FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDue June 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 594595596597>
Author
SBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 8:17pm
Gosh Bec that sounds awful!

I imagine you have seen a doctor, what do they say? Only things I know are prunes, that Kiwi Crush stuff you can buy from the supermarket, or laxatives! That and keeping fibre minimal and upping fruit intake. Hope you get it sorted soon!
Sponsored Links

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 8:49pm
Kiwi crush is awesome but other than than we feed Amelia sultanas. Really works well. Also stay away from bananas. They are fruit so you would think that they would be good but they can really bind them up.

Amelia now has cold #5 in 8 weeks. I am so over winter. She has just woken up crying. Will end up bald from pulling hair out before summer arrives.

School holidays in our house. Alexandria has a number of days with the school holiday programme this week and then family stuff next week.

Also today I started the next build up for the Auckland marathon. 3 peaks today which is 21km to and up Mt Eden, One Tree Hill and Mt Hobson. 14 weeks to go.

gmunster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmunster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 5:42pm

hmmm thanks guys! tried prune juice, kiwi ruit, crush, sultanas, no nanas, and still stuck up! got some stuff on prescription today so will see what that does!

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 8:39pm
I also had a thought that you might need to get her bottom checked. I was told that if your toddler cries when trying to poo that there could be a small fissure or tear that hurts. Basically because it hurts they stop trying to poo and this makes it all worse. You have a prescription so maybe this has been checked already.

Lets us know how it goes.

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 5:15pm
Oh and major teething issues here. One of her 2 year molars is through and I didn't really notice - much like her other teeth.

However she has been waking up and crying ans telling me her mouth or gums are sore. She is pointing to the other side of her mouth to the one that has broken through so I think this one is a new one and is really hurting. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night and as she woke up during her daytime sleep today I haven't been able to rest. Takes me back to when she was a newborn as she was waking every hour there for a while - in fact is worse than when she was a baby.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 6:09pm
vote for Kellys baby Amelia in baby of the day today, Tyler's younger sister
susie
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:55am
lurker, Kellys wee Amelia got Baby of the day and snooze from this group had her second boy Matthew James 9lb 8oz on the 18th July
susie
SarSar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarSar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 12:39pm
New here, my daughter was born in June 2009!
Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 7:44pm
Welcome Sarsar. Always keen to see new members. How is your daughter dong and do you have any other children?

Have a question. Does anyone have experience with night terrors? Amelia has woken up all this week between 1-3 hours of going to sleep. Crying and can't be settled in her room. We have been bringing her out to the lounge and watched a bit of sport on tv. Last night it needed a walk outside to calm her down. I initially thought it was her teeth hurting her but I have been giving her a mix of pamol and nurofen in her bedtime bottle so I doubt it's that - although it probably doesn't help. Any experiences or advice would be welcome.

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:48pm
Hi Bec, ask the doc for lactulose DD has just been in hospital and thats what they've given her also have a read of these

best prac-constipation

factsheet

PM me if I can help more :)
Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 1:51pm

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been in here for a while.  I seem to loiter more in my other due in thread. 

Happy 'belated' 2nd birthday to all the bubbas.  And welcome to the few new bubba's who have been born this year

There defo seems to be a lot of germs floating around here too!  I have been sick on and off for a bit now and getting over it.  Jacob had a chest infection a few days after his birthday, was hard hearing him cough like an old man   Sorry to hear some of you have had recurrent illnesses in your family

Welcome back Wellygirl & Lizzzie  and also welcome to the group Sarsar!

Snooze's little boy Matthew is such a cutie!!  Am looking forward to meeting the little one as soon as she's up for visitors.  I know some of you other Auckland mummies have also had babies recently, but I'd be keen for a catch up soon if you all are?

I want to start TT'ing soon, just need to buy a toilet seat for small bums and a step ladder as we're bypassing the potty.  He's pretty tall'ish and Plunket suggested just going straight to the toilet when training.  In an ideal world, I'd love for DS to be toilet trained, even if just during the day, by the time this baby arrives in Jan. 

Lisa, has the house sold yet or have they taken it off the market for now?  That would be so annoying having every Tom, Dick and Harry wanting to come over to look through the house!  That's also great that you've now got a reason behind B's behaviour and can find ways to manage him better.  My SIL's youngest DS is in the same boat, but a bit younger than B. 

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 9:55pm
You should have no probs toilet training by Jan. Take it slowly and don't stress. The more you get annoyed or upset at "accidents" the more DS will resist.

We have an insert to the toilet so littlies feel secure on the toilet. Also have a small stool so the seat isn't too high. We haven't started toilet training yet with Amelia but she is interested. We tell her everytime we go to the toilet that poos and wees go in the toilet and when she is a big girl that is what she will do too. Sometimes she sits for all of 5 secs on the toilet with her nappy and clothes on. She understands what happens but isn't patient enough yet to sit for long enough for something to happen.

I have to say that if something isn't happening with one it seems that the other has something going on. Alexandria had a problem with constipation 2 weeks ago but now has diarrhoea. I think probably from not quite washing her hands properly - although she has been trying. Poor thing really wants to go to the last day of the school holiday programme tomorrow but I can't really let her .... not still going as she is. A double wammey as far as she is concerned.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 6:31pm
wow, look at you Tanya, nearly 17 weeks already!

Yeah, Aspergers diagnosis didnt come as a shock, school up here suspected he had it but youth mental health dept up here brushed his behaviour off as just attachment issues. He had an EEG yesterday to rule out epilepsy which he passed, so now we wait and see what the psychologist who's been dealing with him wants to do from here.

House still on the market, still doing open homes every Sunday regardless of the weather. Only now he is getting really impatient and has decided (well, BIL has, FIL just does whatever he suggests) that the house is going up for auction at the end of August. Hope it sells cos I am so over this crap. He rang DP at 4pm to tell us he was coming over 'soon' with a builder friend to check something in the lounge. At that stage Jae had finally gone for a sleep, D was up needing to be fed, which I do in the lounge, and the house was a mess as jae hadnt had her day sleep to give me time to tidy up a bit. So I rush through D's feed and get him back in bed, race through the house tidying up, then at 5.30 get another phonecall to say hes not coming now, will try again Monday or Tuesday. I hate his family (well, more that part of his fmaily, the other brother minds his own business for the most part), and how they think I'm just noone without a voice. None of them give a toss about how the kids and I manage while they try and get money NOW.

Didnt help that my day started at 5.30am and I'm running on little more than a strong coffee and a yoghurt!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 10:59pm
Oh Lisa I can so sympathise. Please take this as a huge hug for you. I really understand the ongoing situation you have. Wouldn't it be good to be all settled tomorrow.

We have have HUGE issues here. Amelia is okay but tells me that her bottom is sore. Not sure what is going on because all the output seems normal if you get what I mean.

As for Alexandria. We spent most of the day in Starship ED. She is hugely constipated. Poor kid has had medicine put up her bottom - for little response. Apparently she is so constipated that she has poo through her entire largen intestine. I am so proud of how she did today at the hospital. We have been given a thing for her to drink (which she hates and causes nausea and vomitting) but will hopefully get stuff going. Back to the GP on Friday for a checkup but she will be off school for 2-3 WEEKS until this clears up.

Oh and I lost my bracelet at the hospital today. Retraced my steps but couldn't find it. So had to put in an insurance claim. I suspect someone found it and thought great - a bonus - and pocketed it rather than handing it in.

A bad day all round and not much chance for the next week or so. Sorry for the downer but sometimes sh*t happens. Literally or NOT in our case.

Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 2:42pm

Oh Lisa that sucks ass big time!  Are they even taking into consideration that you will also have to pack and find a new home to live in?  That will be stressful enough for you, especially if they find new owners that want a short settlement!  Have you been casually looking around, just to see what's out there?  

Gosh I'm close to the half way mark with this pregnancy!  It's going to much quicker this time than the first time.  I've got my anatomy scan booked for this Thursday (with my sis who is 6 days ahead of me), so am super excited about that. 

Gee's Helen, things are sounding pretty rough in your household too.  I feel sorry for both your girls!  Hope the horrible drink has cleared up the backlog for Alexandria?  Hope Amelia's bottom is better too?  That's horrible that no one handed in your bracelet!!!  I hope it didn't have too much sentimental meaning to it?  I lost all my gold jewellery when it was packed in our unaccompanied baggage from the UK!  Asswipes that took it!!!!!!  I didn't claim insurance as it was over 6 weeks later that I knew it was in teh suitcase as we had to wait for our boxes to arrive, just in case they were in there.  Silly DH for accidentally packing it in there. 

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 4:12pm
havent done any packing, we were already living with bare essentials when FIL moved out, so have just left what we could do without in boxes... no point packing until house is sold! Apparently the minimum settlement period is 42 days... so that gives us 6 weeks to save up and find a place, we've done it in 3 weeks before, so THAT part im fine with... its the random house visits to bring someone through the house, the open homes every weekend (and as of this coming weekend its Sat AND sun open home until auction at end of month) DP just had BIL on the phone bitching cos I 'denied access' to the booked photographer this afternoon. He was supposed to come yesterday, but the builder left a job incomplete, so I get a phonecall after I'd left for the day to say they'd come back tomorrow... only now I have the flu, Jae is sick, and shes undone most of my tidying up, plus I had 3 days of washing to catch up on which I did because im just about out of nappies... house therefore totally unsuitable for taking photos, so the person accompanying photographer said they'd make a time to come back, and take outside photos for now. Cue phonecall from BIL to b!tch about me denying access. Also apparently I have to 'step up' and keep the house tidy 24/7 in case anyone wants an impromptu visit to look through the house. I'm doing the best i can, with a toddler on the loose, a baby that needs feeding (and I still have to express at least 5x daily to get enough for 2x night bottles) a family to feed, washing to keep up with... and a partner who is away half the weeknights with his rugby club comittee stuff, AND all day Saturday helping to set up etc. Somehow IM the one who has to pull time out of some alternate universe to tidy up more often. The only way I could keep the house tidy is if I followed Jae like a bad smell allll day putting things away when she chucks them aside, then do everything else during her ONE nap... oh and never sleep because I still wont have had time to express.

Since this house has gone on the market, only 2 people have come through for a 2nd viewing, yet they think this house will sell at auction. Oh and apparently keeping the house perfectly tidy means it will sell better? Funny, I thought people chose wether or not to buy a house based on location, structural soundness and stuff like that.. not based on how many toys are on the floor, or if the house is lived in or not.

Only reason I'm still living here is because DP got himself in a financial mess before I came along, and now has a $70K debt tied to the mortgage, so he has to pay that and rent (granted its not full market value rent but still!) and we barely scrape by as it is. If I were to pack the kids up and leave him to the sh!t his family keep throwing at me, we'd be worse off by a long shot. So in the meantime I sit at home and have to lie down and let them all walk over me like the doormat because they are 'doing us a favour' by letting us live here at reduced rent...

Sorry to post such a huge rant... I'm just soooo beyond over his family, and this house... and I hate being told what to do, and having no control over my own damned life!

To add to the whole mess, B was stood down from school last Monday after attacking another boy just for going in front of him to drink from the fountain while B stopped to tie shoelaces back up. Somehow they decided NOT to tell me until Friday night. Cant do anything for him and that just makes me feel even more out of control and the stress is just coming at me from all sides and i want out of all of it... but cant go anywhere...
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 4:30pm
Really feel for you Lisa. You have so much happening there along with 3 children to look after. I find it hard enough with just 2 and if I was honest it could be a hard with just one. Hang in there and feel free to vent here anytime. You are doing an awesome job.

Alexandria was back at school for the first time today. She seemed to do okay and had no problems. To get to this point we have had another visit and a phone call to Starship ED, $150 of medicine and about another $120 of drs fees. We have a follow up appointment with the hospital at the end of the month. They said to go back to our GP at the end of this week for a check up but since she is showing me what she is doing I can monitor it. A visit to the GP is another $35 so if I can save that and wait for the hospital one I think we will be better off.

lizzzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 12:14am
Wow lots happening since I last logged in, firstly Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through That sounds really really hard! I hope you are getting by OK, how did the auction go? As Helen said, vent here anytime! I'm sure at least voicing it does a world of good. I hope the house sells soon so you can step away from that BIL some!!!

Helen, how is Alexandria going? I hope she is better and your household is back to normal Hospital visits don't sound like fun, haven't had to go there yet *touch wood*

Jacobsmama, how did your anatomy scan go? 23 weeks now, exciting!

Nothing much new happening here, except Dex has started using the potty. He just randomly used it for the first time 2 days ago. So I'm up late researching now as I'm so not prepared! Does anyone have any advice about when to switch from nappies to pull ups or whatever? He is in cloth mostly during the day, is there a cloth alternative to pull ups?
Aiden is now 6 months old and really becoming his own person :) It's awesome to see him interact with his brother, he gets so excited and Dexter is great with him. So cute!

Anyway, must get to bed, will already be shattered tomorrow I think

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 10:45pm
What kind of cloth do you use Lizzzie? Jae is in pockets during the day and sposies at night, and when she starts TT I will prob continue to use pockets, but without inserts, or reduce to one (so along the same lines as pull-ups, feels the same but less absorbancy) Jae knows that the poos from her nappy go in the toilet, and she knows shes about to do them as shes started hiding if we ask her when she assumes the position if shes doing poos (lol!) but refuses to sit on the toilet. Might look at getting a toilet seat insert to make it a little less scary for her, worked with B way back then lol

6 months goes by SO fast when theres a toddler to deal with too huh! I look at Darian and wonder where my tiny little boy disappeared to! Little piggy is well into solids now, 3 weeks after his first taste he is already wolfing down 2 good sized meals and gets a tad stroppy when the plate is empty lol!

House didnt sell, not even a single bid. Have had a couple of people come and look at the place since, and we're back to open homes every Sunday. Just gritting me teeth and getting on with what i can. Missed out on the perfect rental because we hesitated (weren't sure whats happening regarding a supposed ofer on the house last weekend) so I'm more than over it now!

Tanya, did you find out what bubs is, or is it a surprise for the big day?
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2011 at 6:08pm
Hey Lisa. I hope things work out for you soon. Maybe just go for a rental if you find the right one and leave BIL to deal with open homes etc.

Thanks for the thoughts about Alexandria. She is fine now and we have had 2 follow up appointments with Pediatrics outpatients clinic at Greenlane. We might have to continue meds on and off for a while but no more blockage and I think we all don't want that to happen again.

Had Amelia at the Drs this afternoon for a Urinary Tract Infection. She tells me when it hurts to go wees and she had frequency and a slight temp as well. The dr first said that they want a clean collection of urine to send to the lab BEFORE they would prescribe antibiotics. They wanted me to follow her around all afternoon with a pottle to catch some wees, bring it back to them for testing and then they might prescribe meds. I told him I thought he was joking. She's no where near toilet trained! She had all the signs. Anyway I finally convinced him to give meds and promised I would try to get a sample.

Husband is away for the weekend to see the Warriors play in the Grand Final. So wish I could go but we went away 2 weekends ago while Grandma looked after the girls. It was just too soon to leave Amelia again - as well as being too soon to ask Grandma!! Go the Warriors!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 594595596597>