FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaiting to TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 786>
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:01pm
*waves* Hi ladies

We're planning on TTC #2 from October, but looking at the way FF is predicting my wacky cycles it'll be November. We're waiting on October for financial reasons as Caitlin will then be on the 20 hours free scheme at daycare so that will really help and hopefully I'll be able to work from home a lot more after bubs arrives. I went back to work after 4.5mths off and it was awful and I creid every single morning when I dropped her off at my Mum's. We won't have that option with #2 so will have both in daycare when I go back to work OUCH! (on the wallet and the heart strings )

What are you guys doing for preperation for TTC? It took us 18mths to get pregnant with Caitlin so I want to be as proactive as I can be this time around.
Sponsored Links

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:07pm
Well, as I'm sitting here I should really be out trying to get fit! I want to join the gym but $$$$ is stopping me so I'll prob do things from home. When I'm at work is the easiet time to get in some fitness cause I can run home from work in my lunch break, shower, then drive back to school.

Oh, I'm also going to get some folic acid this week.

What are you doing?

My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:12pm
I think we are strange that we will be better off with 2 children money wise just because of the huge difference we will get with WFF. It's totally crazy even when you consider the extra $ you spend on a child we still end up slightly better off. And we will actually be able to pop Daniel into daycare part time whereas right now we simply can't afford to.

I'm taking folic acid every 2nd day - just because I keep forgetting. And as of today am back to healthy eating/exercise hopefully if Daniel cooperates. Other than that we aren't doing anything.
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:22pm

I know what you mean G.  There are advantages to being a working mum but you're still a mum 24/7 and it's very tiring to be doing both jobs.  I find it especially hard that DH is never at home in the evenings (because of his working hours).  If I'm feeling unwell and don't feel like cooking or cleaning it's just tough, there's noone else around to do it.

I'm not doing too much to different prepare myself for TTC actually.  I eat pretty healthy (lots of fruit and veges and make most meals from scratch so I know what's going into my body).  I gave up coffee for lent and didn't start drinking it again (I have the occasional cuppa but mostly I'm caffiene free).  I'm currently taking multi vs for anything I'm not getting from my diet and I'll start taking extra folic acid soon (centrum only has 200mcg).

I'd like to do some more exercise and lose a bit of girth.  More for me than for TTC though, summer is just around the corner and if we're not pregnant I have no excuse for the current size of my stomach plus if I am pregnant I'd still like to have nice toned arms and legs but if last time is anything to go by I won't feel like exercising for most of my pregnancy so better get them looking good now.

As I said earlier I won't be charting or anything, I'll also not be adopting a preggy diet until I get BCP (i.e. I'll still drink wine, eat poached eggs, cold meats and soft cheeses etc).  My cycle is very regular so I'll know I'm pregnant pretty early on and can start my preggy diet from then.

Stacy, the WFF for us is pretty good too but it depends for us on EDD because it's based on the annualised income from April - March so if I got preg straight away we'd get more from WFF than if I didn't IYKWIM.

Edited by MrsMojo
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:28pm
Gosh you ladies are all very good, I am hopeless at exercise (hate it with a passion is closer to the truth!) so although I would love to loose about 4-5kg before we TTC so I am back at my pre-pg weight I am not really doing much. I have cut down on my portion sizes though and have managed to stop snacking most of the time. I obviously just don't want it enough to try too hard. I hadn't even thought to start folic acid or anything. I was probably very naive with Jack as I never charted, did temps etc, never even thought about it.

Although DH is a building apprentice we are very lucky that he earns enough for me to stay home. A few years ago he decided that he wanted to be a builder and told his bosses that he was looking to leave. They talked him out of it and although it has taken a while to come together they have diversified the business so that he can be a builder. They pay for all his training, tools, vehicle. I think that if we were struggling he would just have to mention it and they would help us out. We are VERY lucky.
I am working as a casual now with my work but my earnings are really just pocket money and only so I can try and get my brain working.

I plan to put Jack in kindy at 3 so he will likely be home with me and baby for a while to begin with. the thing I worry about most with having 2 is how to get them both bathed, fed and dressed by a decent hour at night.
Lindsey

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by Linzy Linzy wrote:

The thing I worry about most with having 2 is how to get them both bathed, fed and dressed by a decent hour at night.

I had 2 kids once upon a time, for a couple of years when my sister was very sick, I actually don't think it's any harder than having 1 kid most of the time... but 2 can be messier

You just start earlier!!  I think it's easier as they get older as they can just do everything together... dinner, bath, pjs etc. plus they entertain each other too which makes it easier when you're busy making dinner and stuff.  When the littlest is still a baby you just wait until the older one is sitting on the couch with a cup of milk (or already in bed) and bath it then, or make bath time in the morning and become a pro at the after dinner face and hands sponge bath.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:42pm

It can seriously be done. When I found out I was pregnant with Josh I was really angry, really angry. It wasn't the right time, right anything. I then went through the how can I love and care for 2 children. But it can be done and we are so much better off with 2 children with WFF. I waited till Josh was 1 before putting him into care and that way me and him got to bond better than I did with Andrew who was in care at 5 months. When the next one comes along Andrew will be at school so only Josh will be in care so that will help out a lot.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:49pm
Hi everyone again. Good to see this thread taking off. seems there are quite a few of us aiming for around Sept/Oct which is exciting. Hopefully we can all join the TTC threads together!

Well in the mean time I am just planning the wedding, and saving all I can whilst I can work as much as I am now.
Very lucky that my job is full time, but is only 2 days out of 8 (and two nights) so will be able to go back to work pretty quick after baby and still only be away 2 days every 8, but still full time wage.. And hubby to be is self employed so will be home the days I am at work.
So financially we should be sweet, I am just saving to be able to buy all the things I know I am not going to be able to control myself on! I already spend so much time reviewing products etc haha.

Good that you girls are getting in to your fitness. I have to be pretty fit for work anyway, but want to go really hard out for next 3 months to be in the best possible shape before pregnant. The more I do before hand the more I will be able to keep doing.

ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 2:14pm
i am trying to do the same over the next couple of months - get fit lose weight etc etc LOL

if either DH or i get to stay at home it will be me - DH earns good money but having a house in auckland i am not if i will be able to maybe part time just have to wait and see - DH said we should be alright for 6 - 12 months so all good :)

cant wait to buy baby stuff
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
emma1010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 2:31pm
yeh the shopping is going to be so much fun. So hard at moment putting so much in savings then I see stuff I want now, and partner constantly telling me to be patient and I will get to spend it soon!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Linzy Linzy wrote:

Gosh you ladies are all very good, I am hopeless at exercise (hate it with a passion is closer to the truth!)

You and me both hun! I'm at my pre-preggy weight now (77kg) and because all of my clothes still fit just fine I have no incentive to get off my butt and loose a few more KGs (but I would really love to, I'm just lazy lol)

For prep I'm charting and using OPKs as I ovulate all over the place (thought that had been sorted when I had endo removed in March but it's back to anywhere between cd12 and cd18 but at least there is no more pain! YAY!). I'm also taking folic acid and a womens multi vit which are about to run out so I might get that Blackmores version of Elevit (heaps cheaper!). I eat fairly healthy as Caitlin eats our meals too and I haven't exercised since the summer I've just signed up to go to yoga classes (all by myself! I'm such a wuss! lol). I'm also thinking about having accupuncture to regulate my variable luteal phase (I have it for a bad back and she said she might be able to help with that too). I also have a ticker so I can get excited at seeing those days melt away (I've been counting down since March!) So yeh - just a tad proactive

We don't get anything from WFF even with 2 kids Apparently we earn too much

You know what the worst thing is about these sales ... I'm pretty damn sure the sales weren't that good 2 years ago! I'm so tempted to buy heaps but every spare cent we have now goes into the baby #2 bank account (Yes! we have an individual bank account set up ) I know I'll go nuts on all things blue if #2 is a boy lol but I can sell all of Caitlin's old stuff to make up for it (well... that's what I'll tell DH anyways )

Edited by Two Blondinis
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:13pm

You'll love yoga!!  It's ok to do it by yourself since it's not one of those classes where you have time inbetween sets to chat it's usually pretty seamless moving from one pose to the next and you'll be busy focussing on doing the poses right and breathing properly (I know... did you realise that sometimes we don't breath properly lol).

Once you get BFP make sure you let your yoga instructor know so they can give you the alternative poses to the twists.

Edited by MrsMojo
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:28pm
I don't think we'll get anything from WFF, or if we do, it will be very very minimal. As for preparing...we're not really doing anything. I will give up smoking (as will DF) closer to the time of TTC. I don't drink, and we generally eat quite healthily anyway. The doc has said to come and see her 3 months prior to get a folic acid prescription. MIL has started knitting, and is doing a cross-stitch cot quilt for us. We have a bassinet and cot already (family heirlooms). And after the wedding we will start buying MCNs, as we are going that way instead of disposables. Most of our shopping will be done after the wedding really, or at least, after the wedding is paid for.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:31pm
ok I've been good and done a workout. Only 15-20 mins but it was strength training and my abs are freaking hurting! haha. It would be lovely to loose some cm's from my tummy before TTC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by MrsMojo MrsMojo wrote:

You'll love yoga!!  It's ok to do it by yourself since it's not one of those classes where you have time inbetween sets to chat it's usually pretty seamless moving from one pose to the next and you'll be busy focussing on doing the poses right and breathing properly (I know... did you realise that sometimes we don't breath properly lol).

Once you get BCP make sure you let your yoga instructor know so they can give you the alternative poses to the twists.

I've done heaps of yoga classes before (through community education at the local schools) but I've always gone with someone else lol

What's a BCP? All I can think of is Birth Control Pill and I' don't think that's what you mean??!?!?
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:36pm

Good on you!!  I'm going to "shrink my female fat zones" tonight once Michaela's in bed. 

I used to do pump classes at les mills before having Michaela but cancelled my membership last year because I never used it and now I use DVDs as my 'gym classes'.

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by Two Blondinis Two Blondinis wrote:

What's a BCP? All I can think of is Birth Control Pill and I' don't think that's what you mean??!?!?

Whoops, getting my acronyms mixed up.  I meant BFP (or at least I think that's right....oh no, now I'm confused)

muppet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:40pm
I'm going to start taking Elevit in the next few weeks (although may look at the Blackmores one if it's cheeper!). Also trying to cut down on caffine and junk food. I don't really drink although I had a bit much last saturday

We won't get anything much from WFF unfortunately either. However hopefully when we TTC we will have a house or at least nearly have one and then we can save for baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:40pm
ahhh I getcha now!

What did you think the C stood for?!?!? *giggle*
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:42pm
I'm charting (temp and CM), have to wake at 5 to do it though as Jack wakes anywhere from 5-730 in the morning *yawn*. Also trying to eat healthily but its been unsuccessful with DH away, now he's back it should be good. I'm going to get back into my TurboJam DVD's now that DH is back, he's leaving the room for 45 mins each night so I can do them.

Must go and get some folic acid though. I just buy it from the chemist as its only $10 for a 3-month supply.

I'm also researching and preparing for the girl diet etc. We are trying for a girl so I have to get my head around everything first. We are using the Shettles method.

If we do get a girl, I'll be so excited because I can sell all of Jack's clothes and get PINK stuff woohoo! If we have another boy, then we're set so that's exciting too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 786>