FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood maternity bras for F cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JessDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good maternity bras for F cup
    Posted: 12 November 2008 at 11:25am
Can anyone recommend a good brand of maternity bras for F cup wearers?

F cup is difficult to find on a good day but they are available online. I hear that Hotmilk is pretty but not especially supportive or long wearing.

Currently wearing Bendon motherlove - they're ok - not especially supportive and I can see they'll need replacing sooner rather than later with frequent washing.

Thanks

(X-posted in product reviews)
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:27pm
Triumph are the best bras support wise that I found (I was a G cup). They aren't sexy but they do support you really well
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 1:43pm

Welcome to the bigger boobies maternity bra challenge....

I ended up buying 4 of these Triumph ones - two in beige (oh Yumm!) and 2 in black. They were so comfy but not very styley. (http://www.brashop.co.nz/products/dept.asp?whichpage=2&pagesize=8&dept_id=158 )

Next time around I am going to dye my beige ones some funky colours and maybe get some more to dye too!

gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 3:02pm
I've got bendon and hot milk - the hot milk ones are good, you just have to pick your style carefully. ie: one of mine (the prettiest of course!) isn't incredibly supportive and cut really low so if you're wearing it in bed one boob tends to fall out lol! But another one is more of a full cut, still looks good and is really supportive. I've found them a lot more user-friendly than the bendon motherlove ones.
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:48pm
gypsynita, which style hotmilk ones do you have? I am thinking of ordering one online, but can't try any on.

I've found the Triumph ones best for big boobs myself. I bought a couple of Bendon ones (black and white) while I was in Aussie and because they don't have "cups" as such I fit into them well (bigger size in the back than usual) but I can tell they won't fit me once my milk comes in or if I get considerably bigger (again) towards the end of my pregnancy. I'm about an F/G at the moment, was a 12E/F pre pregnancy.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 4:49pm
PS - not sure if "Loveable" is available in NZ but I have always gone down a cup size in those, they're quite generous. So definitely worth trying on if they're in the shops. (Their maternity bra is quite comfy and supportive)
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 5:49pm
i can't stand triumph but there isn't much choice (am currently buying J cup size ) i have found some of the UK brands best.

I buy all my bras from blest bras . they have a good returns policy too.
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:14pm
I have Triumph and find they give good support.
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:21pm
Yep I vote blest bras as well - I've got a really nice one from them and it's cheaper than anything I found here.

If you're in Auckland there is a place in Silverdale next to the Bendon Outlet that does large sizes.

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:46pm
I've also got the triumph one (the 3rd one on SimSam's link). It's fine, but ugly. hee hee I think it only comes in beige, but it is euphemistically called "french vanilla". I was an F, and am still feeding, but am much smaller than that now.

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 7:31am
My absolute fav is a Fayreform one and it is totally totally great. Really supportive and comfortable and really pretty. I have it in an E and im pretty sure they go as far as an F - prob higher. Great bras. Highly recommend.
gypsynita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsynita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 8:20am
Originally posted by kiwisj kiwisj wrote:

gypsynita, which style hotmilk ones do you have? I am thinking of ordering one online, but can't try any on.

Can't remember the names but I have the pink silky-looking set and a black and white one (I think that's called whisper sweet wickedness or something?). I was worried about not being able to try them on too, but their sizing guide is really accurate. I went off that and got a perfect fit!

I also got one of their camisoles (black lacy looking one that was part of the deal) but although it looks great and DH loves it , is quite uncomfortable to wear to bed and has absolutely no support whatsoever...
Anita
Mum to Cian (Aug 08), Josh (Jun 10)

kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Leish Leish wrote:

My absolute fav is a Fayreform one and it is totally totally great. Really supportive and comfortable and really pretty. I have it in an E and im pretty sure they go as far as an F - prob higher. Great bras. Highly recommend.

I second this I love fayreform and don't look old fashioned. I am wearing a FF I have a feeling that they do go up to a J 

Post Reply Post Reply