FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 126>
Author
maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 4:15pm
First, if i didnt have the monitor with the movement pad i would still have Lily with us. but with DH back at work its too hard on him.
He told me off the other night for trying to do everything as well as look after Lily. Im not allowed to feel like i have to get all the housework etc done!! but sometimes i feel like i should be doing way more cause im at home all day. oh well, will make the most of it!!

Sponsored Links

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:22pm
My DH is the same Maysie. I keep sneaking behind his back to do things but only cos it's driving me a little crazy being at home but not being allowed to do anything.

My in-laws are coming up at the end of the weeks to meet Alex for the first time so are looking forward to that. They have offered to babysit so DH and I can head out for a few hours but I said thanks but no thanks I think its just a little soon for me
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 7:05am
You could pop out for a coffee? :)

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 8:54am
I know what you mean about it being a litle too soon for you Henna. On Sunday a friend of mine who I trust with DS completely took him for a cuddle then disappeared for what was like 5 or 10 minutes. I can't tell you how much I missed my boy and wanted him near again. I know we have to let go at some point but wow not yet!

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 4:35pm
LOL it so funny how much changes when it is not your first. Ems has been in her own room from the beginning I sleep sometimes in there if she is unsettled.   And i ahve left her with her Dad heap's and even with Nana today while i took the boy's to the dental nurse. In saying that I would never leave her with anyone else. With my first I would not let him out of my sight.
Well we have been having some really long night's. She is very unsettled and i think i only getting around 4 hour's sleep if that.   So starting to struggle with the lack of sleep cause i can't really nap during the day. I think it is cause she has a clod which she got from day one casue we were all full of it ourselves when she was born. hopefull y it will clear in the next few day's.
Deborah Mum to:

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 10:24pm
i tried my miracle blanket last night and she went to sleep straight away - for 6 hrs!! yay. hoping for a repeat tonight..
I left Lily with my grandparents for 10 - 15 mins the other day when i shot down to the vets to get cat biscuits. it was quite liberating to go somewhere without her. although, i did hurry cause i missed her!!!

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 8:11am

Maysie - what is a miracle blanket? Haven't heard of that one.

Joels doing pretty good, 3 hourly feeds during the day and 4 hourly at night.

Spent the whole day yesterday in cloth nappies as well.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 8:56am
Well done on the cloth nap's Lisa. I use flat's so have not braved them with Ems yet her bottom seem's far too small. plus we have loads of new born sposies to go through. Well we had a good night last night first time in a while i got to spend sometime in my bed. Anyway off to music today.
have great day ladies enjoy the weather.
Maysie isn't it great to see some sun and even the moutain today. We get an awsome view from our house.
Deborah Mum to:

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 9:46am
Does anyone use a dummy?

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 11:56am
I am just starting to implement the dummy. I use it when he just wants to suck before going to sleep. I am finding however that its a pain as it keeps fulling out. Wil persever though as we want him sucking a dummy when we fly to australia later in the year as it help to prevent ear pain while they are flying.

Having a hard day today. DS isn't being anymore challenging than usual, I'm just finding it harder. Have noticed that he is straggling the past 24 hours to resettle himself after his 45min sleep. Trying to just settle and put him back down but sometimes he just refuses to settle. Almost as if he has gas but rub as I might he want bring it up.

M.i.s.s.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.i.s.s.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 12:31pm
Hi Ladies, hope u r all well, & ur wee babes.

Here's a couple of photo's of my wee angel, Jade.

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 1:20pm
That first photo is particularly cute! She is so lovely.

I finally got my boy off to sleep but now I have to go out. Poor thing he has been struggling to get to sleep and stay asleep all day and now he is finally asleep and I have to bundle him up and tak ehim out. I think I'm going to try out some gripe water on him as he seems to have a sore stomach but buring him doesn't produce anything.

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 2:48pm
I have just given Alex some gripe water as the poor little man seems to have a sore tummy too. Hopefully it works and he starts having a nicer time winding
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 3:20pm
Brennan has reflux..I so wished he wasnt going to but Blake had it and apparently common for other siblings to get it too.

Big big bum and explains why he is so so so unsettled after feeds......

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 5:20pm
Hey all     -- thought it was about time I showed myself. I've been keeping up with all the goss, but usually when I sit down at the computer I'm feeding and not so good at typing one-handed!!

Everything going pretty well for us here. Been in cloth pretty much since day one, which I'm seriously stoked about and not even minding all the washing! Cian's feeding really well now too and we're even getting nights sorted out after a week of him not wanting to settle in his bassinet - although I'm not sure how much of that was me not wanting to let him go! lol

Happy to hear everyone else is good...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 5:31pm
OH Kel thats stink! How are you coping?

Missy I wondered if you would join us seeing this thread seeing as we aren't meant to be here just yet    Jade is looking gorgeous!
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 9:59pm
Hi everyone. Having major problems with wind - seems everything I eat is giving them tummy aches. Its driving me mad. The boys are also puking all the time - Im going through so much washing and bibs - every 3 hours its a change of bedding, wraps and a couple of bibs (and often clothes too). I have given up breastfeeding both boys as I started to run out of milk so now I am breastfeeding one boy and bottle-feeding the other and swap over each feed. They seem to have taken to the bottle really well which is a relief.

DH is not much help at the moment - he is busy doing his own thing in the evenings and when its his turn to do the night feeds he grumps the whole time and makes it miserable.

Ive got the boys on a 3 hourly routine during the day and a 4 hourly at night. Means Im doing a feed at 10:30pm, 2am and 6am. Supposidly I should get a decent amount of sleep but they havent been settling well at night lately and sometimes I can only grab an hour or two sleep all night.

Kelpa, hope things improve for you. I agree about the shower each morning. Im grumpy if I dont get one cos it makes me feel so much better. Keep hanging in there.

Sorry for the griping - just need to vent to others who are going through a similar stage.
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2008 at 10:01pm
Oh and dummies are my best friends at the moment - couldnt survive without them as I just cant nurse a baby or two all day to comfort them. Its just physically impossible.

Nipple cream that really helped me was Lansinoh (in purple tube). Works a miracle on cracked, sore, blistered nipples!
Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 9:17am
Cat what are you doing to help with the wind? My in-laws are up at the mo and MIL told me that Alex is holding his wind in which is what he does when he is groaning so I have been working on keeping him straight so he can't use his legs to hold it in.
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:41am
Oh wind is terrible...Brennan only farts when he is feeding and makes a huge deal squirming and grunting and alsorts.....

At this rate I am looking forward to when he is 4 months!

Cat...DH sounds like a pooh bum...give him a boot and tell him to pull his head in......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 126>