11:16am
Yep, I have a nanny 4 days a week so am lucky in that respect, I'm going to need her just to be able to get out of the house!

I didn't cope well at all with the gremlins reflux! Theirs turned out to be allergy related, they were reacting to something in my breastmilk and once we weaned them onto Neocate (allergy formula) at 3 mths the reflux stopped. It was awful while it lasted tho, poor things screamed 24-7 and after every feed they'd have a little cough then projectile the whole feed across the room. Maya learnt to call muslin cloths 'spew cloths' coz we couldn't feed them without a supply of cloths on hand.

If Matilda is coping with the formula it's unlikely to be your breastmilk, coz formula is generally worse reflux-wise. It could be a time of the day thing ie. she's more spilly in the mornings when you have more milk or your milk flow is faster, or in the evenings when she has to work harder coz your supply is lower and she takes in more wind. It's all trial and error.

We had Mercedes seen by a paediatrician, he observed her feeding and diagnosed the reflux but she also ended up in hospital twice when she stopped breathing and they think that was reflux related. She was on meds for it,but we never medicated Sienna, I kept trying to convince myself that she didn't have it coz the thought of TWO refluxers was too overwhelming.

Definitely worth talking to your doc about it tho. If Chiara does have reflux I think I'm gonna try and avoid meds if I can, will have to see how we go tho. Atm the spilling doesn't seem to be upsetting her which is a good sign.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 2:34pm
Chiara and Tilly are just beautiful
Hayzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 4:57pm
Hi July mums

Beautiful pics Emma and Kimmie.
Your babies look like little darlings. Logan is cute too. Went to the shops today and noticed I had spilt some of my breakfast on my dress as I got out the car - turns out it doesn't matter - nobody looks at you when you have a newborn! They only have eyes for the little mite:)
Hopefully I will get him into a slightly more convenient sleeping pattern but I am quickly realising its his rules really!!
Congrats to the mums with more than one child too - I often wonder how you do it!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 9:23pm
Hi ho.

Cheers, glad you ladies liked the pix. Tilly just loves her bath so much - compared to her sister Georgia at that age...who just used to scream her little lungs out!

Hayzie - you are so right...newborns are people magnets!

Thanks Emma for your comments on reflux - I found them very helpful. The good thing is that Tilly doesn't seem to be fussed about the spilling...it would be much worse if it really upset her. You'll be pleased to hear that her spilling has been much less today - she's only bought up a little bit - and that has to be expected from all babies.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:33am

hey all

Well have had the most hectec week. So first chance I've had but you all know how it is.

Our beautiful Ryan William was born on Monday 14th July at 4.39pm via waterbirth after a 10hr 45 min labour. head cir. 34cm and weighing in at 3250g, 7lb 2 1/2 oz.. Oh and completely drug free. Just thought i'd mention that. I had the best suport team Dh was so wonderful fell apart in a few places (having you cervix streched for 8 - 10cm) ouchy. and my mum was so good to i couldn't have lasted without her.

Having real problems with feeding as our lil ryan is stil yet to latch on properly. We are expressing and feeding through a measuring cup.  

I've been thinking of flissty sounds like she's still waiting for her lil bundle.

Have a few photo's just to show off his thick head of hair and how bad you look after labour.

And the lovely Dh changing his first nappy.

And this is the wee dude just awake ready to go home.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:41am
Congratulations on the Birth of Ryan,to you Sarah and DH
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:39pm
Welcome to the world Ryan!

Yay for Tilly being less spilly Kimmies, long may it continue!

I just had my first go at expressing for Chiara, man it brought back memories Just getting the breast pump out of the box and sterilising it gave me flashbacks. But I figured it was as good a time as any to start coz I had just finished feeding Chiara and I still felt really full. Managed to get 25ml off one side and 70ml off the other so enough for a feed for her. Have put it in the freezer, I want to start giving her one bottle of EBM a day in a week or two so that she gets used to taking the bottle coz we never did that with Maya and she refused point blank to take a bottle which was a PITA when I needed to leave her anywhere.

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 3:45pm
PS. Chiara's birth notice appeared in this morning's NZ Herald, there's an online version here.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 5:45pm
I saw it in the herald,would like me to cut it out and post you a copy for a scrap book or anything
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:55am
Oooh yes please if you have one spare Susieq! I have to go out today and try and find a couple of copies coz we get it delivered but I want a copy to stick in a card for the m/w as well.

My mum left this morning And Willie is at his mates place so this is officially day one of me on my own with four kids! So far we are doing OK, we've all had breakfast, Chiara has been fed and put back to bed and I've unloaded the dishwasher and sorted the washing. Tomorrow will be the real challenge tho, we all have to get out the door by 8.30am to get Maya to school.

I have milk for Africa after Chiara's big cluster feed session last night then her big 5 hour sleep, it was hard to latch her when she woke at 4am to feed coz I was so engorged and the milk was gushing everywhere so I fed her off one side and expressed the other. Managed to get 100ml in five mins so obviously she is getting plenty from her 5 min power feeds. Will be interesting to see how her weight is when the m/w comes on Wed.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:45am
Will cut it out of the paper and post it tomorrow to you
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:50am
Thanks so much!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 10:08pm

Sorry to hear your Mum has left Emma. Hope you are doing OK. My Mum is still ringing me twice a day, skyping & texting me! In fact, she just rang my cell phone to check on us & woke Michael, because I had my phone on charge by the bed - he was asleep when it rang - not a happy chappy now!
You sound like a total milk machine! Wish I had your supply...mine barely even leak - have just started to have using breast pads.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:21pm
Needing breast pads is a good sign for you tho, could mean your supply is increasing

I survived my first morning school run, I made Maya pack her bag last night and I made her lunch so it was all ready to go, then got up this morning at 7.30am, dressed the gremlins, made them all breakfast, had a shower, did Maya's hair, fed Chiara and got out the door by 8.33am. Then I even braved multiple birth club playgroup - I must be insane! But Chiara was really good, I fed her there and she napped in her capsule while I played with the gremlins. I wasn't planning to go but the morning was going so smoothly and they love playgroup so we went.

Check out these blue eyes, I know they'll change like the gremlins did, but atm they are stunning!

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 762>