FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwins or Triplets or more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 221>
Author
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 2:28pm
Yeah there is but it was so unexpected.
Its great now and i wouldn't change them for anything but i just dont no if i could do twins again.
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 3:12pm
I know I couldn't! It was hard work! I mean, I probably could if I had to but it would be so much worse knowing what I was getting myself into!

I remember being at Birthcare after I had Chiara and I fed her and she was asleep and it suddenly dawned on me that that was it. There wasn't another baby waiting to be fed/changed/cuddled, there was just her. It was so easy!

Of course then Willie brought the gremlins to visit and chaos ensued...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2008 at 5:31pm
lol i could imagine.
well, i don't think we could handle more. omg imagine having triplets after twins. people who do are superwomen!

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:25am
I wouldn't mind twins again if they were like these girls But it helps that I don't know any better lol! I noticed that alot of you with twins already had one baby prior I'm blessed with ignorance
The girls have been such mellow babies and fantatstic sleepers so if someone could promise me another set of twins as mellow as these I'd be up for it
BRING IT ON!!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 1:19pm
So far so good with me - ask me in another year when the boys are mobile and I probably would say that I would never want to have twins again. At the moment - I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Had a laugh today. Went into the bank and the teller was asking me for tips on how to cope with twins so eventually I asked her if she was expecting twins. She said no but she was going to try to have twins. I felt like laughing at her - some people just have no idea that you cant "plan" twins! She didnt have any heritary twins in her family either. It made my day!
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 6:27pm
Hahahaha! Thats fantastic! I find whenever I'm out with the girls I seem to attract crackpots like a moth to a flame!
People are constantly coming up and asking the stupidest questions it drives me mad sometimes. It's like I should just expect that just because I had 2 at once people are going to treat us like a traveling freak show when we're out?!?!?

Edited to correct spelling

Edited by lisa85

MC April 2010
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 8:10pm
Pretty much! You should see the looks I get in the supermarket when I take all 4 with me!

When the gremlins were babies I seriously considered having t-shirts printed that said "YES we are twins, YES we are identical, YES we are both girls and YES we are big for our age. Any more stupid questions?"

Seriously tho, if I had a dollar for every time someone had asked if they were identical then asked if they were both girls I'd be a millionaire. It's all I can do not to roll my eyes - of *course* they are both girls, they are IDENTICAL!

LOL at the lady wanting to plan twins Cat, if she had any idea what my ferals were like she'd run screaming!

I don't think it gets easier or harder as they get older, it just gets different. You get thru some challenges and you come up against new ones. It depends on their personalities too. Mine are really hard work (and I can say that coz both my singletons are really laid back so I have something to compare them to ), they were refluxy, poor sleepers as babies and are now incredibly full on so the challenge has been learning to cope with that and find ways for them to expend their limitless energy. We still have sleep issues with one of them but in the last 6 months they have improved out of sight, they are far nicer to live with than they were at 18 mths.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:18pm
tell me about it
its always the 'are they twins?' that bugs me in pak n save.... no lady, they are cousins!! lol

and had the oh i so want twins from the girl in pumpkin patch... LOL, good luck to her :D

well my two monkeys spent their first night last night in seperate cots and FINALLY slept thru the night. thank god!!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 10:20pm
Yay for sleeping thru the night!

Mine never liked co-sleeping, we put them in the same bassinette at Birthcare and they screamed the place down, and when we tried it at home it was a disaster too.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 2:44pm
Our monkeys were about 8 or 9 weeks old when they started sleeping through the night and all has been dreamy since so boy did we luck out! It was amazing how they both did it on the same night as well We had them in the same cot till around 6 weeks we had them top and tail, but they got too long and were kicking each other lol! Their Daddy is 6ft4 so they're gonna be tall.

MAYA -
When the gremlins were babies I seriously considered having t-shirts printed that said "YES we are twins, YES we are identical, YES we are both girls and YES we are big for our age. Any more stupid questions?"

I could use a couple of those T Shirts! Why is it that even when you dress them head to toe in pink people still ask if they're girls????

Edited by lisa85

MC April 2010
kasbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2008 at 5:57pm
I think everybody with twins could use those t-shirts Emma some people just dont think before they ask a question.
I'm sure we will be fine if theres 2 in there at least we know wat its all about but i so want to do 1 again. So fingers crossed for me please ladies :)
Kelly, mother to
4 wonderful children.
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2008 at 7:47pm
Haha I was at the mall today and noticed I was getting some funny looks
I realised I was walking behind 2 other Mothers pushing prams with twins!!!! How random is that! We were all walking in a line like some kind of traveling freak show!

MC April 2010
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2008 at 1:44pm
haha oh that is classic Lisa.

It's funny though how many twins you see though these days.

I saw some triplets the other day, that would be hard i imagine. two is enough for us!!!

Well my computer broke so my posts will be very random. Hope you had a great xmas day all!!! twins got lots of stuff, heaps of clothing!!!

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2008 at 8:28pm
Hey Lisa, thanks for telling me about this forum. I would love to join!

20/07/05 Ryan & Katelyn, fraternal boy/girl - Kasbee
14/10/06 Sienna & Mercedes, Identical girls - Maya
31/01/08 Eimear & Aoife, Fraternal girls - Tishy
10/11/07 Noah & Lola, Fraternal boy/girl - Floss
12/05/08 Esme & Hazel, Identical girls - Lisa85
10/05/08 Luke & Zavier, Identical boys - bext1
31/07/08 Marshall & Jordan, Identical boys - cat00
14/03/09 EDD two boys, fraternal - Linda

No history of twins in my family - I'm 41 so I am one of those ladies leaving children until later in like and have twins! My other two boys are 5 and 3. Originally tried for a girl for #3 but have ended up with two boys which is fine....knew there was no control over what we had. I'm nearly 28 weeks and starting to feel it. Still working full time although in a couple of weeks plan to cut my hours down and then finish end of Jan.

I've read a lot of books that all talk about the first six months being a complete blur but I'm not sure if I'm in denial I don't see how it can be that much harder than one baby (obviously getting use to the two of them will be a big learning curb). So am I being unrealistic here? I will be formula feeding so not sure if that will help. I'm going to try the podee bottle - has anyone tried this?

Still haven't decided on the pram. Mountain Buggy are bringing out a compact double buggy in May so I'm thinking I will go with the snap n go wheels first and then see what the new buggy is like.

Have joined the multiple birth assoc and they have been gret.

Another question (sorry, might be a few). Do you get your nappies via a bulk supplier or via the supermarket. Same re formula.

Thanks!

Alex 6 and Harry 8
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 6:10am
Hi Linda

Congrats on your twins!!!

You can buy formula in bulk all you need to do is get your midwife to write a letter saying you are formula feeding and send a copy of their birth cert to the company and you also get it discounted, altho its not for all formula brands and as for nappies we use cloth so I can't help you there sorry.
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 4:36pm
Hooray the list is growing! Welcome Linda and congrats.

With prams we have a steel craft enigma twin stroller which is a side by side pram. We got it from Farmers for around $400 which was the main reason we got it. It's been fantastic but the biggest problem with the side by side prams is sometimes doors can be tricky to fit through and some stores with small isles.

Its amazing how quickly you adapt to having 2 and the best part is they do EVERYTHING together. So its completely different from having to kids different ages going through different stages. Peice of cake..... most days

My sister had Fraternal boys in her late 30's. I think it's something to do with once your over 30 your body starts pumping out multiple eggs at once? Her boys are complete opposites too. One has brown eyes and hair and the other has blonde hair blue eyes. They look nothing alike! Very cute though. Its nice that they have one that looks like her and one that looks like him.

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 4:38pm
Dammit! You just reminded me I need to email the MMBA so I can join a multiples coffee group in the new year. Yay so excited to see some other twinnies!

MC April 2010
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 7:59pm
Our buggy is just a Phil and Teds single with the toddler seat on it as I hated the thought of a big side by side, at the start both Noah and Lola fitted in the top part when it was laid flat then when they were about 3mths the went one in the top one in the toddler seat.
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2009 at 9:57pm
I started out with a side by side but ended up replacing it with a Phil and Teds front and back too coz it's so much easier to get around places. I don't know if my two would have tolerated both being in the top part as Floss' did coz they weren't keen on being that close but I didn't use the buggy much till they were older anyway, to start with I just carried them everywhere in their capsules.

I haven't tried the Podee bottles but I found the easiest way to bottle feed mine was with them in their rockers and me sitting in front of them. Like Floss says you can get the formula discounted, I have the contact details for Karicare and Heinz if you need them. And mine are also in cloth but I buy the Huggies jumbo boxes from Countdown when they are on special for $36.99 each and stock up to use for nights.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2009 at 12:14am
I use the Karicare formula as well. Once you are all set up, they have everything on record and all you need to do is make a quick phonecall with your order and they will arrive the next day. So much cheaper ($7 a tin less) and you dont have to pay for postage.

As for disposable nappies - dont know if there is anything similar for either the Huggies or Treasures brands. Let us know if you find something - have heard a rumour about plunket doing something?!?

I use the Pedigree double stroller with a toddler seat. Is heavy and takes up a lot of room in the car but has been handy. Not suitable for travelling with either.

Hope everyond had a good Christmas and New Years. We went out to town and watched the young ones making a fool of themselves and listened to the bands/fireworks etc. Had a fun evening but made me feel old and boring!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 221>