FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAugust and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 126>
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August and Sept ’08 Mums and Bubs
    Posted: 12 August 2008 at 8:57am
Well decided it was time we had our thread course we will be checking in on both.
I was wondering how many babies were actually born on the 8th I count 4 plus I think one of the sep Mum's had one as well.

Edited by ButterflyMum
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 12:43pm
Congrats Deb, I didn't realise you'd had Emily! How'd it all go?
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 1:15pm
So far really well. So long may it last. we should really catch up sometime
Deborah Mum to:

babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 5:01pm
Haha - you've just had a bub 4 days ago and you're already thinking about catchups!! I guess it can't have been bad then We should have a group catchup sometime when Emily is a little more used to the outside world!

Great to hear all is well.

BTW, you might want to ask admin to sticky this topic so it holds on the front page
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010
first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 6:13pm
I think there were five 080808 babies. Three girls, my boy and then someone from Sep but not sure about the sep.

How are you all doing on the sleep front? My little man like to be awake early morning through to mid afternoon then seems to like to be awake all night. I did try sort of waking him today but then I couldn't get him back to sleep so that was a bit of a disaster. He has been asleep pretty much since 2pm now though he did get up for a feed and change. Hope its not going to be another long night but it sure looks like its going to be.

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:02pm
We are keeping Micah on a 4 hour schedule during the day, then on demand at night time. Seems to be working for us.

Last night we fed at 10pm (till 11pm) then he slept till 3am. Fed till 3.40am again at 5.30am then woke him at 9.30 for the next day.

formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2008 at 7:16pm
feeding is going pretty well at the moment.   I have soooo much milk its gross want to shower all hte time. we are working on getting a routine I fuction better on them.   I never had one with the boy's and really struggled with life so thought we would give the whole routne thing ago.   Anyway boy's are in bed both with cold's along with me really worried about Emily getting it.    As far as sleep goes i am still on my baby high so only been having about 3-4 hour's a night. will most likely crash in about a week or so.
Deborah Mum to:

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:13am
I'm also still on a baby high when t comes to sleeping. Never felt so good before. Not looking forward to it finishing.
Before giving birth I was really worrie about the baby blues as I tend to get down sometimes but so far I've been feeling great.

So it seems you are both doing the routine thing. We are here too but its pretty flexible at this stage. Daniel works on a three to four hour routine. I find that sometimes he just wants an extra feed though so that's where the flexible comes in. He is a really contented baby and his feed cues are really obvious. What do you do when you bubs wants to feed before the due time?

MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 12:36pm

*just lurking..*

Yay for August babies!

This is so exciting

congrats to those already here and good luck for those to come

Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 6:18pm

I am waiting, waiting, waitimg to come and join, hopefully it will be soon for me too.

Congrats to you who have had your bubs

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 9:37pm
hi ladies
wow congrats to you all!!

awwww so hard to believe this time last year it was us

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 1:18pm
yay for baby thread!! Lily is in a 4 hrly routine too. She did two big sleeps last night but it did take a few hours to actually get there. Between 11pm and 1am we had a mission getting her to sleep. I think maybe she gets over tired? And she usually falls asleep about 5-10 mins after a feed so maybe she doesnt quite know how to go to sleep without that yet? She is most hapy in my arms though which is fine during the day but t night i do struggle to stay awake. It sso cold in our house that I feed her in our room (after 11) where its nice and warm so perhaps that affects it too. Oh well. Its still very early days and im sure we'll figure it out. Was quite surprised not to get any baby blues. The only thing that tears me up is the thought of how much I love her! I just want to kiss her and cuddle her all the time!!!

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 3:43pm
Catskids time does fly. I can't believe my little man is already a week old. It is so sad-i want time to slow down.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 9:31pm
well my baby hogh is slowly wearing off.   I was stupid and tried to go to town theother day it was a complete disater and I only had one boy with me and my Mum to help.    I eve nmanager's to loose my dam key's at the supermarket. We had a crap night last night she feed every 20min's for about 4 hour's.   during the day we seem to get good routine. I am hoping tonight will be better cause she cluster feed early in the evening. So after a nice warm bath Ems is tuckd up in her bed. I and i am far far away myelf.
Deborah Mum to:

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 3:51pm
we had a hard night last night. Lily was awake from 11 till 3am! Just feeding and feeding and as she fell asleep and Id put her down she'd wake up again. Finally took her into the lounge in front of the heater and then propped ourselves up on the couch with lots of pillows inc ase i fell asleep. I think I may have napped for a few minutes but we were both nice and snug. Finally got her back in her bassinette at 3 and she slept till 7 when i fed an dchanged her and then she slept through to 12, thankfully. we are going to bath her tonight (instead of afternoon) and hopefully that will help. I don't want DH to go back to work next week, I'm going to miss him. Does anyone else wake up thinking they are holding their baby but they aren't there?? Every time!! I freak out until i click and notice the bassinette next to the bed!!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 4:50pm
hi ladies    Well I am the sep mum who ended up having bubs on the 8th.   I just came in to introduce myself and had a smile when I saw that I was (sort of) mentioned in the first post. My names is Heather, DH is Beau and our little boy is Alex (who has just clicked that Mum is on the computer and so has woken up with a smelly bum yay for DH who is changing it for me) I will have a read and catch up with how you are all doing when monkey is next asleep.
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 1:06pm
Hi All... :) I am really a July Mum!(keep forgetting)
I am struggling at mo..have PND very bad which is horrible. Am on medication and have had a referral to Maternal Mental Health done today..I also have an infection in my body which apparently is not helping how I feel. Doc thinks poss some placenta left in and now going yuck! (just gets better)
Brennan has not been a settled baby at all..has terrible wind....we are getting there.
If I could cuddle him all day and stay in bed and just be "with him" I think I could get thru this "yucky" stage and PND quicker but with the other two Im finding all that and the worry of goodness knows everything...tedious!

Im glad to see lots of babies arrived and will look forward to go checking out all the pics when Im feeling bit better...

maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 1:14pm
hey Kelpa. hang in there. the positive is that you re getting help. i hope dh is helping too? hugs!!
Lily did another 1030pm - 3am on and off so we just camped out in the lounge until i knew she was def asleep. dh went back to work today (11 hr days) so i didnt want him kept up all night. shes just had a feed and i can smell an all too familiar smell.....hehe
Deb, is that Jasmine you mentioned???

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 5:49pm
Welcome Henna. The 8th was a good day to have your little one. I also had Daniel on the 8th so am slightly keen on the date.

Kelpa hang in there it will get better and despite how bad your feel things are and how hard you are finding things I'm sure that you are doing a great job with you kids.

Daniel is still being a little angel. Today we took him out for most of the day and he just took it all in his stride. so proud of him.

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 8:42am
Big huge Hug's Kel. Good on your for getting on top of it early and seeking help. I am under MMH this time round and they are great here in NP so hopefully you will find the same.
Maysie yep that's her.   Hey are you keen to meet sometime it would be really nice to put face to name. I often look at really little babies in the past week and wonder if it might be you. Anyway if your keen PM me.
As far as we go we are having the same a period ehrew Ems is on and off me from about 7pm till last night it was 1am. I think she is having wind issues too so going to get gripe water or something to help. Anyway this is my first day with out my DH so far so good. Boy's are destorying house, but oh well. Off to pre school soon.
Right best get on with the hosue work.
Deborah Mum to:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 126>