FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**Due May 2009**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 298>
Author
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2008 at 9:07pm
tell them you are on antibiotics/ or meds of some sort. it will always work. blame migraines, hormones (if people know your TTC), flu, strep throat anything that may require any form of medication. unless you are heading out with a doctor you shouldnt get snapped out.

my symptoms are easing off which freaks me out. all im left with is extreme exhaustion and hormonal crying breakouts. cant wait till my appt on tuesday so i can feel like its real. DH's parent know now but now to keep their mouths shut. we are only 24 and quite close to our families so wanted to tell them even though something could easily go wrong. his mum is a pharmacist which is convenient too. lol

Sponsored Links

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:56am
Hi Everyone.
Hope you all had a good weekend. We had a very quiet one...don't seem to 'feel' pregnant. Still the odd bit of cramping, but otherwise well. Have been a bit tired, but most weekends I feel like that! LOL! Feeling a little 'hungover', but wonder if that is psychosomatic ...
Off to the Drs today and will start calling midwives this week. As this is our first, I have NO IDEA what I'm going to be looking for.
We have told quite a few people, my family, close friends, people I work with. We won't however, be telling his fmaily until we are 12 wks, as they are not that fond of me and will not be a great support should things not go well. (touch wood - they won't)!
Hope everyone else is feeling well and looking forward to another week...
PippaLockysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PippaLockysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 10:49am

Heya how are you all feeling today?

I went to see my mw on friday and did another preg test and the line was definatly darker so she sent me to get my bloods done and marked it urgent lol, she txt me a few hours later and said 'congrats love you are def preg, you have good preg hormones too - see you on the 8th' so yay we are very stoked coz i was starting to get worried with all the cramps i was having. We went shopping last night and i stocked up on ginger beer just in case i get ms like last time.

I told my parents and my sis - they are rapt, havnt told the in laws yet, we were surposed to do it on sat night coz they invited everyone over for a bbq but dps aunty and uncle turned up so we decided to wait to tell them first.

Mrs B - i went to a 21st when i was in the tww so i diddnt want to drink but diddnt want all the questions either so i got a bottle of wine and a bottle of spakling grape fruit juice and swaped them over - no one had a clue, they were just surprised i could handle my alcohol lol 

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:02pm
Hey there fellow May Mummies

I have a midwives appt on Wednesday afternoon - yay! That's all I wanted to share for now

How you all doing?

Edited by Mrs_B
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:31pm
Hi Ladies,
I had my rd lot of bloods taken this morning. My arms have bruisers but its a small price to pay.
Bloods were good 8844, all on the up so that is good news.
They wanted me to have a scan on Moday but I think that is too early so I have requested it be on the 15th. Fingers crossed everything will be ok and Baby will be perfect.
I go to get my bloods every 4 days and I still get myself into such a state thats its all going to be bad. I think I am just protecting myself, just incase. I know just how fragil pregnancy is and that scares me.
I am under Fertility Associates so I don't need a midwife.
If anyone is looking for a Midwife and wanting to have a natuarl birth call Close to Nature Midwives: Cherie David 021 669 003
she helped me through the 19 weeks of my pregnancy and was then there with me when I had Anika she was amazing, if I were using a midwife I would have used her again.

All the best May Mummies
emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 9:36pm
Hey ladies - just wishing you all the best for the next 9 months!!!

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 4:58am
ahhh my appt is at 2pm, so nervous im terrified he is gonna tell me im not pregnant. lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 9:00am
Hi Ladies,
Went to the Dr last night and had bloods taken. Getting results later today. He was great, is my family Dr and has known me since birth. He's keen to do shared care with a local midwife, so we'll go with that I think.
Called midwife last night, she's calling back today as she was in the labour ward when I called, will be making appt for later this week I think.
All still seems a bit sureal. Can't to be over the 12 week mark.
Monikah, good luck for your appt this afternoon. I'm sure it will be great...just don't look when the take the blood, even without the 'morning sickness' it made me feel a little queasy!
Good news on your bloods Maudie! Next to break the 10,000 mark!!
Mrs B, looking forward to hearing how the midwife appt goes, you'll be the second May Mummy to see their midwife. Hope it goes well.
PippaLockysMummy did you find out what your levels were? I wonder what's 'normal'. My Dr is away for the next few days and just said to me as long as its between 10-20,000 you'll be about spot on for dates...
OK, this is turning into a novel.
Hope you're all feeling well and have a lovely Tuesday!
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 2:05pm

Hi ladies

Just popping in to say hi, my hands are shaking but I just got a faint BFP this arvo at 11DPO!  Due May 15th I *think*...my cycles been a little messed up this month with being sick so think I ov a week later than normal, so my ticker my not be right (when I put it up).

I'm so nervous about having a m/c again.... but am being positive about it all!

Looking forward to geting to know you all better!

Katte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 2:27pm
Emmecat - Congrats!! Sending you loads of sticky vibes!!

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 2:49pm
Thanks Katte! Its still sinking in.....   

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 3:42pm
YAY Emmecat!! Congrats!! **Stick little bean stick!**

I have POAS 6 times since I got my BFP 12 DPO just to reassure myself I wasn't dreaming!
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 3:53pm
yay went to dr today and the pregnancy isnt just in my head. yay. did a scan and the baby is there. only a blip on the screen but there none the less. i think its a bit little though so keeping my fingers crossed. he wants to do another scan is 2 weeks time cos he cant tell any information from it yet. just had my bloods done so hopefully ill get the results 2mrw. fingers crossed. i need something to give me a clue

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Mrs_B Mrs_B wrote:

YAY Emmecat!! Congrats!! **Stick little bean stick!**

I have POAS 6 times since I got my BFP 12 DPO just to reassure myself I wasn't dreaming!

LOL I only have 2 HPTs left so will use them probably over the next few days and then maybe looking at getting bloods done. Am a bit wary again of getting too excited about HCG levels though as it stressed me out a little last time and I've seen it really stress out some ladies on theses boards.... ...and I certainly don't want anymore stress than I have right now with moving and study etc! lol.

What is everyone else here doing? Are you guys all getting regular bloods etc?

PippaLockysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PippaLockysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:19pm
Congrats Emmecat!!!!!!!!

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:24pm
im a little stressed actually and really want my HCG levels back. all he could see was a dot he estimated about 1mm but im sure it should be closer to 5mm by now. anyone else had scans yet? what size were they?

Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:28pm
monikah - I had a scan at 5w5w and my scan report says CRL of 3mm with normal heart activity. However..when I went for my next scan at what I thought would have been 7w because of how the previous scan dated me, I was actually 7w2d.

So...the original one at 5w5d, I may have actually been 6 weeks. A couple days at this stage can mean all the difference. So if I was 3mm at 6w, perhaps 1mm might be all good for 5w5d!

This may not have helped at all, but I hope it has given you some hope :)

In regards to hcg levels that some are talking about; I had them done every 2 days for 3 weeks with this pregnancy and once they got to 7360 at 5w1d they stopped doubling. Then at 6w4d I stopped getting them at 22841. I had seen a heartbeat a few days earlier. Sometimes levels don't always double. I have done quite abit of research.

You may find this site interesting:

normal hcg levels in pregnancy

I particulary found point 22 interesting.

more hcg info

Edited to add hcg info.

Edited by Nefertiti
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:50pm
haha my PP maternity stuff arrived today. Bit premature perhaps but I can never resist a bargain! Got some capri pants and two summer tops for $44 saving $96! I'm actually sitting here in the pants lol they have the stretchy waist band and are so comfy!
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 6:00pm
ive changed my ticker to go off LMP as opposed to my OV date which makes me only 5w3d which may explain why im a bit little if i OV'd at a different day to what i thought. does anyone know much about prog levels? when my bloods came back i'd OV'd butthey were lower than they should have been, how does this affect pregnancy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 6:43pm
Hi again Ladies,
Potentially bad news from me. Dr not happy with hCG levels (2160) and has asked me to go back for more tests on Thursday.
Also (TMI) a bit of brown-ish discharge.
So, perhaps this time it's not for us...
Feeling very emotional and sad, but I'm a believer in nature taking its course and all things being for the best.
So fingers crossed for us for now.
Hope the rest of you re doing well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 298>