FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExtended breastfeeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by NovemberMum NovemberMum wrote:

no idea if my son has weaned some days he asks for it somedays he doesnt..will see what happens over the next few weeks

and no it seems he hasnt weaned lol his favourie words are

"booby here" usually at 7am in the morning not so bad that it is the holidays so not rushing around but during term time have to say no and then of course soon as we are home we get back home

Sponsored Links

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 8:53pm

Wow. Haven't been on Ob for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages lol

We're still tandem feeding....20 months and counting. Have actively cut back on Clodaghs BF's though, it took ages to drop the middle of the day one but now she has morning and night (umless sick). Scarlett is still on demand. Pretty tired now lol

CJsays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJsays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 9:25pm
Up to 20 months now, E seemed to be weaning last week but is back on the wagon again so it must of been teeth! happy to chill for as long as she wants to, its so easy at this age, but am thinking by next winter it would be nice to get my boobs and time back! (I feed her to sleep at nap and bedtime)!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:16am
21 months and still going I can see this continuing until Catherine has all of her teeth as its such a comfort to her and relieves me of giving her other methods of pain relief.

We are TTC though and I would prefer not to tandem feed if it comes to it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:39am
Woohoo way to go girls! Emmecat i am a bit jealous. Eden was 3 years 3 months when she stopped feeding... Feels funny thats its only been just over a year since i stopped.

Glad to see this thread and you all still going strong!!!

Edited by Bizzy

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:39am
CJ if your future pregnancy goes anything like mine it would be pretty easy to wean C very gently and pretty much of her own accord I hope your hapu again soon and its a nice long healthy pregnancy xx

+1 May 09 Angel
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:06pm
thanks emmi
the main reason we're still going is cause C wants to hasn't self weaned yet

As much as I'd like to stop breastfeeding is such a huge part of my parenting tool kit I'd be lost without it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:43pm
Well, figured it out the other day and will have been continuously BFin for 4 years. Weaned DD1 at 3yrs 3mths to start BF my now 7mth old. Still lovin it!

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:12pm

CJ- kids often wean while you're pg anyway. I think the taste of the milk changes and or runs a bit dry lol. I actually thought Clodagh was going to wean while I was pg and she certainly cut waaay back...was still BF a couple of times a day at her lowest. But yeah picked up again no problem once Scarlett arrived. I don't blame you for not wanting to tandem feed- it's not all it's cracked up to be although of course BF in general is a pretty useful parenting too (and obviously continues to be great for the kids lol)

Naaww Bizzy.....I'll be sad and relived once Clodagh decides to eventually wean!! x

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by millemama millemama wrote:

Well, figured it out the other day and will have been continuously BFin for 4 years. Weaned DD1 at 3yrs 3mths to start BF my now 7mth old. Still lovin it!

Well done!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:50pm
just saying hello Lucas is still having booby mostly one to two times a day.

3kidsplusone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3kidsplusone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:57pm
I am still feeding my almost 15 month old, which a HUGE achievement for me as I only feed DS for 4 weeks(major issues with feeding) ad DD1 till 7 months, so to still be feeding AND being pregnant, I am super proud :)
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:02pm
Yay 3 kids! Well done, that's awesome! Are you going to wean DD now you are pg or just let her wean herself?
I'm still BF my 27 month old and hoping she weans sooner rather than later lol. Not too keen on tnadem feeding again Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:40pm
my daughter self weaned at 19 months I was around 16 weeks pregnant

Free2BeMe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Free2BeMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 5:54pm
Just so great to hear of so many children being breastfed fullterm. (I really dislike the term 'extended' as it gives the impression of it not being a normal thing to nurse a child after the one year, or 2 year mark, or whatever is deemed "OK")

I tandem fed my first two boys, and then when my 3rd son was born I triandem (all 3) fed for 2 years.

I weaned the first two boys simultaneously, they were old enough to have a conversation with, and just said I didn't want to feed them anymore, they were down to a feed before sleep only anyhow.(They were FINE with it!) My baby is 4 now, and still nurses to sleep, and will sometmes have a little during the night.

I'm up to my 10th consecutive year of breastfeeding now, it will be a bit odd when my youngest weans...

Here is my favourite article about breastfeeding.

"The Natural Age of Weaning" Kathy Dettwyler an anthropologist who has studied across different primates.

http://www.kathydettwyler.org/detwean.html

Edited by Free2BeMe - 24 April 2013 at 5:57pm
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 1:26pm
I'm still going here, Holly has just turned 2 Very proud of myself for going this long, was always my goal. I have no plans to stop either just yet. She doesn't ask for it, she just gets it before sleep times.
Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 8:17pm
I'm still going here with DD2, shes almost 22mths and wouldn't be without her milkies, I'm not seeing her stopping anytime soon despite us trying for our third. She feeds lots, comfort feeds, before any sleep, 1-3times at night (we co-sleep so she doesn't wake me up). She's so lovely and bright and independent too :)
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
LeslieGlass210301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeslieGlass210301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 5:36pm
Extended breastfeeding has many advantages like it increase the immune system and gives nutrition for the baby. But as I am a working lady I haven't take any benefit of it rather I mainly use manual breast pumps to feed my baby. I think it is somehow better than the traditional method.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536