FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 763>
Author
choco69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choco69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 1:02pm
** lurker in **

hcg levels differ from person to person - a friend gave me this link - hope it helps

** lurker out **

Sponsored Links

Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:06pm
Hey everyone, thought ild add myself to the list.

My EDD is 6 December & after 3 positive pregnancy tests its just starting to seem real, this is my first pregnacy. Had bloods on thursday but waiting for them to come back :)

My partner & I are so excited but I think I am freaking myself out alot by reading up on everything possible.

All the best to all you December Mums :)
kls15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kls15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 4:18pm
Welcome Biddy. This is my first pregnancy too, very exciting but scary at the same time.
Have had a week to get used to the idea now so feeling more and more real every day.
I was the same - took 3 different tests and still wasn't completely convinced till I saw the hCG levels in my bloods!
Have you had bloods or a drs appntmnt yet?

Edited by kls15

Latest list on page 146...
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 6:17pm
Thanks kls15
Had bloods & Doctors appointment on Thursday but Doctor wasn't much although he has got me on folic acid. Bloods should hopefully be back tomorrow. Whats your EDD?
Im not overly sure how to go about anything, when to find a midwife etc. I definantly no that I will feel alot calmer about everything when I am a little further on....lets hope the next 2 months go fast! Have you got any symptoms?
BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 8:12pm
Hi ladies

Congrats on you BFP's I had a December baby last year and the one bit of advice I will offer is get a midwife ASAP as there are less around in December due to the holidays. I started looking for one at 6 weeks and struggled!!! All the best for your pregnancies.
jmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:50am
Hi guys,

Im adding myself to the December list - yay a BFP for me! finally!!! it seems very sureal, only just found out on friday and so i cant quite believe it!   i think my EDD is around 12th Dec but not really sure? had my second bloods today to check my HCG levels are rising so hopefully that is all good.

NA - im exactly the same as you, i have a brown discharge too daily, on friday i thought it was my AF starting so thought we had another failure this month but then the clinic rang to say my bloods confirmed a BFP!    it certainly makes you a bit anxious eh, ill feel better once we get his avo's bloods back and find out what the next step is.

Im only about 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant but am already having all the symptoms, sore boobs, nausea - at all dif times of the day, tiredness, headaches - im amazed that is happened so fast!

I think im still in shock as we have had to go thru alot of medical procedures and IUI and alot of $$$ to get here, i was starting to think it wasnt going to happen!

Lets hope for many sticky babies!!

I think we will be having an early scan as we had 3 eggs this month so they will want to know exactly how many we hit with the IUI ! it could be interesting!!   
TTC 19 mths-PCOS
Clom,Lap & HSG Nov 08
IUI feb 09 BFN
IUI Mar 09 BFP!!
Ariana Lesley Birch 29.11.9
TTC No 2 20 months
IUI May 11-BFN
IUI June 11-BFP sadly M/C
IUI Oct - BFN
IUI Nov - BFN
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:13pm
Hey ladies,

Welcome Biddy & jmac, it is good to see the group growing

Just a quick question about HCG levels, mine was 469 at 16 DPO & then 1212 at 18 DPO.
The doctor said they are not going up as fast as they should be, but I thought that as long as they double every 2 days it was fine??????
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:35pm
Hi everyone, great to see so many more here!

Na, my hgc levels were almost the same as yours and I had 48 hours between tests and I was told they are fine - I don't think you have anything to worry about, silly doctor. They're supposed to double every 24 - 48 hours which yours have.
Two little girls under 2!

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:36pm
those numbers look fine to me na#1
I found this website quite handy

http://babymed.com/tools/pregnancy/hcg/Default.aspx.

Im hanging out for the next 2 and bit weeks til I have my scan i want to see that heart beat

TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:50pm
Thanks Gals, thats what I thought.
Stupid Dr making me worry over nothing
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 5:51pm
My idiot Dr has no idea what he is talking about.
He called me & asked me to come in & see him, so I did.
He sat me down & went through my HCG results & then said he wants to send me for a scan tomorrow because he suspects I might have an ectopic pregnancy.
His reasoning is that my HCG levels have not doubled every day & he thinks that 469 at 16 DPO & then 1212 at 18 DPO is very, very low.
He then said that I am remarkably calm for what is happening & that some women in my situation think it is the end of the world, so he basically implied that he is not hopeful that this pregnancy is viable.
WTF??????????
Is he serious????????
From what I can tell after going on the trusty old google, my HCG levels are perfectly normal & as long as they double every 48 hrs it is fine.
URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry ladies, I am just so frustrated that my Dr is making me feel like there is no hope at all
kls15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kls15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 6:17pm
I think you are best to find a midwife a.s.a.p Biddy, as the good ones only take on a few Mums a month and fill up quick. I have a meet and greet appointment with mine next week (very exciting!) My due date is the 4th of December. Have just been a bit more tired than usual but symptoms just seem to have kicked in over the weekend. I cringe when I take off my bra now and this afternoon I was sitting in staff meeting feeling a bit dizzy with a sore tummy and watery mouth.
Not pleasant!
Welcome to the group jmac, that’s very exciting news about 3 eggs – talk about watch this space! Is this your first baby? You seem to have all the symptoms going on strong – hopefully that is a good sign of a sticky baby / babies!!
Na_#1, your doctor sounds like he is just causing unnecessary stress! My print out said that hCG levels should double “approx” every 48 hours (which yours are obviously doing) and that’s info straight from Medlab. Anyway – hope your scan goes well tomorrow.   

Latest list on page 146...
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 6:17pm
Na_#1 I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you.

So I got my bloods back today that were taken on Thursday & my hcg level was only at 85 & the nurse just said if i experience any bleeding contact the doctor & that they were rather low.
So of course I am worrying but after talking to the pharmacist at work if all is going well mine should now be at 1360 so she has suggested I ask for another lot of bloods?

I hope baby has stuck & we have obviously just found out incredibly early.
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Na_#1 Na_#1 wrote:

My idiot Dr has no idea what he is talking about.
He called me & asked me to come in & see him, so I did.
He sat me down & went through my HCG results & then said he wants to send me for a scan tomorrow because he suspects I might have an ectopic pregnancy.
His reasoning is that my HCG levels have not doubled every day & he thinks that 469 at 16 DPO & then 1212 at 18 DPO is very, very low.
He then said that I am remarkably calm for what is happening & that some women in my situation think it is the end of the world, so he basically implied that he is not hopeful that this pregnancy is viable.
WTF??????????
Is he serious????????
From what I can tell after going on the trusty old google, my HCG levels are perfectly normal & as long as they double every 48 hrs it is fine.
URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry ladies, I am just so frustrated that my Dr is making me feel like there is no hope at all

Just quickly popping in while cooking dinner, but why don't you give Healthline a call and ask them what they think of your hcgs - you could play dumb and say that you haven't heard anything from your doctor so were wanting to know if your levels were ok? Healthline are great, ph no is 0800 611 116.

Oh and aren't hcg levels incredibly high with ectopics - e.g in the 10,000s?? - not low? .

Will be back later...

Edited by Febgirl

NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 7:02pm
wouldnt you be in pain if you were having an ectopic pregnancy?

I found this on google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectopic_pregnancy   gives early signs so I would think unless you have been having extreme cramping it is unlikely you are having an ectopic pregnancy.

Just a word of warning I think if you have a scan before 6 weeks you might not be able to see the heart beat.

but yes your dr sounds like he is causing you worry for nothing.

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:07pm
Lurking....Na, at 14 DPO my hcg was 96 and at 16 DPO it was 262...your GP is being an idiot. As long as they are rising every 48 hours approximately (and yours are!!) they are fine.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2009 at 9:16pm
Lurking as well

Na, what a silly doctor!! My MW has always told me that hcg should double every 2 days, Ive had to have my hcg tracked both pregnancys due to bleeding, and your results look really good!
Im pretty sure if you had an ectopic you would have pain and bleeding...
Your GP REALLY needs to brush up on pregnancy Im sure things are just fine, but good luck for your scan tomorrow **hugs**

jmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:23am
Hi guys,

Na, I agree your doc sounds like he isnt that onto it, i had my hcg done yesterday and it was 17dpo it had gone from 70 at 14dpo to high 300's at 17dpo and they were happy with it at the fert centre. i have even had spotting and they were happy enough?

I worked out i think my EDD is 10th Dec now according to an online thing. ive also tried to track down a midwife as they said dec midwives are hard to get. ill keep trying today!

today im quesy and very tired so def have plenty of signs to say its there! im still in shock tho but its starting to feel real. I have my first scan on 23rd April at 7 weeks so that will be cool, then it will really seem real !

I havent had any docs apt or anything tho, at what stage do you do docs apts etc, i sort of feel like ok your pregnant but what do you do now? they said i dont need any more bloods or anything, the next apt is the scan. i feel like i need more info! lol
TTC 19 mths-PCOS
Clom,Lap & HSG Nov 08
IUI feb 09 BFN
IUI Mar 09 BFP!!
Ariana Lesley Birch 29.11.9
TTC No 2 20 months
IUI May 11-BFN
IUI June 11-BFP sadly M/C
IUI Oct - BFN
IUI Nov - BFN
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 3:03pm

I better add myself to the list. I'm not sure when I ovulated, but an approximate due date would be the 17th December.

We had decided that we didn't want to keep trying because of our financial situation. Murphy's Law

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 3:51pm
December Mummies due date list!

Crazymum                   3 December
Megans Mum             4 December
klsl5                             4 December
Biddy                             6 December
Febgirl                           7 December
Na_#1                           7 December
jmac                             10 December
shadowfeet                  17 December

Hopefully that is everyone so far, please add yourself in or change it if I've got it wrong!

Edited by Febgirl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 763>